Patch Notes 09/03/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Farrul

Re: Patch Notes 09/03/2022

Post#171 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:36 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:19 pm
Farrul wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:06 am
Lion1986 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:50 amif you read, for example, i quitted 2 years ago due to the fact that most warbands where just coming into a zone, deliver few crates, escape the zone and repeat proces to farm contribution and bags only, avoiding totally RVR. I returned due to these changes which, in my opinion, revitalized the fight itself.
Fair enough, i will provide some context. I joined a 4 man with my W-Lion and made enough War Crests to the point i find it unethical ;) at this rate it's trivializing content, balance is off the roof to put it gently and it does not create a good environment in game, a lot of griefing will happen over time. Compared to the old system, i'm making progress at least 10 x times faster than previously on this toon.

Then i joined a Warband with my SnB IB to see the difference and dear lord, 2 hours in the zone i'm not earning what my WL did in 15 minutes. I think RVR should promote Warband play and not these small scale roaming groups, they have a huge advantage atm in how fast they are aquiring War Crests. War Crest per kill is an obvious outlier and should be nerfed considerably, bag/gear cost ratio somewhat balanced to the old system( With Weeked event and zone locks into consideration).
That full warband has to actually make 4 times as many kills to theoretically have the same crest gain rates but even then it's usually 1-2 groups only, who do most of the job, while others are less efficient. To get good amount of crests in a warband, you have to be in a decent group.
This hasn't changed since the patch. This is why pug warbands are terribly inefficient for drops/kill rewards and running boxes was the best way to get influence.
What has changed is a huge nerf to Bags, inefficient pre-patch and inefficient now is on a different level. Shifting focus from Bags to kills in such a dramatic way creates a big imbalance, i.e a slap in the face for casuals not able to have a premade of friends waiting for them everytime they log in. I'm actually starting to question the efficiency of premade-warbands at this point, i don't see how a SnB tank/heal joining a 24 man premade(regardless of how good it is) coming anywhere close to the War Crest farming gains of a 4-6 men group.

I like the idea of the unified currency but the implementation is not good from a balance point of view, if it isn't adjusted i think a lot of casuals will simply quit over time due to how expensive the gear has become and unrewarding bags, the grind pre-patch was more than enough, there was no need to increase it dramatically for the average player.
Skullgrin wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:26 pmSo yea, not only is the drop rate of crests down comparatively, the bags don't give anywhere near the same rewards they did before. I've not only lost out due to the screwed up conversion rate, I also now have to be very careful regarding potion buying and use, otherwise I'll run out crests to purchase them, where before I had enough medals to NEVER have to worry or even think about it.
A gold bag is rewarding approximately 80% less then previously, so unless one joins a strong(geared) premade group yeah prepare for a long grind.

Ads
bradbury111

Post#172 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:44 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:33 am It is important to understand why higher tier gears are locked in a way that the game requires you to unlock lower gear tiers:
- Avoids the need to save every crest for the endgame gear by requiring you to buy gear along the way as a way of gear progression
- Allows the team to have basically same rewards for same content at all levels. Instead of complicated systems with lower rewards at certain RR thresholds like we had before
What's wrong with players choosing what to do with their own crests? If the fear was players hoarding crests...war crests are a currency and will always be prone to that. Forcing to sink crests into suboptimal and unwanted gear doesn't change that some sets have suboptimal stats for their class / spec.
It could have been possible to make those sets more appealing, giving a purpose to buy, instead the decision made was to find a solution to force people paying for a tax progression (do you like paying taxes?)

New players and casuals are the most affected: slowing down progression and most wanted target for fast war crests, what could possibly go wrong?

Please change the approach of solving problems, restrictions aren't the only way (maybe the xrealm survey players' response was an hint to that)

Lion1986

Post#173 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:34 am

I like the idea of the unified currency but the implementation is not good from a balance point of view
CASUAL PLAYERS means persons that play game maybe 1 hour a day if we are lucky. Balancing game on these kind of players will mostly ruin the whole server. Don't get me wrong, i got nothing against player themselves, but MMORPG (like this game) always have been grindy and time consuming by definition. for a casual player getting geared via zerg or bags makes little difference. Plus this is first patch. later on devs can lower the amount needed. It is not something set in stone forever.
a lot of casuals will simply quit over time due to how expensive the gear has become
not a big loss. Casuals boost pop numbers, ofc, but in an essential way they are basically like bots.
A gold bag is rewarding approximately 80% less then previously, so unless one joins a strong(geared) premade group yeah prepare for a long grind.
I must have played anotehr server then. Yesterday won 1 purple 1 gold and 2 green bags. on my 38 pg just bought genesis cloak and 1 conqueror in 2 hours time of time played.
casuals not able to have a premade of friends waiting for them everytime they log in. I'm actually starting to question the efficiency of premade-warbands at this point, i don't see how a SnB tank/heal joining a 24 man premade(regardless of how good it is) coming anywhere close to the War Crest farming gains of a 4-6 men group.
this is not a staff issue sir: stop making [not you ] useless 1 man guilds and start joining guilds that do warbands. Guild warbands does not mean getting a second job here, means get a minimal horganization in rvr. You can also go scenarios.

shoelessHN

Post#174 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:39 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:40 am
BluIzLucky wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:59 pm Yeah, lower tier set prices looks to have doubled while drastically reducing medal gains from breaking down higher tiers.
I think breaking down higher tier currency was a work-around, which shouldn't be there in the first place. This means the currency gain rates have to be reevaluated and gear prices reduced, if they happen to be too high under normal progression speed without -xp scrolls.
Lol it was never a work around. It was to reward players with higher level medals for killing higher level players. And if you kept your rr up to the appropriate level you could take advantage of those higher tier medals. It's also why you couldn't convert them UP past officer. Gate keeping gear for everyone below vanq is a terrible idea for this server. Nobody with interest in the longevity of this server would want lower players running around ungeared vs invader/warlord/sov folks.

devilx2022

Post#175 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:54 pm

a lot of casuals will simply quit over time due to how expensive the gear has become
not a big loss. Casuals boost pop numbers, ofc, but in an essential way they are basically like bots.

lol wow, and this is exeactly what u get here as a new casual player! u be just a renown bot to push those highlevel ppl to rr90+ in theyre own little world.
last patch notes... they dont even talk about prices an such probs...

i like this game as many of u new or old players, but is it woth to support such meaning.

so many other games out there where u are welcome and not just getting raped.

dont wanna disrespect devs or someone else, but this is exactly how it feels since very long time to new players and such who havent yet a souv equiped char.

just the elite gets a ear if they cry a river again,it looks like its a little community in theyre own world, sad...

Uberlix

Post#176 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:53 am

Lion1986 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:34 am
So, what does qualify as "casual" for you? People that don't play everyday?

I pretty much stopped playing (apart from the one day for the first Land of the Dead Test this year), the currency overhaul got me back into the game, since now i am only missing the invader footgear for my choppa.

Got three characters on CR 40 (highest being rr72 choppa, lowest rr59 sorc) and invested quite some time with these characters alone.

If i qualify as a "casual" by your logic, i shouldn't even bother? Genuinely curious.
WWWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!

Lion1986

Post#177 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:34 am

I pretty much stopped playing (apart from the one day for the first Land of the Dead Test this year),
You answered yourself on casual definition.

Farrul

Post#178 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:46 am

Lion1986 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:34 amI must have played anotehr server then. Yesterday won 1 purple 1 gold and 2 green bags. on my 38 pg just bought genesis cloak and 1 conqueror in 2 hours time of time played.
Then i invite you to play on the same server as the rest of us, here do the math(i quote myself):
1) Bag efficiency in RvR is nerfed a lot.

Previously 25 Gold bags/75 royals were needed to purchase Sovereign trinket. Now you need 45+ Gold bags/1849 war crests for the very same Sovereign trinket.

Ads
Uberlix

Post#179 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:48 am

Lion1986 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:34 am

I pretty much stopped playing (apart from the one day for the first Land of the Dead Test this year),
You answered yourself on casual definition.
Since we established that i am a casual player that doesn't play daily, i will ask you again:

Should i and other players like me, according to you, even bother playing the game in that case?
WWWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!

Lion1986

Post#180 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:26 am

you should play if you want. You should not play if you do not want. simple as that. Game is like this. whining on forum won't change how devs are gonna patch the emulator. Just we got to live with it and give our best.