Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Paxsanarion

Re: Patch Notes 28/01/2022

Post#41 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:59 pm

GamesBond wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:48 pm
Automation wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:31 pm
Spoiler:
Kaelang wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:55 pm I would like to take some time to preface the point of the survey - and very briefly touch on what the purpose of it is as there's seemingly some opinionated views being spread as to what our intention is.

This survey was produced by the CM team - we are here to ensure player experience is optimal as well as relay information to the Development team and ensure correlation is achieved.

Cross Realming (at least what we're focusing on) is not fun for anyone. We aren't trying to stop you playing with friends. We aren't trying to stop you being able to play a side. What we're trying to stop, is the absolute stomping from one side and encouraging people to leave one side, to join the other to make it PvDoor.

If you think PvDoor is fun and enjoyable - then you may be upset with some of the ideas we have bubbling away.

If you want to return to playing PvP - then you'll probably like some of our (very early in development) prospect ideas.

Just to clarify, we do not want to stop you playing a side or playing with friends. We want to drop you picking a side and playing VS doors instead of other players. We want to bring the waaagh back to the game, and keep it there.

Additionally: These results will be used to research what YOUR thoughts are on it. YOU have a say in what happens, or what doesn't.
Thanks for nice explenation and being open.
Tbh, not to name annyone or intend to be offensive but its a breath of fresh air reading such a response.
There has been a long time the response would be ' This is our server, we make this and own this, you are all just testers and if you dont like it here or what we do, you can leave'
Annyway back to the positive, i like youre view and look forward to those changes : )
It's an old infamous quote that we strictly refuse as CM team, and you may have already noticed zero triggering replies or similar behavior in the recent months. We're here to support and represent the community from within the RoR team and giving the proper weight and value to the Return of Reckoning community is a top priority for us, it's the reason we expanded this CM team from last year. We're working on achieving a better communication between the players and the development team.
And you all are very much appreciated! *salute*

Ads
Strakar

Post#42 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:29 am

Thanks for giving us the chance to vote on this, whether we like the outcome or not.

I do agree with what a couple other posters mentioned about progression being off lately and a much bigger issue than cross realming. It's why people feel the need to pvdoor in the first place to accelerate progression.

There was some change to RP and medal rewards on keep and zone locks that really killed progress. I'm almost RR 58 on my 2nd character and only have enough medals for one low level vanq item. Fortunately I've been lucky on bags, if I ended up with 4 belts I'd probably be rage quitting. But I can't imagine what dps classes that aren't getting contribution for bags are supposed to do. I'll never get another char to RR 70 at this rate.

anarchypark

Post#43 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:18 am

where were you when 100~400 aao happening in server?
70 vs 15 fort etc. it's mostly in NA time zone.

according to pop balancers, aao shouldn't happen.
maybe that's why EU is mostly stalemate.

stalemate and 400 aao, both are bad.
fight and zone lock should flow. like money should flow.
but with healthy battles, not by 100+ aao zerg.

you may know leechers. waiting premade to leech.
those ppl need to solve problem themselves.
with 1 less option that xrealm to follow favorite leader, they might improve.
become new leader or learn to work with what's left.
it needs experience, learning from fails.
maybe, give them opportunity b4 pretend savior.

besides, it's not hard to check before logging in.
and team says there's more to come depend on result.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Nekkma

Post#44 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:49 am

Just gather and compile detailed data on population on say 2 weeks. Then add the 24h lockout, that seems to be the idea, for 2 weeks. Compare population data between the two. Personally, I am certain crossrealming have little to none effect on the population.

Just test it and then we can bury the stupid crossrealming cope once and for all.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Xirucio

Post#45 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:36 am

24h lockout is a wonderful idea and i tell you why.
Guild Wars 2, although a very RvR advertised game, it lacks ''substance'' an identity in this department. When the game launched it had this server pride / identity that gave purpose to players to join world versus world, but in time this anchor got diluted which to this day let that game mode (world vs world) in a state of senselessness. Why even fight each other since there are no in game factions and the server glory is no longer seen as a standard for winning?
Same with the xrealming in RoR.
The fact that there was no barrier to faction change at any time, contributed to the thinning of the this much needed fine line between the two.
Players should start to see RoR from a Mmo perspective and not a Moba one, where one can pick ''a hero'' from a multitude of options and simply jump into the game.
Let's try to keep WaR's identity closer to what it actually is, a MMO-RPG game with factions.
Last edited by Xirucio on Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

BrosephStylin

Post#46 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:40 am

Isn't any attempt totally worthless when people can have multiple accounts?

Until you start locking players to a single account through IP or something, this conversation cannot happen.

heybaws

Post#47 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:43 am

Jesus Christ, people really be looking at mid working day rvr and blame xrealmers for brodda guild pvdooring empty zones? Its dead time with literally 1 premade on the lakes what the hell do you expect?
It's actually insane, you have certain amount of "realm pride" kind of warbands who push empty zones on cooldown cause they will never swap to other side (because its op even though they never played on it), and you blame xrealmers for this? Who xrealmed, when, where, how did it affected rvr state? You have nothing except your personal feelings on it. The "people switching to pvdoor for easy rewards" are pugs who either run around solo, or join open warbands and spread mindlessly around the map, you can't seriously imply that they are gamechangers in terms of rvr balance.

Caduceus

Post#48 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:26 am

What always seems to be lacking in these discussions is what are we actually after?

What is the goal of lockouts?

And before you say "To stop crossrealming" - that is clearly not the case. The game in more ways than one encourages crossrealming and it even overtly rewards a +50% exp/rr bonus for one hour if you crossrealm to the less populated realm. Crossrealming isn't seen as a problem, or otherwise this reward would not be in place.

Formulating goals clearly is of great importance, and something that is often forgotten in discussions like these.

So I ask you: what is the purpose of lockouts?

And when we find that purpose, we should consider that there may be other ways of achieving it. Right now I think people are completely stuck in a tunnel vision when it comes to lockout timers, which are the most brute force/anti-fun/unelegant way of solving this.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
Napis

Post#49 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:54 am

Is this survey already open and if so how can I access it?

Bozzax

Post#50 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:02 am

Lol at trying to fix a zerg by design rvr campaign with lookouts
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7