Ads

Patch Notes 01/04/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lion1986

Re: Patch Notes 01/04/2022

Post#51 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:21 pm

one smart move can be:
if yopu see a big aao (80% or more) all mass leave that area. with patch notes, the winning side gets no rewards because the war thorn apaty reduce greatly influence, renown and loot .
Big finkin! :D

Ads
Akalukz

Post#52 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:21 am

Sinisterror wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:10 am

24 aoe cap instead of 9 is the biggest of the reasons zerg is impossible to stop and player skill after certain numbers doesnt really matter. When attacks hit max 6-9 people you used to need 2 parties (4 dps) to do dmg as many as 24 people at same time. Now when you only need 1 dps to dmg 24 this is what promotes zerging and brainless aoe spamming becaues there is nothing you can do after enemy has enough numbers.

I feel certain AoE skills should be looked at and the cap brought back down for sure. Especially skills that do CC. AoE KD / Punts / AP Drain etc. Maybe try dropping them to 12 and tune from there. Also they need to fix skills/spells that aren't giving immunity or ignoring immunity from CC, a few of those bugs being fixed would be very helpful.

I don't believe in bring back traditional mez/staggers. Nothing worse than being completely helpless for 9 seconds or whatever.
-= Agony =-

nailinthehead

Post#53 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:40 am

Blobs are there not because of AOE caps but because it’s an easy mode. I play only order so I can be biased but I see most of the time the same destro Zerg scenario based on GTC. 2WBs can painlessly stack 8 choppas in the frontline pulling and killing everything ahead. Then two Maras get to the leftovers with aoe KD and the ball gets to the healers. Order side has no means to counter it other than blob up and try to survive the initial clash by having enough healers in the backline to res ppl in time. And the circle closes.

Sinisterror

Post#54 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:29 am

nailinthehead wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:40 am Blobs are there not because of AOE caps but because it’s an easy mode. I play only order so I can be biased but I see most of the time the same destro Zerg scenario based on GTC. 2WBs can painlessly stack 8 choppas in the frontline pulling and killing everything ahead. Then two Maras get to the leftovers with aoe KD and the ball gets to the healers. Order side has no means to counter it other than blob up and try to survive the initial clash by having enough healers in the backline to res ppl in time. And the circle closes.
"Blobs are there not because of aoe caps but because its easy mode" Lol the POINT OF CAP AOE CAP 9 IS THAT THE BLOB WONT HAVE INSANE AMOUNT OF EFFECT THEY HAVE ATM. Beside's if you have 1wb vs 1wb and 8 slayer vs 8 choppa's it is clear that WB with slayer will win. UNDEFENDABLE ATTACKS EVEN FROM MORALES HITTING 24 PEOPLE AT SAME TIME. THis is also why there is nothing destro can do, tanks will melt so fast because in RoR ignoring morale's for slayers is not enough nope they will ignore guard mechanics as well so wtf are you talking about=)

Why is this not changed already ? Rampage never did or should ignore Morale avoidance's and guard mechanic. Undefendable doesnt exist for Guard mechanic for a reason.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Haojin

Post#55 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:57 am

good job with the killboard, looks very solid.

about triumphant ring with 10k crest change killed solo/group ranked "even" further. gamemode was already moribund and there is absolutely no reason to progress that certain gamemode anymore if you are there for gear. same with fort and city gear; it doesn't logical to get access high-end gear by not playing it. doesn't it sound like a waste after hours of coding/fixing those content at first place? now you can farm rvr/scenarios without proggressing higher tier content and get access everything you want. its like farming normal pq's over and over then getting bloodlord gear.

about scheduled city siege, can we make it more simpler ? every two days; one for eu one for na prime time so more players can experience the gamemode more frequently.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#56 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:45 am

Haojin wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:57 am triumphant ring with 10k crest change killed solo/group ranked "even" further. gamemode was already moribund and there is absolutely no reason to progress that certain gamemode anymore if you are there for gear.
The game mode is attractive to a minority and that minority shouldn't have access to exclusive gear. This custom game mode was implemented to fulfill what an MMO should envelop in general, but it shouldn't take a share of exclusive gear progression in my opinion. There are exclusive rewards already for ranked, no other game mode offers unique mounts for instance.

Ranked is usually a way to flex your experience and not to farm gear. It was never meant to gate uncontested end-game gear in its drafted proposal. If the ranked community plays ranked solely for the gear, then the game mode isn't really needed. But I'm sure they play it mostly for the competitive matches, leaderboard ranking and unique rewards other than the ring.

Haojin wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:57 am about scheduled city siege, can we make it more simpler ? every two days; one for eu one for na prime time so more players can experience the gamemode more frequently.
We've already had loads of feedback taken into consideration and looked into different scenarios. You'll need a constructive post with some clear solutions if you're about to suggest something for scheduled cities. My point is that you're welcomed to suggest/give feedback, but a one-liner to a massive topic that was discussed over weeks won't do at this late stage.

Tesq

Post#57 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:48 am

Akalukz wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:21 am
Sinisterror wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:10 am

24 aoe cap instead of 9 is the biggest of the reasons zerg is impossible to stop and player skill after certain numbers doesnt really matter. When attacks hit max 6-9 people you used to need 2 parties (4 dps) to do dmg as many as 24 people at same time. Now when you only need 1 dps to dmg 24 this is what promotes zerging and brainless aoe spamming becaues there is nothing you can do after enemy has enough numbers.

I feel certain AoE skills should be looked at and the cap brought back down for sure. Especially skills that do CC. AoE KD / Punts / AP Drain etc. Maybe try dropping them to 12 and tune from there. Also they need to fix skills/spells that aren't giving immunity or ignoring immunity from CC, a few of those bugs being fixed would be very helpful.

I don't believe in bring back traditional mez/staggers. Nothing worse than being completely helpless for 9 seconds or whatever.
me neither but an ap cost fix for a stag that is not anymore 9sec would be usefull.....
the point of the old 9cap target was that a solid comp would be able to 8tank soak all dmg if positioned well, with guards this made good comp facilitated in beat zerg, zerg ment nothing you jsut had to keep wipe whats in front of you, pop m4 if surrounded etc.

-aoe cap moved into 24 mean all zerg can hit whole wb not just tank unless wb stay strech longer and so in part out of aoe range but that way the enemy will reach healers easier.
-increase aoe cap also worsened bottleneck push in keep/fort
-still too many dmg flying around, the game revolve still too much about spam channeling and less about dmg concentration something it wasnt in sov meta during live really...
-9aoe cap also allowed wb to kite, kite as wb now days is harder.