Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 16/03/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lion1986

Re: Patch Notes 16/03/2022

Post#41 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:01 pm

people sucks and complain on forum that classes are unbalanced and game is unjust.... then you go scenarios and see slayers afking at spawn and ranged dps focusing shield tank and complaining that their class do no damage... ok! :D

Ads
Gravord

Post#42 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:11 pm

kryss wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:58 pm
Gravord wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:49 pm
kryss wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:06 pm

Oh, almighty Gravord, please teach Order how to successfully defend a keep when they have 100-160 aao, or a fort when destro is exactly 2x your numbers (150 vs 70, or even more). For the rest, see the post above for further explanation. Running with the dominating blob first for your main, then for your alts, is a 100% chance guarantee of completing the quest: why not doing it over and over, and get juicy warcrests on top of it for the kills and captures and flips? And that's exactly what's happening

Edit: This is not a Order-specific rant, it might be a Des' problem at night, or even in the same morning: what i'm saying is that the type of quest tends to make people log for the winning side, and amass/amass/amass till they get the forts and keeps they need. So one side is always A LOT bigger than the other. Is this fun? Not sure.. :) I am currently pewpewing with a SW during sieges, it's alright, getting crests and rr, but I remember better days for this server..
Weekly is 150 war crest. Semi decent team can make more per hour by playing with aao. If that makes ppl zerg, its not a system issue but player mentality.
Speaking of player mentality issues and keep defences, whats up with no aao for either side, 300vs300 situation where order just give up on open rvr and run to sit on keep walls of their 3 star keep, expecting destro to attack, instead being a bit more pro active themselves? Happened yet again yesterday prime time and its such a dissapointing thing to see.
Of course it's players' mentality, but this is not a reason for creating quests and tasks that incentivize the worst ways of playing the game. And I dont' think crests is what really drive people (yes, I agree, u can farm them a lot with gank parties, or even by soloing with this system), it's the event item and the bis tali: you get everything for your weekly dose just by RvRing a bit and surf the zerg for some hours, get all done without even touching SC or run PvE
What tasks would you suggest?

Garamore

Post#43 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:43 pm

Kill 1000 people in rvr
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Surtur

Post#44 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:46 pm

Just came back to RoR and started playing one of my alts. Had 5/6 vanq equipped on him but cannot buy last piece without buying rest of the earlier sets since most of them has been salvaged. Will there be way to buy the gear that im already using without spending hundreds of war crest on gear which i'll never gonna use.
*Edit* And yes i've had the gear in the past but all the ToKs and Wards seems to reset after some inactive time...
Runepriest-Teekoo
Nallepuh-Chosen
And bunch of alts

kryss

Post#45 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:02 pm

Gravord wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:11 pm
Gravord wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:49 pm

Weekly is 150 war crest. Semi decent team can make more per hour by playing with aao. If that makes ppl zerg, its not a system issue but player mentality.
Speaking of player mentality issues and keep defences, whats up with no aao for either side, 300vs300 situation where order just give up on open rvr and run to sit on keep walls of their 3 star keep, expecting destro to attack, instead being a bit more pro active themselves? Happened yet again yesterday prime time and its such a dissapointing thing to see.
Of course it's players' mentality, but this is not a reason for creating quests and tasks that incentivize the worst ways of playing the game. And I dont' think crests is what really drive people (yes, I agree, u can farm them a lot with gank parties, or even by soloing with this system), it's the event item and the bis tali: you get everything for your weekly dose just by RvRing a bit and surf the zerg for some hours, get all done without even touching SC or run PvE
I'm no fan of tasks/quests, like everything that strongly polarize factions, but
Kill XX while in a keep area, kill XX in fort, would be surely better than the fort or keep take: you'd give winners a reward, since they would be able to complete the task faster while steamrolling, but you let defenders/losers have some little progress as well (decent progress if they organize more than a bit). This is not a solution to mentality's problem, but lets' say a "patch" that lets the underdog play in a something meaningful way

Gravord

Post#46 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:08 pm

kryss wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:02 pm

I'm no fan of tasks/quests, like everything that strongly polarize factions, but
Kill XX while in a keep area, kill XX in fort, would be surely better than the fort or keep take: you'd give winners a reward, since they would be able to complete the task faster while steamrolling, but you let defenders/losers have some little progress as well (decent progress if they organize more than a bit). This is not a solution to mentality's problem, but lets' say a "patch" that lets the underdog play in a something meaningful way
Then you would have other group of players complaining that kills are prioritized too much over faction effort. And since kills are already worth a lot more than before the change it would reward small kill squads even further while not letting casual player keep the steady weekly warfront progress.

kryss

Post#47 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:59 pm

Gravord wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:08 pm

Then you would have other group of players complaining that kills are prioritized too much over faction effort. And since kills are already worth a lot more than before the change it would reward small kill squads even further while not letting casual player keep the steady weekly warfront progress.
The difference, which is not irrelevant for some time zones like daytime EU, is having SOME-LITTLE progress for the losing and outnumbered faction, instead of ZERO progress at all in keep and fort takes. Casuals can definteley snag a few kills in keep/fort sieges, or at least can hope to, whereas completing the fort take/defence is literally impossible when you're half of the enemy. If this is not incentivizing a little "faction effort", I don't know what it is: surely, it's not giving players a quest that can't be completed unless u play 16+/24 hrs a day, hoping the pop tide will swing in your favor.

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#48 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:06 pm

wild to blame the players mentality when the created system encourages undesired behavior.

the RoR team should not just act like game designers but also think like them as well. game designers these days are aware of player psychology and that players will optimize the fun out a game - every game. Lots of reasons for this - minimal time, enjoyment of knowing everything and doing it the best possible way, etc. Therefore it is the game designers job to design the gameplay in a way that protects players from themselves. create systems that encourage certain behaviors they want within their game.

Could potentially change tasks to...

Win/defend 3 fort battles
Win/defend 2 keeps
Participate in 6 keep battles.
Participate in 10 fort battles.
Capture 10 BOs
Kill 150 players
Acquire 3 or 5 Loot bags
Loot 3 Order/Destro supply boxes

Because the tasks are tied to winning and GENERALLY we can all see how well a realm is going after 15-30 min in the lakes with them this encourages players to give up a zone and go level elsewhere uncontested or to not bother with a fort/keep because they're about to lose it. Already seen this happen a bit.

If we know for a fact players will always choose the path with less resistance we can at least make it so that being there in the first place is a part of the reward, then reward them for successfully doing the task anyway. Blaming the player's mentality is not going to fix anything and comes off as a way of brushing off responsibility for the implemented design not working well.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#49 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:05 pm

IF they had better cross-realm lockouts in place, then it would be different, but with the current ease to hop to the winning side it makes the weekly event meh
-= Agony =-

Gravord

Post#50 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:22 pm

kryss wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:59 pm
Gravord wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:08 pm

The difference, which is not irrelevant for some time zones like daytime EU, is having SOME-LITTLE progress for the losing and outnumbered faction, instead of ZERO progress at all in keep and fort takes. Casuals can definteley snag a few kills in keep/fort sieges, or at least can hope to, whereas completing the fort take/defence is literally impossible when you're half of the enemy. If this is not incentivizing a little "faction effort", I don't know what it is: surely, it's not giving players a quest that can't be completed unless u play 16+/24 hrs a day, hoping the pop tide will swing in your favor.
You progress the kill part of warfront and you progress objective caps part. You progress 2 out of 3/4 tasks :shock: . Quite sure thats more than "zero progress". And you have target rich enviroment to farm kills and dont share them with too many faction members.