Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
kryss

Re: Patch Notes 16/03/2022

Post#51 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:41 pm

Gravord wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:22 pm
kryss wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:59 pm
Gravord wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:08 pm

Then you would have other group of players complaining that kills are prioritized too much over faction effort. And since kills are already worth a lot more than before the change it would reward small kill squads even further while not letting casual player keep the steady weekly warfront progress.
The difference, which is not irrelevant for some time zones like daytime EU, is having SOME-LITTLE progress for the losing and outnumbered faction, instead of ZERO progress at all in keep and fort takes. Casuals can definteley snag a few kills in keep/fort sieges, or at least can hope to, whereas completing the fort take/defence is literally impossible when you're half of the enemy. If this is not incentivizing a little "faction effort", I don't know what it is: surely, it's not giving players a quest that can't be completed unless u play 16+/24 hrs a day, hoping the pop tide will swing in your favor.
You progress the kill part of warfront and you progress objective caps part. You progress 2 out of 3/4 tasks :shock: . Quite sure thats more than "zero progress". And you have target rich enviroment to farm kills and dont share them with too many faction members.
you progress in 2 (maybe 3, with keep takes) out of 4 tasks, complete them, and then you stop altogether cause you don't get to finish the fort part. Simple as that. I'm sure you saw destro's fort progress to the city that was just played, so I don't have to add anything else, but you can keep telling a different story, the one that suits you best. Things are just different: many people will simply skip forts when they know it's a stomp fest 160 vs 80, they are already doing it. If you play h24 to get the pop swings, and surf the right zerg's wave for your chars, good (or bad?) for you, but this is not how you get more people participating in RvR. This is not incentivizing a healthy gameplay for all, it's rather the opposite

Ads
TrainInVain

Post#52 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:31 am

All of my toons now have proper ToK credit for previous and current armor sets. Thanks for making the post patch adjustments that you guys have done.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#53 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:37 am

so seems the new meta is 60% destro to 40% order so no matter the changes it is still not going to save the est NA order experience. I am interested to see if destro keeps their word like they were saying in region last night that they would play destro mon-fri and order on the weekends.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#54 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:21 am

Emissary wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:37 am I am interested to see if destro keeps their word like they were saying in region last night that they would play destro mon-fri and order on the weekends.
destro? lol you mean the xrealmers. that ain't "destro"

dalen
Developer

Post#55 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:50 pm

Rubius wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:23 pm Some very good changes in here overall, thank you for the update!

There's at least one more big change that would be very helpful, if it's possible:

Please grant previous wards for those who have already equipped at least one piece of higher tier gear.
(I.e.: If you had armor pieces of a set purchased and equipped, you can buy the rest of that set.)

Right now there are players wearing 5/7 Invader pieces that are being forced to stop and purchase entire Vanquisher sets that they do not need and will never use. They remain punished by this system and it's not a great feeling for them to spend days or weeks grinding for things they don't want.

This change would only come into play for those players who were surprised by this new rule in the middle of gearing, and so long-term all the new players will still follow the gearing rules of moving up one set at a time.
This was fixed in hotfix. Except for boots & gloves which you can buy for gold.
Source Developer

dalen
Developer

Post#56 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:52 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:47 pm Good patch, thx.
Are there any plans to change a bit the RvR mechanics in LotD to me more "antizergy"?
There's some plans for changes yes. They didn't make it in time for this patch though. Maybe next week.
Source Developer

Surtur

Post#57 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:39 pm

dalen wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:50 pm
Rubius wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:23 pm Some very good changes in here overall, thank you for the update!

There's at least one more big change that would be very helpful, if it's possible:

Please grant previous wards for those who have already equipped at least one piece of higher tier gear.
(I.e.: If you had armor pieces of a set purchased and equipped, you can buy the rest of that set.)

Right now there are players wearing 5/7 Invader pieces that are being forced to stop and purchase entire Vanquisher sets that they do not need and will never use. They remain punished by this system and it's not a great feeling for them to spend days or weeks grinding for things they don't want.

This change would only come into play for those players who were surprised by this new rule in the middle of gearing, and so long-term all the new players will still follow the gearing rules of moving up one set at a time.
Doesn't work yet. still gives errors for the previous gear Tok when trying to buy last piece of vanq
Runepriest-Teekoo
Nallepuh-Chosen
And bunch of alts

dalen
Developer

Post#58 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:21 pm

Surtur wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:39 pm

Doesn't work yet. still gives errors for the previous gear Tok when trying to buy last piece of vanq
Yes it works, here I equip the Invader chest piece for example and get the chest unlock in all previous ward tiers:

Source Developer

Ads
Acidic

Post#59 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:51 pm

dalen wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:52 pm
Ninjagon wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:47 pm Good patch, thx.
Are there any plans to change a bit the RvR mechanics in LotD to me more "antizergy"?
There's some plans for changes yes. They didn't make it in time for this patch though. Maybe next week.
Nice!

Surtur

Post#60 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:54 pm

dalen wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:21 pm
Surtur wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:39 pm

Yes it works, here I equip the Invader chest piece for example and get the chest unlock in all previous ward tiers:

still nope if you take a look on my chosen. still says "the tome unlock "conqueror ward" is required.
*Edit* https://imgur.com/a/dBdcQAq

-Nallepuh