Today we will be opening up our new 6v6 Instanced battle PvE defence scenario. In this scenario you will compete against your opposing realm to defend your base from waves of Skaven.
If a Skaven makes it past your defences your opposing realm will be granted 1 point. You will need to defend all 5 lanes from exponentially increasing amounts of Skaven in each wave. The first team to get 500 points and thereby the opposing realm having conceed 500 Skaven will win the scenario.
This game will be free to all existing Alpha testers of Return of Reckoning.
We are also releasing a Live Event with the release of this new Scenario with some awesome rewards for everyone to enjoy in the main Return of Reckoning game. The Live Event will last until Monday night.
Here is a short gameplay video.
Click here to watch on YouTube
Realm versus Realm
Item drops from players are now randomized according to % damage done to the victim, instead of all of it going to the player that did the top damage. So if another player did 25% of the damage, there's a 25% chance that player gets the loot instead. If you are in a group the loot is rolled on, just like before.
Quest triggers also work just like before, with the group of the top damage contributor getting the quest credit.
Against All Odds
AAO is now calculated using the maximum population in the region in the last 15 minutes for each realm. So if you wipe a large enemy force, it no longer immediately swings and give less renown for the last few kills.
Rewards from objective captures and supplies are now affected by AAO.
Against all Odds now affects loot drop chance. From -100% drop chance when enemy has 400 AAO, to +100% chance when you have 400 AAO.
For crest drops in the old system, it was 75% chance, but if enemy had above 200 AAO you stopped getting any loot drops.
Additionally the AAO malus for the side with more players is now shown as a debuff in the UI called "War-torn Apathy". This malus already existed, but was not visible in the UI.
Graphs with drop rate comparisons:
The task to defend or attack forts has been merged into the task to defend or attack keeps. The tasks to capture BOs and defeat enemies have been increased a bit. So the tasks are now:
- Defend or attack 5 keeps or forts
- Capture 15 Battlefield Objectives
- Defeat 200 enemy players
Note: This change is from next week, current week is unchanged.
The sieges now start at the time it says in the calendar and campaign meter, with the queue time starting 10 minutes before.
Necropolis of Zandri
- Battlefield Objectives owned by Order or Destruction now have guards even if not claimed by a guild. Guilds can still upgrade the guards to better ones.
- You no longer need 6 players to capture an objective.
- When objectives are locked because enemy realm doesn't own any nearby objectives, they are now shown as locked on map.
- The Diminishing Rations debuff now stacks up to 65 stacks.
- The capture radius has been increased from 50ft to 65ft.
- For 10,000 War Crests you can now buy a replica of the Triumphant or Victorious rings with same stats.
- War Crests now have purple rarity to make it easier to set separate auto roll for them and the Expedition Resources.
Unguent (Armor) potions have been updated for Tier 1 to avoid situations where players are receiving extremely high bonus values from the bolster mechanic. Stat potions are not as affected by the bolster mechanic as they get softcapped based on your rank already.
Armor however has a softcap at 75% reduction with no rank or class considerations, and even moderate levels of bolster had this value reaching several tiers above what is reasonable.
Resistance potions have a similar softcap at 40% with no consideration for rank or class, however these are separated into three different resists, of which only one is available at a time, and is therefore not considered problematic.
R15 Armor potions have been shifted to R16 so they're available in T2 at current values.
The Killboard now shows guild leaderboards and guild heraldry.
Recording of scenario scoreboards have started, and we will soon add display of that and grouping of kills that happened in the same instance.
-  Losers are now routed, not the winners
-  Vendors now work with client set to other languages than English
-  Emblem of Nehekharan Assasins can now be equipped
-  The City siege guild quest should work correctly now