Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Emissary
Community Management

Re: Patch Notes 01/04/2022

Post#31 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:35 pm

Everdin wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:37 am
Emissary wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:02 am
devilx2022 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:49 pm lol nice, and whats about healer or supporter they maybe make a kill possible? no dmg means no loot or what? do i miss something here? so we need nomore healer right now?
I'll agree with this. Being a tank or healer in a game that has already pushed a lot of my friends I play with away from the game. I have to run around solo until someone feels sorry for me. So my punting the maurader into the masses or my hold the line or my guard means absolutely zero if I get stuck in a group that isn't balanced with dps. I'm the one tank that does the least damage but supports my group the best.

Is there not a way to calculate protection and heals into these numbers?
Getting a part of the loot for the damage done is at least better for "not balanced" dps groups in the first line. While I see the problem with the loot for healers and tanks (playing both as well), why is this suddenly a problem but wasn't 24h ago (or the years before).

With damage you can create facts, who hit the most get more rewards. Heal and protection depends on the enemy, if they refuse to engange there will be no heal and no damage to protect or heal. How would you balance protection and damage influence for a guarding and shield buffing SM who also do damage? A dps won't have the chance to get same protection values. Would a dps get a lot of protection contribution just because he is running is the meat grinder with detaunt?
Who said it wasnt a problem before? You? Me?

I play a dps AM because of the contribution system, but every time I get in a scenario all the dps cry that I am not healing them, why should I; healing is not rewarded?
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#32 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:56 pm

The new sc is so fun

Morradin

Post#33 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:10 pm

One thing overlooked by all those that love the new AAO rewards. What happens when opposing realm just quits a zone, giving attackers that 400 AAO penalty?

And do not tell me that this will not happen. Plenty of realm leaders on BOTH sides are known for this.

wonshot

Post#34 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:53 pm

Based on the last two LOTD events with this new Anti-zerg debuff.
Do we still think this is the right approach?

Order has been trying to ball several warbands up on the same discord channels, all the more power to them. And been winning in kills for those concentrated spots where this super deathball goes, but destro have managed to backcap and break supply lines to force the deathball to spread out.

I might be Biased here, but isnt that exactly proof that this debuff is not working and its a player issue we are trying to adress with this mechanic debuff.
If the blob is winning in kills whith their death ball still (locally but not everall), but is also loosing the match/objectives. Wouldnt it be time to let go of the debuff approach and just let players spread out the action themselves? or will we see 75% debuff cap next week and same thing happening again.

Fantastic QoL changes, fun scenario, amazing cloak skin! Not sure i like the approach of aao doing the Malus thing (hidden or not hidden) i much rather AAO and underdog play is more appealing instead of punishing the one-realm only players who might happen to be on the momentum realm.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Devonya

Post#35 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:22 pm

So the new drop chances, if I am reading them right, is now allowing the zerging faction to get drops even when the outnumbered faction has 400% AAO? That seems really bad like it is now rewarding zerging because you can get drops from kills. I like the adjustments that give players with AAO more drops, but the faction doing the zerging should still not get drops after like 200% AAO. (Correct me if I am misunderstanding this change please.)

Fenris78

Post#36 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:35 pm

There is definately issue with drop in group for healers ; I was supporting my party the whole time, and for some reason got excluded from some of the rolls, as well as other party members ; I displayed loot rolls, and saw whole party getting a random roll, and for some, only the tank and dps were qualified for that, other party members did not appear anymore, in the rolls, including me.

So again, I dont think the "group roll" is random, crests looks like to be only allocated, by ppercentage chances, to the ones that did damage to enemy. Healers are excluded if they dont damage, and roll with a malus, looks like.

Evilspinnre

Post#37 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:42 pm

wonshot wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:53 pm Fantastic QoL changes, fun scenario, amazing cloak skin! Not sure i like the approach of aao doing the Malus thing (hidden or not hidden) i much rather AAO and underdog play is more appealing instead of punishing the one-realm only players who might happen to be on the momentum realm.
How many times have you X-realmed to Order when they have had major aao/nothing organised in the past few weeks? :)
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

saupreusse
Developer

Post#38 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:24 pm

Morradin wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:10 pm One thing overlooked by all those that love the new AAO rewards. What happens when opposing realm just quits a zone, giving attackers that 400 AAO penalty?

And do not tell me that this will not happen. Plenty of realm leaders on BOTH sides are known for this.
The penalty has been there before, it just wasnt displayed as a debuff iirc.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#39 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:16 am

Emissary wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:35 pm
Who said it wasnt a problem before? You? Me?

I play a dps AM because of the contribution system, but every time I get in a scenario all the dps cry that I am not healing them, why should I; healing is not rewarded?
Why wouldn't you get rewarded for healing? You are in a group.
Dying is no option.

Evilspinnre

Post#40 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:17 am

saupreusse wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:24 pm
Morradin wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:10 pm One thing overlooked by all those that love the new AAO rewards. What happens when opposing realm just quits a zone, giving attackers that 400 AAO penalty?

The penalty has been there before, it just wasnt displayed as a debuff iirc.
Is it meant to be active in forts as well? When there is a set number of capped attackers/defenders.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp