Ads

Patch Notes 22/07/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ufthakk
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2021

Post#91 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:57 pm

Rapzel wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:12 pm https://www.twitch.tv/gravord/clip/Pric ... Y8Yy7eqF3v

sorc super bad ST.
That's the source for balance decisions? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ads
Caduceus

Post#92 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:05 pm

I just checked the full video, but the Slayer is most definitely showing Sorc debuffs on his buffhead, meaning that during the big wombo combo Sorc OP nukerino he had zero Sorc debuffs on him. Nothing. No Chillwind, no WoP, no Vision of Torment, etc. Consider this one debunked.

But yeah, always saddening to see things like this presented with the fullest confidence. I really do fear that nonsense like this presented in the most biased manner is what drives certain decisions. People are pushing their ideas without much knowledge of the game, or they are simply disingenuous.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

dalen
Developer

Post#93 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:09 pm

ufthakk wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:57 pm
Rapzel wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:12 pm https://www.twitch.tv/gravord/clip/Pric ... Y8Yy7eqF3v

sorc super bad ST.
No, of course not.

And a bug fix isn't a balance decision.
Source Developer

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#94 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:15 pm

dalen wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:09 pm
ufthakk wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:57 pm

sorc super bad ST.
No, of course not.

And a bug fix isn't a balance decision.
Kinda depends on how long the bug was in the game and how well known it was. But whatever, i don't play sorc ;)

Rapzel

Post#95 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:22 pm

Caduceus wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:05 pm I just checked the full video, but the Slayer is most definitely showing Sorc debuffs on his buffhead, meaning that during the big wombo combo Sorc OP nukerino he had zero Sorc debuffs on him. Nothing. No Chillwind, no WoP, no Vision of Torment, etc. Consider this one debunked.

But yeah, always saddening to see things like this presented with the fullest confidence. I really do fear that nonsense like this presented in the most biased manner is what drives certain decisions. People are pushing their ideas without much knowledge of the game, or they are simply disingenuous.
Sorc and BW has the highest single target burst rotations in the game, stop being disingenuous about the bad ST DPS Sorc.

JarlBerzirk

Post#96 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:51 pm

Amazing change for Oil! Bashed my head against that wall for months! Now oil can be dropped strategically instead of for 4 kills. Well done devs.

Omegus

Post#97 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:18 pm

Damage ticks seem to be:

-1404 (crit)
-1545 (crit)
-576 (crit)
-45 (self damage)
-45 (self damage)

On a Slayer with: full rage, no guard, staggered healers, 750 heal debuff. I'm not sure if/how the -50% armour/resistances and Tzeentch's Talon stack, but if so just how much mitigation did he have left? Looks like Tzeentch's Talon applied late in the burst. We also know it wasn't 100% the Sorc because the Chosen was also clearly on him too and got the killing blow.

If that's not supposed to kill someone then what the hell is?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Caduceus

Post#98 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:22 pm

Rapzel wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:22 pm

Sorc and BW has the highest single target burst rotations in the game, stop being disingenuous about the bad ST DPS Sorc.

It's one of the weakest classes in its ST role. High burst rotations on target dummies do not fix that, because players are not target dummies and will actively interfere. Sorc/BW burst is heavily telegraphed and easily countered. Sorc/BW is easily caught and shut down. There's nothing disingenuous about stating that practical reality.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
wonshot

Post#99 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:35 pm

Just a few of my own thourghts about the resist debuff stacking..

In the sorc vs Bw debate, sorc would clearly benefit the most from if both classes continued to have acces to their resist-debuff tactic stacking with abilities like Resist debuff aura, simply because so much of the sorc timestamp is funneled into spirit-type and BW has more of a 60/40 split between corp and elemental.

I will not try to be the judge over if both classes should have had this tactic stacking with auras, or if both should not stack. But the fact that one side had this benefit while also having realm-accesability to Zealot m1 did create a pretty big difference in the potential, not only for what a solo sorc could do, but also what a sorc could do in a coordinated enviroment.

Now I might be wrong here, but when svarz's group on his sorc has insane W/L ration in group-ranked they, dont really run resist debuff stacking. So sorcs without this will probably still be alright, with the raw sprit timestamp.
BWs with flashfire fireballs might slowly start climbing as long as they can avoid facing the decent RSHs in ranked. if ranked results and leaderboards are to be used for any metric of "performance".

I didnt really bother or care if both classes would get the "sorc stacking" or both loose the this potential. Sorc still have a more combined resist type in their timestamp with their spirit selfdebuff and potential for Talon from Zealot m1s. But both classes should probably be on the same page when it comes to resist debuff stacking regardless of how the devs wanted to tackle this, now if this was the correct way over giving the BW ignition same stacking prepatch, time will tell.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

geezereur

Post#100 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:40 pm

What do you do with the Rune Rock the final rewards of the event?
Is it just a rock? lol