Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 28/01/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dwyur

Re: Patch Notes 28/01/2022

Post#31 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:36 pm

Dealing with the important issues I see, the lockout timer issue re-surfaces with the same old tired, misinformed complaints from people who got zerged or something and came to forum to complain.

edit; why is the suggestions always something to limit players? as just mentioned by Bombling, the AAO bonus & progression is the real issue; god forbid anything is done to lessen the gear gap or gear grind to keep players playing though. let's put limits on who is playing to prevent "crossrealming" because 2-3 vocal players posted about making a 24 hour lockout timer, or I saw an even better suggestion last week- make players choose 1 side and then delete their characters on the other side. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

Ads
Ramlaen

Post#32 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:24 pm

Excessive realm lockouts will only hurt pop balance.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Martok

Post#33 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:28 pm

Caduceus wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:24 pmInstead of channeling our inner authoritarians and attempt to punish people into playing the way we want them to play...

Thus is the actual problem in play here identified.

Oh, and this too:

Ramlaen wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:24 pmExcessive realm lockouts will only hurt pop balance.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

tazdingo

Post#34 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:39 pm

whatever the majority of players vote for must be respected whether it's your preference or not. it will be nice to see the argument put to bed after that

Kaelang

Post#35 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:55 pm

I would like to take some time to preface the point of the survey - and very briefly touch on what the purpose of it is as there's seemingly some opinionated views being spread as to what our intention is.

This survey was produced by the CM team - we are here to ensure player experience is optimal as well as relay information to the Development team and ensure correlation is achieved.

Cross Realming (at least what we're focusing on) is not fun for anyone. We aren't trying to stop you playing with friends. We aren't trying to stop you being able to play a side. What we're trying to stop, is the absolute stomping from one side and encouraging people to leave one side, to join the other to make it PvDoor.

If you think PvDoor is fun and enjoyable - then you may be upset with some of the ideas we have bubbling away.

If you want to return to playing PvP - then you'll probably like some of our (very early in development) prospect ideas.

Just to clarify, we do not want to stop you playing a side or playing with friends. We want to drop you picking a side and playing VS doors instead of other players. We want to bring the waaagh back to the game, and keep it there.

Additionally: These results will be used to research what YOUR thoughts are on it. YOU have a say in what happens, or what doesn't.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Xergon

Post#36 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:44 pm

Kaelang wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:55 pm I would like to take some time to preface the point of the survey - and very briefly touch on what the purpose of it is as there's seemingly some opinionated views being spread as to what our intention is.

This survey was produced by the CM team - we are here to ensure player experience is optimal as well as relay information to the Development team and ensure correlation is achieved.

Cross Realming (at least what we're focusing on) is not fun for anyone. We aren't trying to stop you playing with friends. We aren't trying to stop you being able to play a side. What we're trying to stop, is the absolute stomping from one side and encouraging people to leave one side, to join the other to make it PvDoor.

If you think PvDoor is fun and enjoyable - then you may be upset with some of the ideas we have bubbling away.

If you want to return to playing PvP - then you'll probably like some of our (very early in development) prospect ideas.

Just to clarify, we do not want to stop you playing a side or playing with friends. We want to drop you picking a side and playing VS doors instead of other players. We want to bring the waaagh back to the game, and keep it there.

Additionally: These results will be used to research what YOUR thoughts are on it. YOU have a say in what happens, or what doesn't.
Hello, very nice explanation.

My 1st question, is there any data on how population shifts during some specific periods of RvR campaign progression ? If YES, great cause this should clearly show how ACTUALLY population does react/behave to the situation on the field. If NOT, then it should be somehow set to collect, so we actually have discussion based on facts NOT on personal player feelings like Yesterday i had bad experience because we have been losing all fights, must be enemy side zerging a lot

My 2nd question, why or where this statement comes from
Cross Realming (at least what we're focusing on) is not fun for anyone.
For groups/guilds that actually does look for fighting it is fun. What fun is not is boredom stomping on enemy, PvDoor all day, because enemy has no numbers to contest anything. Most ppl if not all groups that i know of, when they about to form they look on population and based on that the decide which side to log, and they log the least populated. Action on field can shift very fast, losing side can very easly start losing ppl, then there are groups who will and want to switch to keep action going, any kind longer lockout will limit that ability.

Following above, do you actually believe that punishing/limiting ability to crossrealm is the path to increase PvP action and decrease PvD action ? If, so please explain because i completely cannot see that. If your answer is that ppl switch to winning side then i would like to see data reinforcing it.

Cheers.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Kaelang

Post#37 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:06 pm

Xergon wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:44 pm
Hello, very nice explanation.

My 1st question, is there any data on how population shifts during some specific periods of RvR campaign progression ? If YES, great cause this should clearly show how ACTUALLY population does react/behave to the situation on the field. If NOT, then it should be somehow set to collect, so we actually have discussion based on facts NOT on personal player feelings like Yesterday i had bad experience because we have been losing all fights, must be enemy side zerging a lot

My 2nd question, why or where this statement comes from
Cross Realming (at least what we're focusing on) is not fun for anyone.
For groups/guilds that actually does look for fighting it is fun. What fun is not is boredom stomping on enemy, PvDoor all day, because enemy has no numbers to contest anything. Most ppl if not all groups that i know of, when they about to form they look on population and based on that the decide which side to log, and they log the least populated. Action on field can shift very fast, losing side can very easly start losing ppl, then there are groups who will and want to switch to keep action going, any kind longer lockout will limit that ability.

Following above, do you actually believe that punishing/limiting ability to crossrealm is the path to increase PvP action and decrease PvD action ? If, so please explain because i completely cannot see that. If your answer is that ppl switch to winning side then i would like to see data reinforcing it.

Cheers.
1st Answer - Do we have data on amount of population shifts during specific periods? It's definitely something we have access to - how far are we using this information to drive decision making, at this stage isn't something we can really comment on considering the ideas we have haven't been flushed out. But we can see from feedback and general consensus that there is an issue here we need to identify. Right now the most commonly used phrase alongside this is the PvDoor.

2nd Answer - The 'at least what we're focusing on' should've really been explained a bit more. But generally I agree with what you're saying. The ability to Cross Realm is fun. PvDoor isn't. That's what I meant. Aspects of the system being accessible make for a fun experience - but parts of it need to be worked on.

2nd Cont - PvDoor is definitely influenced by the ability for people to move over to one side and hard push for the fast rewards. Is it the ONLY thing that's causing it? It's yet to be identified, but currently it looks like the ability to X Realm as is is playing a part.

As always - the survey is here to collect YOUR thoughts as the community. We aren't pushing hard changes without hearing what your opinions on on the subject. So if you get the survey, fill it in. ;)
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Automation

Post#38 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:31 pm

Kaelang wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:55 pm I would like to take some time to preface the point of the survey - and very briefly touch on what the purpose of it is as there's seemingly some opinionated views being spread as to what our intention is.

Thanks for nice explenation and being open.
Tbh, not to name annyone or intend to be offensive but its a breath of fresh air reading such a response.
There has been a long time the response would be ' This is our server, we make this and own this, you are all just testers and if you dont like it here or what we do, you can leave'
Annyway back to the positive, i like youre view and look forward to those changes : )

Ads
Glorian

Post#39 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:43 pm

Guild Coin WB fix issa great. :)

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#40 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:48 pm

Automation wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:31 pm
Spoiler:

Thanks for nice explenation and being open.
Tbh, not to name annyone or intend to be offensive but its a breath of fresh air reading such a response.
There has been a long time the response would be ' This is our server, we make this and own this, you are all just testers and if you dont like it here or what we do, you can leave'
Annyway back to the positive, i like youre view and look forward to those changes : )
It's an old infamous quote that we strictly refuse as CM team, and you may have already noticed zero triggering replies or similar behavior in the recent months. We're here to support and represent the community from within the RoR team and giving the proper weight and value to the Return of Reckoning community is a top priority for us, it's the reason we expanded this CM team from last year. We're working on achieving a better communication between the players and the development team.