Ads

Patch Notes 16/03/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dalen
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 16/03/2022

Post#61 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:46 pm

Surtur wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:54 pm still nope if you take a look on my chosen. still says "the tome unlock "conqueror ward" is required.
*Edit* https://imgur.com/a/dBdcQAq

-Nallepuh
check the wards in your tome of knowledge then to see which piece is missing.
Source Developer

Ads
Rubius
Developer

Post#62 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:15 pm

dalen wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:50 pm
Rubius wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:23 pm Some very good changes in here overall, thank you for the update!

There's at least one more big change that would be very helpful, if it's possible:

Please grant previous wards for those who have already equipped at least one piece of higher tier gear.
(I.e.: If you had armor pieces of a set purchased and equipped, you can buy the rest of that set.)

Right now there are players wearing 5/7 Invader pieces that are being forced to stop and purchase entire Vanquisher sets that they do not need and will never use. They remain punished by this system and it's not a great feeling for them to spend days or weeks grinding for things they don't want.

This change would only come into play for those players who were surprised by this new rule in the middle of gearing, and so long-term all the new players will still follow the gearing rules of moving up one set at a time.
This was fixed in hotfix. Except for boots & gloves which you can buy for gold.
Multiple guildmates are going to be very excited to hear this. Thank you very much!

Raffty

Post#63 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:08 am

Hello, today i was little bit irritated. Are there some changes at the War Crests? Im quit sure, i have more than 1000 at the bank. Today i have only 800, so there was a lack of arround 200 war crests. Maybe a bug? Or any context with the Twitch drop? I get 200 form Thursday and another 200 from Thuesday.

Any here with the same issues? Little bit annoying, because I already spent 800 too much for the weapon last week ...

BluIzLucky

Post#64 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:05 pm

Previously on RoR patch notes:
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:33 am III. Ranked SCs & Gear:
In addition to the above, the Triumphant Set and the Victorious Set can now also be bought for War Crests but remain purchasable by their original currency, the Triumphant Emblems.

It's important to note that Ranked scenarios remain the fastest way to acquire these two sets and are also required to get Triumphant Insignias for the ring item piece. This means that Ranked scenarios remain the key for both Ranked gear sets, but the new War Crest currency has created an alternative but longer route.

Now that the ranked set can be purchased by war Crests at a 1:1 cost, let's examine if ranked is really the fastest way to get ranked gear.

Obviously ranked is still required for the ring regardless, but if you have it already, gave up on getting it or didn't want it in the first place, is ranked the fastest for the rest?

Well maybe if you are 1 top player of class or overall top 3, and with weekly ranked vs RvR rewards being equal, we end up with hourly crests gain rates roughly looking like:

Looking at this we can see that you'd have play and win +6 ranked games per hour to match vs best ORvR (and winning city/fort) rates.
At a 50% win rate you'll need about +7 games per hour to beat average ORvR, and same for losing all games you'll need to play +7 games to match one bad hour of ORVR.

Personally I've averaged 4 ranked games per hour and maybe once or twice done 5, could see somebody doing 6 with short games and instant popping queues, but probably more likely to do 2-4 games.
If you think I'm being overly generous to what a good1-6 man ORvR team can earn per hour, feel free to correct me, but so far it seems about right.

Which means for most players, it will be FASTER (or as fast), more chill, maybe more fun, more consistent, more convenient, available any time of day, with no chance of losing MMR, to get ranked gear (except ring) by NOT playing ranked, WHILE getting 100% universal currency instead of only 20% from ranked.

Here's my proposals:

a. Allow one-way 1:1 Triumphant to War Crest conversion. (This will make ranked universal while allowing you to do specific rewards/benefits for ranked)

b. Give 40 Triumphant for wins, 30 for draw, 20 for loss. 2 per kill to every party member. (This with a. will make ranked one of the best ways to progress, but only one par with the current best ways, making it a more attractive to both those who have their ranked sets and those who don't, maybe rewards for losing can be slightly lowered if you are concerned with people joining just to throw for decent rewards)

c. Reduce Triumphant set cost by 50% or increase War Crests cost by 50% or TE down 25% and WC up 25%. (Either way will make ranked more attractive, without having to worry increase gain rates too much if a and b are implemented, and by reducing will put the price closer to invader for those that actually play ranked)

d. Leave as is, most of the ranked set value comes from the ring, whether the rest is about the same doesn't arguably matter much. (The set is quite expensive as is, having two sources to buy with is nice)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Lerris81

Post#65 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:30 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:05 pm Previously on RoR patch notes:
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:33 am III. Ranked SCs & Gear:
In addition to the above, the Triumphant Set and the Victorious Set can now also be bought for War Crests but remain purchasable by their original currency, the Triumphant Emblems.

It's important to note that Ranked scenarios remain the fastest way to acquire these two sets and are also required to get Triumphant Insignias for the ring item piece. This means that Ranked scenarios remain the key for both Ranked gear sets, but the new War Crest currency has created an alternative but longer route.

Now that the ranked set can be purchased by war Crests at a 1:1 cost, let's examine if ranked is really the fastest way to get ranked gear.

Obviously ranked is still required for the ring regardless, but if you have it already, gave up on getting it or didn't want it in the first place, is ranked the fastest for the rest?

Well maybe if you are 1 top player of class or overall top 3, and with weekly ranked vs RvR rewards being equal, we end up with hourly crests gain rates roughly looking like:

Looking at this we can see that you'd have play and win +6 ranked games per hour to match vs best ORvR (and winning city/fort) rates.
At a 50% win rate you'll need about +7 games per hour to beat average ORvR, and same for losing all games you'll need to play +7 games to match one bad hour of ORVR.

Personally I've averaged 4 ranked games per hour and maybe once or twice done 5, could see somebody doing 6 with short games and instant popping queues, but probably more likely to do 2-4 games.
If you think I'm being overly generous to what a good1-6 man ORvR team can earn per hour, feel free to correct me, but so far it seems about right.

Which means for most players, it will be FASTER (or as fast), more chill, maybe more fun, more consistent, more convenient, available any time of day, with no chance of losing MMR, to get ranked gear (except ring) by NOT playing ranked, WHILE getting 100% universal currency instead of only 20% from ranked.

Here's my proposals:

a. Allow one-way 1:1 Triumphant to War Crest conversion. (This will make ranked universal while allowing you to do specific rewards/benefits for ranked)

b. Give 40 Triumphant for wins, 30 for draw, 20 for loss. 2 per kill to every party member. (This with a. will make ranked one of the best ways to progress, but only one par with the current best ways, making it a more attractive to both those who have their ranked sets and those who don't, maybe rewards for losing can be slightly lowered if you are concerned with people joining just to throw for decent rewards)

c. Reduce Triumphant set cost by 50% or increase War Crests cost by 50% or TE down 25% and WC up 25%. (Either way will make ranked more attractive, without having to worry increase gain rates too much if a and b are implemented, and by reducing will put the price closer to invader for those that actually play ranked)

d. Leave as is, most of the ranked set value comes from the ring, whether the rest is about the same doesn't arguably matter much. (The set is quite expensive as is, having two sources to buy with is nice)
What a complete bs. You can do both at the same time, alternately. why should ranked more attractive? why should ranked spend bis gear?
this game is not balanced for a 6 vs 6. we dont have in ranked same lvl or gear.... this is only a fake ranked.

BluIzLucky

Post#66 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:40 pm

Lerris81 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:30 pm ...

What a complete bs. You can do both at the same time, alternately. why should ranked more attractive? why should ranked spend bis gear?
this game is not balanced for a 6 vs 6. we dont have in ranked same lvl or gear.... this is only a fake ranked.
What part is BS?
You can't do both at the same time, either you are in a sc or you are not :lol:

This is not a comment on if ranked should be as is (with BIS etc), just that they seemed to say that it's important that it's still faster to get ranked gear playing ranked and that does not seem to be the case, so they can go with just option c. Or d. if they don't like the rest.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Koryu199X

Post#67 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:33 am

Like this very much with the new currency, would however ask is it possible with regards to the guild coin to have an opposite conversion and you trade 2 genesis crest for a guild coin? As an apothecary I would like a better way to buy master ampoules as I find grinding the PQ uses up all my game time.

oilpourer
Suspended

Post#68 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:14 am

If I'm wearing 4 duelist and 1 devastator shouldn't that unlock the ward?

Ads