Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 16/03/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
TrainInVain

Re: Patch Notes 16/03/2022

Post#31 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:41 pm

I'm not understanding how this ward system works for armor. I have a bunch of t1 and mid tier toons who have no credit in the tok for armor they've bought. My lvl 13 bright wizard is wearing 2pc braggart now and it doesn't show complete. Taking the armor off and putting it back on has no effect.

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#32 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:34 pm

Gravord wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:03 pm
Spoiler:
BluIzLucky wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:21 pm
Gravord wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:57 pm

You might have missed it but now Weekend Sc Warfront have 2 genesis crest as second reward. Also guild coin quests can be done from lvl 1 character and each coin can buy 2 genesis crest.
And it's great that guild coins are made more attractive, but in my 1+ year of playing in big active guilds, I've probably only gotten 10 across all my chars after trying multiple times.
They used to be buggy in past. Right now appears that every guild coin quest works correct and can be repeated every 7 days from quest delivery. Character from lvl 1 can start earning 2 coins per week, 3 from lvl 33 and visiting Gunbad and additional 2 for city siege wins on lvl 40, potentially up to 5 coins a week (which would translate into 10 genesis crest if they choose to spend it that way).
In similar manner from lvl 1 character can collect 2 genesis crest every weekend for future lvl 40 needs at expense of crafting box/vial.
Right and that's very good for people who can (rarely feasible for me) AND want to play like that AND are aware of they need to now plan ahead from lvl 1 (not new players :lol:)..

So for me that's a WAY larger effort than simply getting to C40 and opening a blue/purple/gold bag a couple times..

If they want to make it more like before (with a reasonable cost to remove randomness) my suggestion to move all 15 G crests into gold bags will do that.

Moving the cost of a full set (all sub weapons+9 rings) from 2.7k War Crests first patch, this patch is 1.2k and my suggestion with all in gold bag would be 400 WC or 720 WC if GCs are split 5 purple and 10 gold.

It's not gonna effect how long it takes and others can still take advantage of guild coins and SC if they want to boost it (like before unification).. and it will close the opportunity cost gap significantly.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

kryss

Post#33 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:27 am

Many good QoL adjustments, and one big big flaw: the new rvr quest favors mass zerging and one-side stacking of people. Say what you want, but I've never seen such a big unbalance between population, at least in EU daytime (atm it's 61 des - 39 order in Tier 2+). I like playing with AAO and good rr bonuses, but this is - a bit - too much. Sure, I could roll a destro char as well, but would it be fun to increase the steamroll even more? I don't think so

Gravord

Post#34 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:38 am

kryss wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:27 am Many good QoL adjustments, and one big big flaw: the new rvr quest favors mass zerging and one-side stacking of people. Say what you want, but I've never seen such a big unbalance between population, at least in EU daytime (atm it's 61 des - 39 order in Tier 2+). I like playing with AAO and good rr bonuses, but this is - a bit - too much. Sure, I could roll a destro char as well, but would it be fun to increase the steamroll even more? I don't think so
How does it favors zerging when defending a keep or fort is equal in value to attacking and taking one? And defending tends to be a lot easier.

Garamore

Post#35 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:51 am

During the day when only 1-200 in the lakes, if they all join one side its an easy way to take keeps and forts and complete the quest. Recent day forts have been 140+ destro to <60 order. Defending only becomes more attractive when you can fill the pop caps on both sides.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

kryss

Post#36 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:06 pm

Gravord wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:38 am
kryss wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:27 am Many good QoL adjustments, and one big big flaw: the new rvr quest favors mass zerging and one-side stacking of people. Say what you want, but I've never seen such a big unbalance between population, at least in EU daytime (atm it's 61 des - 39 order in Tier 2+). I like playing with AAO and good rr bonuses, but this is - a bit - too much. Sure, I could roll a destro char as well, but would it be fun to increase the steamroll even more? I don't think so
How does it favors zerging when defending a keep or fort is equal in value to attacking and taking one? And defending tends to be a lot easier.
Oh, almighty Gravord, please teach Order how to successfully defend a keep when they have 100-160 aao, or a fort when destro is exactly 2x your numbers (150 vs 70, or even more). For the rest, see the post above for further explanation. Running with the dominating blob first for your main, then for your alts, is a 100% chance guarantee of completing the quest: why not doing it over and over, and get juicy warcrests on top of it for the kills and captures and flips? And that's exactly what's happening

Edit: This is not a Order-specific rant, it might be a Des' problem at night, or even in the same morning: what i'm saying is that the type of quest tends to make people log for the winning side, and amass/amass/amass till they get the forts and keeps they need. So one side is always A LOT bigger than the other. Is this fun? Not sure.. :) I am currently pewpewing with a SW during sieges, it's alright, getting crests and rr, but I remember better days for this server..

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#37 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:48 pm

because the team that is zerging is winning +1, and team that is not doesn't get anything because their defence ends in fail.

Gravord

Post#38 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:49 pm

kryss wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:06 pm
Oh, almighty Gravord, please teach Order how to successfully defend a keep when they have 100-160 aao, or a fort when destro is exactly 2x your numbers (150 vs 70, or even more). For the rest, see the post above for further explanation. Running with the dominating blob first for your main, then for your alts, is a 100% chance guarantee of completing the quest: why not doing it over and over, and get juicy warcrests on top of it for the kills and captures and flips? And that's exactly what's happening

Edit: This is not a Order-specific rant, it might be a Des' problem at night, or even in the same morning: what i'm saying is that the type of quest tends to make people log for the winning side, and amass/amass/amass till they get the forts and keeps they need. So one side is always A LOT bigger than the other. Is this fun? Not sure.. :) I am currently pewpewing with a SW during sieges, it's alright, getting crests and rr, but I remember better days for this server..
Weekly is 150 war crest. Semi decent team can make more per hour by playing with aao. If that makes ppl zerg, its not a system issue but player mentality.
Speaking of player mentality issues and keep defences, whats up with no aao for either side, 300vs300 situation where order just give up on open rvr and run to sit on keep walls of their 3 star keep, expecting destro to attack, instead being a bit more pro active themselves? Happened yet again yesterday prime time and its such a dissapointing thing to see.

Ads
Strakar

Post#39 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:53 pm

How many successful defenses have you been on? Keeps I'd say 1 in 10, forts maybe 1 in 5. Definitely less likely on destro for whatever reason. Agree that it does continue to perpetuate zerging, but I'd still keep the weekly events over not since nothing fundamentally changed.

And the lack of successful defense has nothing to do with skill, organization, etc. It's that the right combination of population rarely happens to facilitate a defense. If it's anything more than 20 AAO it's a guaranteed loss, and when even numbers than it's unlikely a side will choose to siege for risk of giving away a free bag. Rarely you get a situation where a side outmanuevers the other from another zone to defend.

And everyone keeps blaming it on player behavior, you need to create a reward system that dictates the behavior you want or it won't change. See it in real life - government doesn't want people to smoke, tax cigarettes. Can't find anyone to do an undesirable job, pay more. Same here, reward what you want to happen...
Last edited by Strakar on Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kryss

Post#40 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:58 pm

Gravord wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:49 pm
kryss wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:06 pm

Weekly is 150 war crest. Semi decent team can make more per hour by playing with aao. If that makes ppl zerg, its not a system issue but player mentality.
Speaking of player mentality issues and keep defences, whats up with no aao for either side, 300vs300 situation where order just give up on open rvr and run to sit on keep walls of their 3 star keep, expecting destro to attack, instead being a bit more pro active themselves? Happened yet again yesterday prime time and its such a dissapointing thing to see.
Of course it's players' mentality, but this is not a reason for creating quests and tasks that incentivize the worst ways of playing the game. And I dont' think crests is what really drive people (yes, I agree, u can farm them a lot with gank parties, or even by soloing with this system), it's the event item and the bis tali: you get everything for your weekly dose just by RvRing a bit and surf the zerg for some hours, get all done without even touching SC or run PvE