Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 28/01/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Alfa1986

Re: Patch Notes 28/01/2022

Post#11 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:43 pm

Is this a cunning plan to make the NB whine flow into the realm-lock whine?

please do not block anything, this will cause even more outflow of users and nothing more.
instead of lockout, you can block rewards for 2-3 hours after changing realm, this will be much more effective for those people who change side for the sake of getting a big reward.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
mogt

Post#12 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:58 pm

alfa you must known, if this is technial possible, that is the reason, the coding ist possibly the problem

ashton007

Post#13 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:10 pm

Archimediss wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:01 pm Finally this issue gets adressed . Xrealming isnt the answer to population problem it never was . time out on changing sides should be at least 6 hours that will stop any anticipating on any side to be able to switch to get on the winning side . It wont eradicate the problem but make it at least alot smaller
It will make the problem worse actually, only noobs are switching to the “winning side, the pros are switching to farm AAO, the rest are clueless. They should just buff AAO and the reward for kills insanely and then lo and behold people are playing to play again.

Caduceus

Post#14 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:24 pm

Instead of channeling our inner authoritarians and attempt to punish people into playing the way we want them to play, my suggestion is to reward members who are loyal to their faction.

Something like a 10% renown/exp buff for playing on the same realm for a week, and maybe even increase it to 20% after a month, or something like that.

Or maybe give some cosmetic rewards in the form of titles, cloaks, maybe items that work like RoR Banners and give renown buffs to nearby allies?

This dilemma can be turned into an opportunity to add more flavor to the factions and build and expand realm identities (which I think are a fundamental part of RoR).
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

MaxHayman
Management

Post#15 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:39 pm

Kpi wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:07 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:14 am
City Siege
Bug fixes

- Fixed a bug causing players who crash in city to get quitter debuff and remain locked out from their city instance.
This will work for ranked and normal SC?

Ty for your work :)
Yes
Max Hayman

Phantasm

Post#16 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:49 pm

Caduceus wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:24 pm Instead of channeling our inner authoritarians and attempt to punish people into playing the way we want them to play, my suggestion is to reward members who are loyal to their faction.

Something like a 10% renown/exp buff for playing on the same realm for a week, and maybe even increase it to 20% after a month, or something like that.

Or maybe give some cosmetic rewards in the form of titles, cloaks, maybe items that work like RoR Banners and give renown buffs to nearby allies?

This dilemma can be turned into an opportunity to add more flavor to the factions and build and expand realm identities (which I think are a fundamental part of RoR).
Hold your horses. We should be happy the topic is noticed at least and there is some effort put into it. Lets see what really people think about Xrealm and what they want.

Wam

Post#17 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:59 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:14 am
X-Realm Lockout

You're all invited to complete the in-game survey about X-Realm lockout time. The survey will allow us to understand the community's overall opinion on this critical topic. Based on the gathered data, we will be able to take one of the several paths that we've prepared and are willing to test it with you, in order to push for more accurate feedback at a later stage.

** Please note this survey is going through final review and will be pushed to live shortly. You may not see the survey immediately and that's okay. It will show up for you at least once whilst playing.
Its a critical topic which you are going to ask people who are clearly biased against it because it doesn't apply to them so then it can justify bad faith changes that will make the player base become smaller or the game more stale?

you know increasing the lockout will make the game even more zerging, and it won't be the players fault it will be the systems which is locking people into place to siege empty zones which is so tedious and boring and unrewarding... which eventually will lead to a decline in players and fun.

Having less choice as a player is a bad thing, ive yet to see the benefits of a increase in lockout? can someone please who has more experience than me point them out to me? what did the lockout in forts achieve besides less city instances which is a negative? you do realise that the current lockout is buggy and sometimes resets even when players are not in rvr/forts (kek).

Good thing total warhammer 3 is coming out soon, if these bad decisions will be pushed through without a care, asking in the first place is wrong, if you played the game you would already know the cause and effect of such changes.

You see numbers with state of realm are even when organised warbands log in, they pick a side... they kill the one side who maybe had momentum, and was nothing more than supply box running warbands, the side with momentum logs off... now the organised warbands are locked to one realm with nothing to face so they have 2 options 1) pvdoor 2) quit . Eventually people become bored of pvdoor and quit. So if this is your intention then GG but its not healthy for server. Some of those organised warbands are willing to swap sides but if they are prevented by the powers to be, then there is not much they can do.

On the one side you have AAO mechanic, on the other side you want to limit x realm? you want even more zerg friendly server? because last few years its been tilted that direction.

If players want to pride, zerg, aao... unleash them... but punishing players who want AAO is wrong. Players swapping sides generates activity, the more activity the better for the game, especially at off peak times. Its a low population server, you might like or loathe some people who play both sides but its a needed means to an end.

90 mins lockout is overkill as it is... let players play the game, especially one which was founded and built on a mixed community.

Tell me why x realming is a bad thing when you pick the under populated side? 8-)

Literal x-realming is good enough for solo ranked because "low pop"... why is orvr subject to being treated different?
Last edited by Wam on Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

sioding
Game Master

Post#18 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:01 pm

Wam wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:59 pm ...snip...
How about waiting for the result before assuming anything?
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

Ads
Wam

Post#19 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:08 pm

sioding wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:01 pm
Wam wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:59 pm ...snip...
How about waiting for the result before assuming anything?
I know the /3 /advice spammers you are asking... and their opinions show a lack of knowledge and experience.. and their opinion is going to out weigh someone like mine who has every character in vanquisher or mostly in sov (kek) and i am totally honest about things :)

When you see people suggesting 6 or 12 hour lockout... you think do they know what they are asking for? do they care about the game or community? or just themselves? i know which is which.

You see the conspiracy theorists sometimes leak into /t4 about the "x realmers" and you sometimes have to tell them to knock it off and take to another channel... not that its a international server and timezones is a thing.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

oaliaen

Post#20 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:09 pm

Sometimes ranked bugs when cant see ppl in group...