Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ashton007

Re: Patch Notes 20/11/2021

Post#41 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:09 am

NSKaneda wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:41 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:59 am Image
Bug Fixes

- Storm of Ravens: Now castable on the move

I can't help but wonder: what about Rune of Burning? It's the same skill...
+1, I know y’all hate mirrors and all but sometimes it’s the solution to be frank.

Ads
Caduceus

Post#42 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:16 am

I have to say ST DPS spec for Zealot looks a lot less viable than ST DPS on Runepriest. I've experimented a fair bit with Valaya-spec as DPS RP and it's a functional spec, with logical rotations and useful, unique utilities.

The same I haven't been able to say for Zealot equivalent, so from this perspective I understand why the Zealot is given something and the Runepriest isn't. It's a lot more difficult to turn the Zealot's DPS arsenal into something viable, in my opinion.

Besides, the Valaya-tree already gets a 100ft snare with 'Immolating Grasp', and it includes a very powerful AP drain to boot. Also the Runepriest equivalent of 'Transference', 'Efficient Runecarving', gives an additional 10% Disrupt strikethrough, which is a very significant advantage.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Omegus

Post#43 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:13 am

The Zealot also gets the +10% disrupt strikethrough. It however does not have a uncleansable DoT which can be specced to proc snares and AP drain (currently draining 60 AP due to a bug).

I still can't work out when/why the snare was added to Rune of Burning to begin with when the original balance proposal was to have Storm of Ravens mirror Withering Heat. I'm not against RPs being about to use Rune of Burning on the move... just remove the snare as RPs have other ways of snaring.

If someone can find the patch notes where Rune of Burning was given the snare I would very much appreciate it!
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#44 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:39 am

Please stop nerfing dok, it is already the worst healer

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=45337

Fenris78

Post#45 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:37 am

pvprangergod wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:39 am Please stop nerfing dok, it is already the worst healer
Stop advertizing for unrelated topics. This patch saw no DoK modification.

companheiros2

Post#46 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:46 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:45 pm
companheiros2 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:58 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:17 am
What buff? Dance of Doom?
yes .. - Dance of Doom: Now castable on the move.... few weeks ago received 15% more dmg... now, dmg on move ... so, keep in this path and few modifications we will have a new brand squig (no one can kill)
Quit embarassing yourself by complaining about a buff for one moral no serious WE would ever use.
It's a logical buff, because all melee channels are usable on the move, so this is just fixing an oversight.
Why would you use a channel moral, which prevents AA and much harder hitting attack abilities?

Tell me.
If a serious WE should never use, so, why change it?
you know, we can build a lot of builds, so, never say never.

keep in mind, the WE will be the new brand squig (no one can kill) (keep pushing it!!!)

dalen
Developer

Post#47 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:58 pm

companheiros2 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:46 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:45 pm
companheiros2 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:58 pm

yes .. - Dance of Doom: Now castable on the move.... few weeks ago received 15% more dmg... now, dmg on move ... so, keep in this path and few modifications we will have a new brand squig (no one can kill)
Quit embarassing yourself by complaining about a buff for one moral no serious WE would ever use.
It's a logical buff, because all melee channels are usable on the move, so this is just fixing an oversight.
Why would you use a channel moral, which prevents AA and much harder hitting attack abilities?

Tell me.
If a serious WE should never use, so, why change it?
It is literally already explained in the patch notes why it was changed.
Source Developer

Grock

Post#48 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:05 pm

Omegus wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:58 pm https://war.jeuxonline.info/actualite/2 ... -patch-135

That's the patch where I believe Rune of Burning was changed to tick quicker and Storm of Ravens to tick slower. I think on ROR the tick rates are correct (7 for Rune of Burning and 4 for Storm of Ravens), but Storm of Raven's damage is incorrect and is likely based on 7 ticks. Neither ability had the snare on live. Storm of Ravens got the snare added here (viewtopic.php?f=102&t=22604&start=10) to mirror Withering Heat.

I cannot find a single mention anywhere of when Rune of Burning got a snare added to it. All I found was a bug report from 2020 to say that it snared but wasn't listed on the tooltip.
Like i say back when i tested it earlier this year the damage was lower than tooltip and pretty underwhelming, the numbers did align with tooltip if you'd double tick damage and make it 4 ticks though
Not sure whats the correct state would be here
Aezron wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:58 pm That is the only snare the Zealot has, Rune Priest has immolating grasp tactic which achieve the same thing.
RP has many useful tactics that Zealot lack, Efficient Runecarving and Transference isn't mirrored either even though they are supposedly mirror tactics.
Talking about tactics RP also doesn't have any resist debuffs while Zealot has tactic and morale, its a bit hard to compare them like that, in any case my point was that 6s channel of ranged damage + snare castable on the move is a bit too much for anyone
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Caduceus

Post#49 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:34 pm

Grock wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:05 pm
Talking about tactics RP also doesn't have any resist debuffs while Zealot has tactic and morale, its a bit hard to compare them like that, in any case my point was that 6s channel of ranged damage + snare castable on the move is a bit too much for anyone

RP gets a very powerful M1 'Rune of Insanity' that drains 200 AP (other classes get a similar morale at M2; it's very useful versus healers or in defensive situations), and also Concussive Runes which debuffs a whopping 990 armor in AoE.

I think Zealot ST is definitely the more lacklustre of the two, so I don't see an issue with Storm of Ravens getting a unique advantage. Snares being castable on the move is nothing new, so I find it hard to imagine that this will sudden propel Zealot ST DPS builds to be strong.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Everdin

Post#50 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:28 pm

Caduceus wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:34 pm
Grock wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:05 pm

RP gets a very powerful M1 'Rune of Insanity' that drains 200 AP (other classes get a similar morale at M2; it's very useful versus healers or in defensive situations), and also Concussive Runes which debuffs a whopping 990 armor in AoE.

I think Zealot ST is definitely the more lacklustre of the two, so I don't see an issue with Storm of Ravens getting a unique advantage. Snares being castable on the move is nothing new, so I find it hard to imagine that this will sudden propel Zealot ST DPS builds to be strong.
Mentiones strong AoE debuff on (Front aoe btw, and RP damage himself has zero benefit from it) - Complains about ST damage of zealot. A good snare is cool, a channeld snare even better, a channeld snare while moving is easy mode for the caster, especially if it's one sided.

One dps healer you can't catch in one realm is anoying, two is a joke, maybe next week charge on kain?
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs