Ads

Patch Notes 01/10/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Aricept

Re: Patch Notes 01/10/2021

Post#21 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:42 am

Husti wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:47 am
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:15 pm [19461] - Bloodhorn Bigchoppa's Appearance has been fixed
Can you please have a look at the SW 7 piece invader bonus? It is not working since years. https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/15503

That destro appearence bug got fixed within 8 days. :o
YES please ! (Even if my SW is now closer to the full Sov gear, it is a real problem for the class, as invader gear has no crit bonus, except the 7 pc, that doesn't work) 🙏🏻

Ads
Rhinochild

Post#22 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:02 pm

I think the weekend warfront scenario bug is not actually a bug. It's a nefarious plan by the devs to force people to group up. Pretty soon, after grouping up, people are going to be so thrilled by it that they'll never solo again.
Hamskull, Hamdisc, Hamblek, Hamball, Hambean, Hambeam, etc

Meliannia

Post#23 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:13 am

did about 50 of the vile king of the hill event scen Doom Crater and as predicted was vile and pointless for losing team after 30 secs.
I did premades i did guild 2man i did solo and only one scen out of 50 scens was close and enjoyable , the rest were 500-0 to 500-70 or 70-500 0-500 and over after 20 secs wth 1 team sat at base 1 team sat on ramp staring at each other til clock ticked game away.

to any reasonable person winning 500-0 22-0 non stop or losing 0-500 0-22 non stop is not healthy for the game
better to win 5 games 500-470 and lose 5 476-500 in epic fights to the death heart in mouth daring base takes and holds

please stop with the king of the hill event scen obsession Please for a few weeks no more king of the hill in the name of All That Which Does Not Suck.

I am aware there is hardcore minority who believes 500-0s 5-0 win first fight after 25 sec then sit doing nothing for 3misn is paradise and euphoric joy for them as they believe winning and self>all(WoW 2005/2006) is mission accomplished and care not for competitive close fun games and down to the wire scens which are good for the Community >Self (EQ 1999)

next week Altdorf war quarters or Reik Factory or Phoenix gate, plox (but make sure that cheating flag distance that gives advantage to detro for 3 YEARS since ChineseHero (god rest his soul) pointed it out is FIXED. tuvm

'Swords In The Wind!"

Husti

Post#24 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:52 am

Meliannia wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:13 am did about 50 of the vile king of the hill event scen Doom Crater and as predicted was vile and pointless for losing team after 30 secs.
I did premades i did guild 2man i did solo and only one scen out of 50 scens was close and enjoyable , the rest were 500-0 to 500-70 or 70-500 0-500 and over after 20 secs wth 1 team sat at base 1 team sat on ramp staring at each other til clock ticked game away.

to any reasonable person winning 500-0 22-0 non stop or losing 0-500 0-22 non stop is not healthy for the game
better to win 5 games 500-470 and lose 5 476-500 in epic fights to the death heart in mouth daring base takes and holds

please stop with the king of the hill event scen obsession Please for a few weeks no more king of the hill in the name of All That Which Does Not Suck.

I am aware there is hardcore minority who believes 500-0s 5-0 win first fight after 25 sec then sit doing nothing for 3misn is paradise and euphoric joy for them as they believe winning and self>all(WoW 2005/2006) is mission accomplished and care not for competitive close fun games and down to the wire scens which are good for the Community >Self (EQ 1999)

next week Altdorf war quarters or Reik Factory or Phoenix gate, plox (but make sure that cheating flag distance that gives advantage to detro for 3 YEARS since ChineseHero (god rest his soul) pointed it out is FIXED. tuvm

'Swords In The Wind!"
Id say some group setups and synergies just outshine others by a large amount. That's why there are such unbalanced rounds. In a perfect game where both sides have 2/2/2 setups there should be an even fight. It's just not the case.

It is currently very much in favor of tanks, mdps and tanky healers (WP/Dok, RP/Zealot). Stacking mdps and spamming aoe without selecting targets is just easy and efficient. Nothing else comes close to this.
Last edited by Husti on Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aethilmar

Post#25 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:03 am

Husti wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:52 am Id start with nerfing tank healing and absorbs and mdps armor piercing and ignoring effects. I've seen SMs doing 1million healing and 8million protection (mainly because of bubble casting) in cities. That seems very wrong. I've also seen BOs and Chosens guarding each other without healer with reggen build and 5-6 people couldn't kill them.

Tanks are more and more unkillable. Especially the very high ones in top gear. Even those with 2hand weapons. Give them a little healing and you wont be able to get rid of them. They don't really have a weak spot.
So lets assume we do this. What is going to kill your armor talis stacked WP and DoKs now? Obvious it is tank survivability that is broken ... :roll:

Husti

Post#26 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:01 am

Aethilmar wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:03 am
Husti wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:52 am Id start with nerfing tank healing and absorbs and mdps armor piercing and ignoring effects. I've seen SMs doing 1million healing and 8million protection (mainly because of bubble casting) in cities. That seems very wrong. I've also seen BOs and Chosens guarding each other without healer with reggen build and 5-6 people couldn't kill them.

Tanks are more and more unkillable. Especially the very high ones in top gear. Even those with 2hand weapons. Give them a little healing and you wont be able to get rid of them. They don't really have a weak spot.
So lets assume we do this. What is going to kill your armor talis stacked WP and DoKs now? Obvious it is tank survivability that is broken ... :roll:
Id say that there are several things wrong with the current balance:
1. The difference between light, medium and heavy armor is too big. Top gear tanks have insane amounts of armor on top of all the other defensive stuff that is in the game. Medium armor and all the other stuff they have make DoKs and WPs superior to every other healer.
2. Toughness cannot be penetrated. Most damage abilities are dots and smaller hits. Toughness is incredible good to mitigate them and there is no way for the damage dealers to counter toughness stacking and get through. Not even talking about guard, detaunt, morals, disrupt/dodge/block/parry, renown stuff, absorbs and so forth.
3. Some damage dealers need to raise a secondary stat like weaponskill while others don't need that. However, all have the same amount of stats. That cannot work. Therefore all dps classes/specs that need armor penetraion and don't have it or cannot get enough weaponskill plain and simple suck.
4. Everything is heavily in favor of tanks, mdps and tanky healers. No need for anything else. Stack aoe mdps, guard them, push the same button over and over again, profit.
5. Destro is having way more pulls than order. Pulls are a main CC type like punts or knock downs, yet order has only a crappy one on a pet, while Destro has two very good pulls on Choppas and Maras. Say what you want but it is a lot harder to play Order with Destro having these pulls.
6. Cast times are still from 13 years ago. A lot has changed and the game is faster now. For melees everything is instant. Ranged dps classes still have 3s casts... come on.
7. Healers are just spamming aoe heals and absorbs. The large single target heals are slow and expensive. They should be forced to cast more single target heals and less group heals.
8. It is a lot easier to get damage avoiding stuff then it is to get damage piercing stuff. Everyone is running high Deft Defender, but there is no piercing ability to counter that. It's bs for ranged dps classes.
9. And yes, tank survivability is currently broken. They are far too tanky for most dps.

just to name a few

phononHYPE

Post#27 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:13 am

Freyn wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:35 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:15 pm [19461] - Bloodhorn Bigchoppa's Appearance has been fixed
:cry:
Yarr! Like, finding these little things are important part of the fashion-hammer that is the real end-game. Don't take these away!
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Caduceus

Post#28 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:25 am

Husti wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:01 am
snip

Aethilmar wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:03 am
snip

I think this is an important discussion that needs to be had.

In my opinion, risk-reward balance for healers is all over the place. They're very survivable, have the longest range of all classes, all while being perhaps the single-most impactful archetype in the game. I've pointed this out before, but one strange thing about healers is that their primary stat, willpower, is not worth stacking according to most. This leaves a lot of room for stacking survivability instead. I honestly think this needs to be looked at.

Tanks are largely fine, though I feel like there should be more counter-play to the insane survivability they gain at high renown. In my opinion, it is not okay for tanks to be able to stall on their own for so long. Under the sustained single-target pressure of 4 DPS I think tanks should start dropping. Right now, it's not uncommon for them to survive long enough for their entire team to respawn and run back to a scenario objective, for example. Not to mention when tanks crossguard.

Perhaps the use of pure damage could be tweaked a bit, perhaps through specs, so there is at least counter-play to high mitigation targets.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
Sulorie

Post#29 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:04 am

Meliannia wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:13 am

next week Altdorf war quarters or...
Hell no, a huge map, no mounts and it takes ages to get from one side to the other. Who got the most wh/we or just people, who don't bother fighting and just cap, wins the match.
Dying is no option.

Freyn

Post#30 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:13 am

Husti wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:01 am Id say that there are several things wrong with the current balance:
1. The difference between light, medium and heavy armor is too big. Top gear tanks have insane amounts of armor on top of all the other defensive stuff that is in the game. Medium armor and all the other stuff they have make DoKs and WPs superior to every other healer.
Agree with this one.
Husti wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:01 am 2. Toughness cannot be penetrated. Most damage abilities are dots and smaller hits. Toughness is incredible good to mitigate them and there is no way for the damage dealers to counter toughness stacking and get through. Not even talking about guard, detaunt, morals, disrupt/dodge/block/parry, renown stuff, absorbs and so forth.
Toughness is the opposite of strength/ballistics/intelligence. People will typically have more offensive stat than anyone has toughness.
Husti wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:01 am 3. Some damage dealers need to raise a secondary stat like weaponskill while others don't need that. However, all have the same amount of stats. That cannot work. Therefore all dps classes/specs that need armor penetraion and don't have it or cannot get enough weaponskill plain and simple suck.
4. Everything is heavily in favor of tanks, mdps and tanky healers. No need for anything else. Stack aoe mdps, guard them, push the same button over and over again, profit.
These points seem opposing... mDPS need Weapon Skill, but you say everything needing it sucks, AND it's in favour of them?
Husti wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:01 am 8. It is a lot easier to get damage avoiding stuff then it is to get damage piercing stuff. Everyone is running high Deft Defender, but there is no piercing ability to counter that. It's bs for ranged dps classes.
Strength/Ballistics/Intelligence all reduce defences on their own, no secondary stat is required for this. Also, why "bs for ranged classes", why isn't it bs for everyone? Why single ranged out in this? If anything they would have an easier time here to bypass defences than melee because you are less in need of a defensive stat when you're stood far away, so can stack their damage stat higher. Multiple ranged classes are also magic damage, which has far lower mitigation than physical damage, bypassing armour.

Basically, the summary for your balance issues are "Buff RDPS, nerf tanks!".