Patch Notes 28/01/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
sharpblader

Re: Patch Notes 28/01/2022

Post#101 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:59 am

Kaelang wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:40 pm
Hi there seems to be a bit of ambiguity in question three of the survey:

"How often do you decide which realm to play with your guild and friends prior to logging in?"

Is it an individual decision? Meaning, hey today Ill play with my order guild or my so and so friends?

Or,

Is it a collective decision made by friends and guild (probably through discord)?

Ads
Jhaerik

Post#102 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:36 pm

X Realming lockouts seems like a great way to lose part of the player base while the complainers just go on to complain about something else.

Just hate when I see devs start limiting player freedom in games because of cancel culture shouting. Get enough of that in real life.

"I don't like this thing so you shouldn't be able to do it."
Big deal get over yourself. You do you.

Kpi

Post#103 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:42 pm

I play 99% of my time with order, and very proud of this.

But xrealm lock only will do some peolpe get stucks in one side. Maybe a 1 hour lock must be ok, but the timer must start when the player logout, not when he starts to play with a side.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#104 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:30 pm

Quick reminder that nothing will be implemented before that we slowly go through feedback and discuss it with Focus Groups. It's a critical topic and we will not rush it, the CM team is keen on making sure that previous rushed mistakes won't happen again. Next weekend, the survey will close and we will gather/read the data. Later on we will discuss the whole idea with the RvR Focus Group, from scratch. So it will take some time, and it will take a lot of discussions and questions which we hope the prominent campaign leaders will be able to answer. The purpose was to deal with this continuously popping topic, get a clear and final decision and move forward, in order to shatter all "what ifs" once for all.

Jhaerik

Post#105 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:43 am

I think the biggest thing to keep in mind is how many players do you lose either way.

My two cents would be if possible don't limit the logging in process at all. Just limit access to oRvR. If someone wants to run Scenarios and level an alt on the other faction instead of playing their mains, then why limit that? Why not just use something similar to the chicken debuff? Flag the account for X number of hours and if you enter an oRvR area you get chicken debuffed.

I new here, but I'm an old hand at MMOs having played EQ/DAoC/WoW/Rift/Aion and half a dozen other MMOs over the past 23 years. From my perspective the leading cause of playerbase loss is change. The goal should always to be to make needed changes while alienating as few as people as possible. If this change is being made to fix an oRvR issue, then limit it to oRvR. Use a scalpel not a sword. Otherwise you'll find yourself spending more time firefighting and banning people trying to circumvent it than making progress.

Making changes because the vocal minor cry a lot, and the passive majority nod their heads in sync rarely fixes anything as they always move on to the next issue and cry and nod some more. By the time you realize it you'll be playing a different game entirely with only the vocal minority left.

Vladimir73

Post#106 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:23 am

In my opinion, the survey should be bound with the whole account but non any characters in it. I mean, only one voice of the account could be counted for the survey.
One account - one voice.
SW Marinaell 40/80+
WH Kondrad 40/70+
AM Alinor 40/60+
KOtBS Halmut 40/60+
BW Dmar 40/60+
ING Grogrim 40/50+

kirraha

Post#107 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:54 am

GamesBond wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:30 pm Quick reminder that nothing will be implemented before that we slowly go through feedback and discuss it with Focus Groups. It's a critical topic and we will not rush it, the CM team is keen on making sure that previous rushed mistakes won't happen again. Next weekend, the survey will close and we will gather/read the data. Later on we will discuss the whole idea with the RvR Focus Group, from scratch. So it will take some time, and it will take a lot of discussions and questions which we hope the prominent campaign leaders will be able to answer. The purpose was to deal with this continuously popping topic, get a clear and final decision and move forward, in order to shatter all "what ifs" once for all.
You will always have to deal with the returning discussions such as "choppa pull op, nerf slayer, game to hard for casuals etc."

The xrealming is a myth imo. Maybe you have some who loves riding the stick of bigger numbers. But you have the organized wbs and smaller grps who love fighting on the side with lesser numbers.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#108 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:07 pm

pvprangergod wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:44 pm when will tether buffhead enemy swiftassist addons be illegal, survey for those? pleas
To solve what issue exactly? :^)

Ads
Darks63

Post#109 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:19 pm

saupreusse wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:07 pm
pvprangergod wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:44 pm when will tether buffhead enemy swiftassist addons be illegal, survey for those? pleas
To solve what issue exactly? :^)
I believe he was being sarcastic/joking saup
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

ElMosquito

Post#110 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:00 am

Restricting player options with a 24h lockout is not going to solve any pvdoor issues or unbalanced populations. I can already imagine what it will look like in practise:

Whenever any side becomes slightly overpopulated and starting to zerg the people who are getting zerged will just log off, making the population even more imbalanced while the organized groups who would love to switch to the underdog side can't and probably also will log off after some pvdooring because the game has become too boring to play.

Instead of adding more restrictions to what players can and cannot play make it more rewarding to switch to the underdog side. When one side gets overpopulated, what you really want to do is to encourage people to switch to the underdog side, not force people to just log off which would be the only other option to imbalanced populations whenever they happen.