Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 04/11/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Whyumadbro

Re: Patch Notes 04/11/2021

Post#61 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:48 am

can we have overhaul of 2h choppa/slayer specc? PLS?!

Ads
Everdin

Post#62 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:17 am

Overall the Notes are okay, for they are smaller "fixes" but as mentioned before, could you tell us what drive you to nerfing ranged dps while melee already was superior in most cases?

Month ago there where the patches giving sh and sw a proper aoe spec, and while i can confirm that bha was not the funniest way to play it was before, removing it without giving sw another possibility to get enough damage on larger groups (split arrows + sfa is a joke for the range it has).

Another question i would like to know:
What was the problem with bha for destro? There are a lot of dots on other classes doing same or bigger amount of damag combined. Bha atleast could be cleaned easy afaik (3 dots with 1 cleanse).
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Kheriell

Post#63 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:25 pm

Everdin wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:17 am Overall the Notes are okay, for they are smaller "fixes" but as mentioned before, could you tell us what drive you to nerfing ranged dps while melee already was superior in most cases?

Month ago there where the patches giving sh and sw a proper aoe spec, and while i can confirm that bha was not the funniest way to play it was before, removing it without giving sw another possibility to get enough damage on larger groups (split arrows + sfa is a joke for the range it has).

Another question i would like to know:
What was the problem with bha for destro? There are a lot of dots on other classes doing same or bigger amount of damag combined. Bha atleast could be cleaned easy afaik (3 dots with 1 cleanse).
i think the problem with BhA about destro is that we can spam so cleanse is a bit useless against it, ok u cleanse 3 stack, 3 sec later, 3 stacks again, not really fair ;)

Parallell86

Post#64 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:45 pm

Somethings were never ment to be. Broadhead Arrow stackable only made SW's pile up in the back spamming one button for high damage ticks and easy RP as the frontline finish the opponent off.

90% complain because they lost their OPness. And the snare puddles were almost endless before. You can crunch down the numbers with fancy calculations, or not, the only thing that matters are the in game effect. And "getting out" of the puddle and still being snared is just frustrating.

Especially since anti snare abilities only take you half way through the puddle only to snare you again. Yes! They do. I experienced it many times. A regular snare inflicted by a ranged attack or melee snare, is simply removed with anti snare, while the puddle keep you snared. 60% is a pretty heavy snare, and its supposed to give the ranged class time to gain distance not keep you there for 3 GCD's.

I am sure the snare puddles will be pretty effective still you'll see.

Archmages dots still burn through half my HP in one go so I dont see whats the problem. AMs never ending kiting needed a nerf. Order complained plenty on the shaman, well here is their nerf aswell. Dont complain, you asked for this.

Keula

Post#65 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:55 pm

Kheriell wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:20 pm
zuluhuh wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:43 am
Kheriell wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:25 am

Split Arrow doesn't decrease range, only decrease dmg ... BhA is 100 ft, with or without Split Arrow now
It does decrese range to 65ft as always for split arrow and BHA. Damage stays the same.
come on, i played my SW yesterday, stop arguing, NOW, it's 100ft for BhA, it was 65 before ...
The Tooltip is bugged for BHA(not for spiral fletched for some reason), go and test it yourself the ability won't actually go off if you're more than 65ft away and have split arrows slotted.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

Ashoris

Post#66 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:01 pm

dalen wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:39 am
Ashoris wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:34 am Hi,

would it not be fair to remove the "custom" stance requirement from Broadhead arrow now because all the rest is back in line to the original state ?
In the original state an assault SW wouldn't have had 100ft range on BHA, and also wouldn't have had access to Glass Arrow or Acid Arrow.

In Assault Stance you still have a fair few ranged abilities. But just like Marauders, the SW was never meant to be played in just a single stance 100% of the time.
You are ofc right but that does not change the fact that the non availabilty of BHA is a total different factor
- while it is no big deal to switch a stance (on 5 sec cooldown) on a 2s cast like acid arrow or switch to a ranged stance for a skill that has an effect primary wanted if you actually have range ...
having to switch stance on a 5 sec cooldown just to apply an ailment so you are able to apply HD on a target thats close but not in range is a different story.
(often happens as an ASW because of no melee Snare while at the same time beein "in the melee Blob" )
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Kheriell

Post#67 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:25 pm

Ashoris wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:01 pm
Ashoris wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:34 am Hi,

would it not be fair to remove the "custom" stance requirement from Broadhead arrow now because all the rest is back in line to the original state ?
In the original state an assault SW wouldn't have had 100ft range on BHA, and also wouldn't have had access to Glass Arrow or Acid Arrow.

In Assault Stance you still have a fair few ranged abilities. But just like Marauders, the SW was never meant to be played in just a single stance 100% of the time.
having to switch stance on a 5 sec cooldown just to apply an ailment so you are able to apply HD on a target thats close but not in range is a different story.
(often happens as an ASW because of no melee Snare while at the same time beein "in the melee Blob" )
or just in case, Assault spec have a dot too ... don't need to change stance to apply heal debuff

dalen
Developer

Post#68 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:11 pm

Kheriell wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:25 pm

or just in case, Assault spec have a dot too ... don't need to change stance to apply heal debuff
Any Ailment works, and both Acid Arrow and Glass Arrow are ranged Ailments. Then there's a whole bunch of melee range ailments.
Source Developer

Ads
Kheriell

Post#69 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:47 pm

dalen wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:11 pm

Any Ailment works, and both Acid Arrow and Glass Arrow are ranged Ailments. Then there's a whole bunch of melee range ailments.
That's why i said no need to change stance, and don't even need to be in range as aSW, just apply Draw Blood, and it's up to be heal debuffed, even Ailement from others classes give possibility to apply debuff ... so

don't understand why ppl cry about this change on SW, 1 stack BhA still give decent amount of dmg, Steady Aim is nice, except the fact that he's remove himself regulary, the only negative thing i see is glass arrow, to be honest, i liked it before, was giving a nice bust complement when using rapid fire on skirmish spec, now ... it became a bit useless in my eyes, but it's only my opinion, except that, nice work

Ashoris

Post#70 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:35 pm

Kheriell wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:47 pm
dalen wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:11 pm

That's why i said no need to change stance, and don't even need to be in range as aSW, just apply Draw Blood, and it's up to be heal debuffed, even Ailement from others classes give possibility to apply debuff ... so

don't understand why ppl cry about this change on SW, 1 stack BhA still give decent amount of dmg, Steady Aim is nice, except the fact that he's remove himself regulary, the only negative thing i see is glass arrow, to be honest, i liked it before, was giving a nice bust complement when using rapid fire on skirmish spec, now ... it became a bit useless in my eyes, but it's only my opinion, except that, nice work
1st ) iam not crying - iam pretty happy with the patch overall (especially with the removal of the BHA stack)

2nd) It looks like you dont get where iam coming from .... i especially noted that due to game design in general you end up pretty often not in melee range with an ASW so melee applied ailments were not the issue (btw. wrist slash's debuff counts as ailment too). as a 1.5 second "stand still to use" acid arrow is contra productive.

3rd) the no Cooldown HD on order side is already weaker than on destru simply due to how cleanse is distributed and morales are different , but limiting the acces to the no Cooldown ailment (a prerequisite to apply the HD) is weakining it further.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras