Ads

Patch Notes 28/01/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Automation

Re: Patch Notes 28/01/2022

Post#21 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:26 pm

sioding wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:01 pm
Wam wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:59 pm ...snip...
How about waiting for the result before assuming anything?
Well, we saw in past how that turned out no?
The game is made extremely stale and boring.
As Wam explained well, adding to the lockout system will only make it worse.
But maybe thats youre intention? To make the game even more zerg friendly?
If so, thats fair, its you devs and GMs server annyway right.

Ads
Albais

Post#22 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:32 pm

Caduceus wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:24 pm (...) my suggestion is to reward members who are loyal to their faction.

Something like a 10% renown/exp buff for playing on the same realm for a week, and maybe even increase it to 20% after a month, or something like that.

Or maybe give some cosmetic rewards in the form of titles, cloaks, maybe items that work like RoR Banners and give renown buffs to nearby allies?

This dilemma can be turned into an opportunity to add more flavor to the factions and build and expand realm identities (which I think are a fundamental part of RoR).
I completely agree with that suggestion (especially the part about adding more flavor).
Image Granur Loriksson Image Dvali Gembeard Image Skirvir Azrilgrund

nocturnalguest

Post#23 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:02 pm

sioding wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:01 pm
Wam wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:59 pm ...snip...
How about waiting for the result before assuming anything?
Sadly they are very predictable assuming how the majority plays this game.

Xergon

Post#24 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:04 pm

Well... this is very interesting... Wouldn't it be better to start debate/discussion where ppl would actually bring arguments for PROS and CONS ? And im not talking about randomly started/ignited topics by members of community, but topic created by DevTeam Member... But since you already did it this way...

Like right now, i want to ask anyone who does believe that longer lockout timer can make in anyway a BETTER GAME experience to explain me, how is that suppose to happen? I'm ready to engage conversation on arguments to anyone who does believe it makes any sens.

If this server had population of lets say 10k, then you could probably do some magic like making 2 servers and trying splitting stuff accordingly on the fly, but thats not the case.

With such low population (that even getting lower) any limits on players only makes it worse. For me, this whole topic comes from place where people actually believe that players do switch to higher population for easy fights or stomping... For 1 guy doing that you most likely could find 2 others doing opposite.

So you want 24h why stop there ? Lets go 1 week or 1 month, lets dive into that reality. If you have enough imagination its not hard to expect how that change will impact game experience. Lets say DESTRO will dominate this week, and another week, and another week and so on, why ? Because swapping faction is being restricted they will remain to play on only one side, but because gameplay become boring from week to week, they will most likely lose will to log on, so you lose players. Now you gonna say, great, overpopulated side losing ppl, sure, but very the same will happen to side being dominated, ppl will stop logging in and play even faster on that side. Ofc you can say they will come back, sure, what if they wont, because why should they ? Should they come back and experience same stuff next time ?

What should happen IF you actually want to keep healthy balance between sides is to encourage xrealming. There should be reward (just like AAO atm) to encourage people to make characters on both sides and be ready and have freedom to log/swap side to get most benefit during their game time. This would Naturally make population balance to happen.

Longer lockout limitation is only an invite to braindead zone/campaign farming for gear/token or w.e else...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Mruvka

Post#25 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:09 pm

Caduceus wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:24 pm Instead of channeling our inner authoritarians and attempt to punish people into playing the way we want them to play, my suggestion is to reward members who are loyal to their faction.

Something like a 10% renown/exp buff for playing on the same realm for a week, and maybe even increase it to 20% after a month, or something like that.

Or maybe give some cosmetic rewards in the form of titles, cloaks, maybe items that work like RoR Banners and give renown buffs to nearby allies?

This dilemma can be turned into an opportunity to add more flavor to the factions and build and expand realm identities (which I think are a fundamental part of RoR).

This is a very smart solution to the problem. Incentivizing instead of punishing is always the better approach.

Something like 10 play hours per week with one side only (no more than 5 minutes on the other side), should give you 10% renown buff and possibility 20% higher bag roll. Review play time every Monday and grant/remove a 7-day buff which gives these bonuses.

As a dirty city logger, higher bag roll would be more important to me. I imagine some people switch sides not necessarily for the renown, but for the bigger quantity of bags.
Titillation - 82 RR WL
Shibboleth - 81 RR WP
Mrun - 20 RR IB

Sarnai

Post#26 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:22 pm

Caduceus wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:24 pm Instead of channeling our inner authoritarians and attempt to punish people into playing the way we want them to play, my suggestion is to reward members who are loyal to their faction.

This is the correct approach. Incentivize staying on one side instead of restricting people who want to play the whole game.
WH looking for gunbad left

Garamore

Post#27 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:36 pm

This whole post will be xrealmers saying the world will end and non xrealmers saying it will be the best thing ever.

The actual answer lies in between. Its pretty rare you see guild warbands swap from one side to the other in day. Most pick a side and play that for the evening. What it will punish is someone levelling up an order char who wants to do a destro wb in the evening and vice versa.

The positive though is people will begin to migrate to playing one side or the other on certain days. That will lead to a bit more certainty of who will be on each side as most guilds publish their wb times and you will be able to pick and choose. If people really want to balance the fighting they can make that decision for the next day/week.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Paxsanarion

Post#28 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:57 pm

Love This idea! I would say no lockout at all and reward those who chose to play one side consistently …..let the player decide which is more important :-)

Ads
Rubius
Developer

Post#29 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:44 pm

Good fixes, thank you for quickly handling the city timer issues and also the LoTD reservation issues from the last test!

wonshot

Post#30 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:48 pm

for as long as the server is free to play, and allows for several accounts crossrealming will always be a thing imho.
then VPN bypassing might be a thing and in the end of the day the realm lockout will most likely just upset more people than it actually prevents anyone from "winnerjoining", as a result of underdog side is only appealing for two things;

- AAO progression which is not that big in the current state of the game where progression is gated byhind token, and players are logging onto the gravytrain winning side for bags instead of aao rp farming on underdog.
- kills and a challenge, while some warband leadres and 6man do this from time to time for the sake of useing the gear they have accumulated, i think its very safe to say this is a very tiny minority of the playerbase thinking and doing this. And instead of having two seperate words for it in debates like this we end up having "cross realming" covering over "winnerjoining" aswel. When crossrealming is healthy for the game, in the case of players going to the underdog side to promote pvp and more even numbers or seaking a challenge.

Regardless of how the votes land and the Xrealming scapegoat looks, AAO and progression is the real issue to not promote winnerjoining and instead promotes crossrealming to keep activity and pvp going.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO