Patch Notes 15/10/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Husti

Re: Patch Notes 15/10/2021

Post#21 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:26 pm

nat3s wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:56 pm Resist that driving urge to maintain the status quo, it really does you no favours to keep the same classes on top. Variety extends the life of content, keeping things unchanged - in all styles of play - just leads to people getting bored more quickly.
This. We need a balance shake up for a fresh and new experience. The melee aoe stacking meta getting old...

Please have a look at ...

.. cast times and AP usage in general. Some classes still have very long cast times while others have mostly instant abilities.

.. armor ignoring and piercing abilities and tactics. 50 or even 100% seems a bit high.

.. absorbs and guard in general. The overall mitigation on guarded targets seems a bit high, the damage on the guards a bit low.

.. AOE damage stacking. Some abilities cannot be stacked at all while others can be stacked without limit.

.. vanish and basically unbreakable stealth. It's a bit too good. Same with regen builds.

.. physical ranged dps dealers. Some don't even have an armor pierce tactic in their tree.

.. melee healers. They are a bit over the top atm.

.. classes that are not really wanted in cities.

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#22 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:02 am

ChicagoJoe wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:16 pm
Aethilmar wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:35 pm
oaliaen wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:33 pm How many and which classes will be awarded with this upcoming balance patch? Can you be more specific like giving us some explanations? I think the community would be very grateful and hopeful to keep waiting.
Guard nerfed to 25%
Tank survivability reduced by on average 20%
Tank damage reduced by average 15%

To compensate for reduction in survivability of tanks, healing increased average 20%

To compensate for increased survivability of healers, dps increased by average of 20%
Are you speaking for the developer group or are you spreading misinformation? If its the later it is not appreciated and you should be careful, someone may put you in timeout. These examples you give seem like rather capricious attempts to balance and those are crazy percentages to change to try to balance things.

For example, based on playing mostly order for 5 years and mostly destro for the past 6 months I feel that destro is tank rich and order is dps rich both by volume and abilities/synergies. With dropping destro pop from some class nerfs and NB removal among other things, I don't think what you list would help the current realm imbalance. I hope someone is thinking about ways to create some disincentives to the recent order zerg. I'd prefer some attention to specific classes that may be over/under performing.
Heh. Go look up my eponymous character name in armory and then take a guess as to whether or not I am suggesting a desired future path or making wry commentary on overall direction this game has taken around balancing. :D

Strakar

Post#23 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:50 am

If it's class balance they better retool ranked rewards too. Maybe even leave preseason open a couple weeks after the change to see the impact.

Class balance for ranked is going to be pointless. Has a single solo game even been played yet in preseason? I want to play it but no feasible path to the one piece that makes it worth it, and the experience itself is not inspiring. Dominate, be dominated or draw. Out of like 50 games played, I think maybe 3 both sides actually got a kill.

There's another post about reducing TTK, I think that would help all game modes. I'm a tank and healer, and I say move bellow back to m3, reduce all group healing abilities by 10% and balance rdps back in line with melee ball. Let's try it.

oaliaen

Post#24 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:07 am

Strakar wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:50 am
There's another post about reducing TTK, I think that would help all game modes. I'm a tank and healer, and I say move bellow back to m3, reduce all group healing abilities by 10% and balance rdps back in line with melee ball. Let's try it.
Need to buff Choppa first to counter play slayers and WL .. if not, order will just stomp for real whit these changes.

ExcretusMaximus

Post#25 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:00 am

Strakar wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:50 am There's another post about reducing TTK, I think that would help all game modes. I'm a tank and healer, and I say move bellow back to m3, reduce all group healing abilities by 10% and balance rdps back in line with melee ball. Let's try it.

Agreed.

The most basic design decision around ranged DPS being more fragile and doing less DPS is that they have the advantage of being at range; while that may be true in a lot of games, it sure isn't true here. With the ubiquity of gap closers, pulls, and hard CC like KD and KB, and the fact that basic movement in this game lets a caster get off one 3 second spell at max range before they have to turn and spend the rest of the fight running, ranged DPS is just flat out garbage in this game. Can it work? Hell yes! When you have the perfect comp, you can shred. Is it easily twice as difficult to get that comp, and basically impossible in a PUG situation (whether scenario or ORvR)? Hell yes!

Meanwhile, any three idiots can jump on MDPS and with two healers and a single tank they can melee blob their way to victory against equal or greater numbers as long as they know how to hit the assist button every 5 seconds.

I don't know why the devs here blatantly favor melee over ranged, but honestly, it's damned disheartening.
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

Sinisterror

Post#26 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:25 am

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/19447

Is this some new wpn from new cities ? If so pls send me tells what quests for both sides give new wpns!
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Acidic

Post#27 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:29 am

Ranked

The start of season 3 is delayed by 3 weeks for now. We haven't had time yet to implement the balance changes etc that we would like to do before the start of the season.
Could you clarify for me how ranked and balance are related ?
When obvious inequalities were identified at 6v6 level the standard answer has been the game is not balanced around this mode but with the release linking of 6v6 and balance patches I am kind of not clear on the link and mindset

BluIzLucky

Post#28 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:19 pm

Acidic wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:29 am
Ranked

The start of season 3 is delayed by 3 weeks for now. We haven't had time yet to implement the balance changes etc that we would like to do before the start of the season.
Could you clarify for me how ranked and balance are related ?
When obvious inequalities were identified at 6v6 level the standard answer has been the game is not balanced around this mode but with the release linking of 6v6 and balance patches I am kind of not clear on the link and mindset
Not answering on behalf of gms/devs, but isn't it just standard practice not make balance changes during a season (even if it's only 20 players atm :lol:), not that the changes are based on ranked performance (though don't see why the not do it to some degree since it might be the best place to see how each class is performing).

And.. They gave other reasons, like more time to see how changes pans out and to get more time to focus on other stuff.
Last edited by BluIzLucky on Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Lheana
Head Database Developer

Post#29 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:21 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:30 pm Hm.. Alright, are you gonna remove it from BL and HV too then?
No because these two sets are consignment sets.
Head DB Developer

Anaehll: Shaman 40 RR 8x - Of Sorrow and Death
Anaehl: Sorceress 40 RR 4x - Of Sorrow and Death
Lheanaa: Archmage 40 RR 8x - TeamPsy
Lheaana: Bright Wizard 40 RR 5x - TeamPsy

Alubert

Post#30 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:45 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:35 pm
oaliaen wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:33 pm How many and which classes will be awarded with this upcoming balance patch? Can you be more specific like giving us some explanations? I think the community would be very grateful and hopeful to keep waiting.
Guard nerfed to 25%
Tank survivability reduced by on average 20%
Tank damage reduced by average 15%

To compensate for reduction in survivability of tanks, healing increased average 20%

To compensate for increased survivability of healers, dps increased by average of 20%
LOL
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer