Ads

Patch Notes 22/07/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2021

Post#151 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:29 pm

Dabbart wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:10 pm I feel like I've asked for that 3-4 times now in this thread... Is this a singular balance change, or how the team wants to move forward in regards to all stacking?
It was a bugfix first, balance change as a result. They can be both. A lot of what we use for guidance is how the client is constructed, but we have to also take into consideration that Mythic didn't have everything correct or logical by the end of live either. This wasn't a remotely controversial change as the client appeared correct, and the Bright Wizard using a very similar tactic was setup correctly as reference.

Evaluating bug reports will certainly continue into the future and skills will be changed on a case by case basis to the best of our ability using the same logical conclusions and inferred information from similar skills. If we want to make a clear balance change, those will come as a result of larger and less frequent patching. Now in the next couple of years if someone decides to do frequent balance patching directly counter to what I've said, and the playerbase decides to quote me as a gotcha, I will defer to the better judgement of the current devs.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Dabbart

Post#152 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:41 pm

But you're not a game Dev. When you say something should or shouldn't work a certain way, you are speaking as a GM, and player, not a Dev. You have been ABUNDANTLY clear about this in the past.

When a Dev says things should or shouldn't work a certain way, but they clearly haven't historically, questions arise. When a statement is made about ALL tactics based on a particular tactic and how it functions on the mirror, and all other tactics functioning similarly are ignored(as are all points asking directly about them) then it appears that you're just playing politics.

Whatever. It is what is. I'm not gonna waste my time further. Balance as you wish, it your guys' game.

Thanks for at least attempting to clarify. I appreciate it.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

sogeou

Post#153 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:04 pm

Dabbart wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:41 pm But you're not a game Dev. When you say something should or shouldn't work a certain way, you are speaking as a GM, and player, not a Dev. You have been ABUNDANTLY clear about this in the past.

When a Dev says things should or shouldn't work a certain way, but they clearly haven't historically, questions arise. When a statement is made about ALL tactics based on a particular tactic and how it functions on the mirror, and all other tactics functioning similarly are ignored(as are all points asking directly about them) then it appears that you're just playing politics.

Whatever. It is what is. I'm not gonna waste my time further. Balance as you wish, it your guys' game.

The DEV said the BW code was correct. Sorc was not lol.

Toshutkidup

Post#154 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:17 am

Dabbart wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:41 pm But you're not a game Dev. When you say something should or shouldn't work a certain way, you are speaking as a GM, and player, not a Dev. You have been ABUNDANTLY clear about this in the past.

A Dev already stated its a bug fix and if that results in balance changes, so be it. Again this was the exact same reasoning with Riposte, a tactic that really helped 2 order classes that solo’d. Didn’t impact most but was still viewed as a bug so was changed.
dalen wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:09 pm

No, of course not.

And a bug fix isn't a balance decision.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#155 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:13 pm

The first thing I did when joining the team was work on a live event. I've never stopped developing content and have been working closely with other devs the entire time I've been here to do so. I can't imagine you're that unclear about my role on the team with your impeccable grasp of history.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

agemennon675

Post#156 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:04 pm

''- The renown gain from various objectives in RvR has been decreased a bit.'' What is the objectives that mentioned here ?
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#157 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:35 pm

Osred wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:58 pm
Goryak wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:54 pm Seems like it's now mandatory for every patch to have a destro nerf.
Fixing a bug isnt a nerf.
Fixing bugs when this lead to a Destro Nerf = OK

Fixing bugs when this lead to a Destro buff = NO OK + massive forum drama

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=37261

Fenris78

Post#158 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:50 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:35 pm
Goryak wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:54 pm Seems like it's now mandatory for every patch to have a destro nerf.
I'm sure you can find in a not too distant past the exact other way around, like the massive Order nerfs one year ago (KotBS, WL, SW most notably), wich led to greater imbalance (SH was OP and lost his natural WL predator, same for Shaman, KotBS unable to spec effective 2H anymore, etc.).

But please keep in mind :
1. the resis debuff stacking was too powerful in too much cases (it basically equal to hit on zero resistance, wich is very bad for game balance),
2. Sorc didnt need that anyway to timestamp people,
3. There was no such stacking capability Order side = imbalanced mirror classes.

So I would barely call that a nerf anyway.

Ads
areandar

Post#159 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:55 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:29 pm
Dabbart wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:10 pm I feel like I've asked for that 3-4 times now in this thread... Is this a singular balance change, or how the team wants to move forward in regards to all stacking?
It was a bugfix first, balance change as a result. They can be both. A lot of what we use for guidance is how the client is constructed, but we have to also take into consideration that Mythic didn't have everything correct or logical by the end of live either. This wasn't a remotely controversial change as the client appeared correct, and the Bright Wizard using a very similar tactic was setup correctly as reference.

Evaluating bug reports will certainly continue into the future and skills will be changed on a case by case basis to the best of our ability using the same logical conclusions and inferred information from similar skills. If we want to make a clear balance change, those will come as a result of larger and less frequent patching. Now in the next couple of years if someone decides to do frequent balance patching directly counter to what I've said, and the playerbase decides to quote me as a gotcha, I will defer to the better judgement of the current devs.
This doesnt make sense 1 bit mythics cliënt is correct, that u guys cant comprehend it yet i can understand . But if ya replay the packets u can see em all work flawless also it shows dabbert or whatever his name was is correct. U dont understand it 1 bit (wich is not offensively meant) u will have some understanding in years of work. But not the cliënts sides. the whole battle system u guys are using is outdated and doesnt work as per live. Also the components and abilities are not working how they should on ror however it is fine and works for what is needed. This is not bad or anything but its more or less the way it was built from the get go. also u(team) is balancing the game anew. With new skills and new ways of playing the game and reinventing the wheel wich this server is for alpha phase. But to spit on the cliënt or place a blame is like a spit on a legacy.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#160 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:04 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:50 pm
emiliorv wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:35 pm
I'm sure you can find in a not too distant past the exact other way around, like the massive Order nerfs one year ago (KotBS, WL, SW most notably), wich led to greater imbalance (SH was OP and lost his natural WL predator, same for Shaman, KotBS unable to spec effective 2H anymore, etc.).

But please keep in mind :
1. the resis debuff stacking was too powerful in too much cases (it basically equal to hit on zero resistance, wich is very bad for game balance),
2. Sorc didnt need that anyway to timestamp people,
3. There was no such stacking capability Order side = imbalanced mirror classes.

So I would barely call that a nerf anyway.
The dire shielding tactic bugfix leaded to a massive Order Drama and finally was nerfed into oblivion (making it useless again)...so the double moral of some players about "fixing bugs" is pretty obvious....