Ads

Patch Notes 01/04/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Emissary
Community Management

Re: Patch Notes 01/04/2022

Post#21 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:02 am

devilx2022 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:49 pm lol nice, and whats about healer or supporter they maybe make a kill possible? no dmg means no loot or what? do i miss something here? so we need nomore healer right now?
I'll agree with this. Being a tank or healer in a game that has already pushed a lot of my friends I play with away from the game. I have to run around solo until someone feels sorry for me. So my punting the maurader into the masses or my hold the line or my guard means absolutely zero if I get stuck in a group that isn't balanced with dps. I'm the one tank that does the least damage but supports my group the best.

Is there not a way to calculate protection and heals into these numbers?
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Ads
Everdin

Post#22 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:37 am

Emissary wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:02 am
devilx2022 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:49 pm lol nice, and whats about healer or supporter they maybe make a kill possible? no dmg means no loot or what? do i miss something here? so we need nomore healer right now?
I'll agree with this. Being a tank or healer in a game that has already pushed a lot of my friends I play with away from the game. I have to run around solo until someone feels sorry for me. So my punting the maurader into the masses or my hold the line or my guard means absolutely zero if I get stuck in a group that isn't balanced with dps. I'm the one tank that does the least damage but supports my group the best.

Getting a part of the loot for the damage done is at least better for "not balanced" dps groups in the first line. While I see the problem with the loot for healers and tanks (playing both as well), why is this suddenly a problem but wasn't 24h ago (or the years before).

With damage you can create facts, who hit the most get more rewards. Heal and protection depends on the enemy, if they refuse to engange there will be no heal and no damage to protect or heal. How would you balance protection and damage influence for a guarding and shield buffing SM who also do damage? A dps won't have the chance to get same protection values. Would a dps get a lot of protection contribution just because he is running is the meat grinder with detaunt?
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Farrul

Post#23 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:17 am

havina wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:15 pm Replica of Ranked gem gives Set bonus? when use 2,3, etc pieces?
I mean that's 10k crests, what do you think? ;)

havina

Post#24 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:04 am

Farrul wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:17 am
havina wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:15 pm Replica of Ranked gem gives Set bonus? when use 2,3, etc pieces?
I mean that's 10k crests, what do you think? ;)
I think-yes, but not sure 100%.

BackIn2021OldPlanB

Post#25 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:05 am

Everdin wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:37 am

Getting a part of the loot for the damage done is at least better for "not balanced" dps groups in the first line. While I see the problem with the loot for healers and tanks (playing both as well), why is this suddenly a problem but wasn't 24h ago (or the years before).

With damage you can create facts, who hit the most get more rewards. Heal and protection depends on the enemy, if they refuse to engange there will be no heal and no damage to protect or heal. How would you balance protection and damage influence for a guarding and shield buffing SM who also do damage? A dps won't have the chance to get same protection values. Would a dps get a lot of protection contribution just because he is running is the meat grinder with detaunt?
You are talking absolute nonsense. With damage you can create facts?!? I suggest every (decent) healer/tank stop healing/guarding (plus other mechanics) for a day and we'll see how much damage you'll make. Heck, many of you damagers straight suck at playing this game on a "competitive" level. Healers stop healing you won't create any facts but to prove further how incompetent your play is.
I already have to carry you every freaking scenario with a dps RP, despite you're grouped with tank and healer while i play solo. I carry you every freakin' time in scenario, in rvr, in city... You can't even aim on a jumping opponent without TAB key.
Runmasta, RP RR83, full SOV/WAR/FORT...
START@LVL1: 26.4.2021
RETIREMENT@RR80: 11.7.2021
QUIT@RR83: 3.9.2021

bradbury111

Post#26 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:49 am

Everdin wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:37 am Getting a part of the loot for the damage done is at least better for "not balanced" dps groups in the first line. While I see the problem with the loot for healers and tanks (playing both as well), why is this suddenly a problem but wasn't 24h ago (or the years before).
Because now it's even more obvious than before.

There's something iffy with the contribution system and drop chance. After the release of the new system I did a fort (attacking). Pug warband. Was in the same group with a chosen. I was guarding a choppa, chosen guarding a sorc. After getting in lord room we decided to hold the defenders out and when the roll drop ticked this happened in a span of 6 seconds (the screens were got after we hold and pushed out and proceeded to hit the lord, but the roll happened while holding at the door):

Of all the warband only them got the drop. Let's say I'm a very bad tank and pretend the whole warband was afking, but the healer? He was the only one and for sure he had to heal the sorc and he got nothing.

For destro the golden boy tank by far is the chosen with his auras that can go snb and aims for top contribution both objective and %damage.
Than 2h tanks and at the end of the stick are snb defensive tanks.

Lion1986

Post#27 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:55 am

BackIn2021OldPlanB wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:05 am

You are talking absolute nonsense. With damage you can create facts?!? I suggest every (decent) healer/tank stop healing/guarding (plus other mechanics) for a day and we'll see how much damage you'll make. Heck, many of you damagers straight suck at playing this game on a "competitive" level. Healers stop healing you won't create any facts but to prove further how incompetent your play is.
I already have to carry you every freaking scenario with a dps RP, despite you're grouped with tank and healer while i play solo. I carry you every freakin' time in scenario, in rvr, in city... You can't even aim on a jumping opponent without TAB key.
So new meta will be essentially Staring at each other badly wiothout engage in fight because you make tank and hbealer contribute? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everdin

Post#28 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:30 pm

BackIn2021OldPlanB wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:05 am

I never said heal and protection is not Important, you would maybe have noticed this if you weren't to busy to insult me even if you don't know me (atleast I have no idea who you are, but I'm very sure you never carried me through a scenario, I have a guild who equalizes my incompetece) .

There is a difference in saying dmg is more important and dmg creates facts. You do 50% damage on a target -> fact. You heal a person that do 100% damage on a garget -> ???. Should you get all the loot? 50%? Did the target he killed even damaged the person? Should you be contributed if the enemy who did the damage on your target get killed? Should you be rewarded because you healed no matter if a enemy die?
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Everdin

Post#29 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:35 pm

bradbury111 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:49 am
Everdin wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:37 am Getting a part of the loot for the damage done is at least better for "not balanced" dps groups in the first line. While I see the problem with the loot for healers and tanks (playing both as well), why is this suddenly a problem but wasn't 24h ago (or the years before).
Because now it's even more obvious than before.

There's something iffy with the contribution system and drop chance. After the release of the new system I did a fort (attacking). Pug warband. Was in the same group with a chosen. I was guarding a choppa, chosen guarding a sorc. After getting in lord room we decided to hold the defenders out and when the roll drop ticked this happened in a span of 6 seconds (the screens were got after we hold and pushed out and proceeded to hit the lord, but the roll happened while holding at the door):

Spoiler:
Of all the warband only them got the drop. Let's say I'm a very bad tank and pretend the whole warband was afking, but the healer? He was the only one and for sure he had to heal the sorc and he got nothing.

For destro the golden boy tank by far is the chosen with his auras that can go snb and aims for top contribution both objective and %damage.
Than 2h tanks and at the end of the stick are snb defensive tanks.
If you are in a group, loot is simple rolled between the members. The contribution to a kill, wich is the topic here right now, decides if you (as solo player) or your group if you have one gets a crest, what happens inside the group is random.
#AllClassesMatter

― John Burroughs

zulnam

Post#30 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:11 pm

This team has been kicking it out of the park every week lately, well done!

I have commitments this week, so will probably miss the event cloak. Hope it makes a reappearance; if not it's fine.

Great work with AAO and RvR weekly quest. I hope this helps quell the zerg surfing, but I believe it might still be too lenient. 400% is the tipping point where you get 0 rewards; i believe it should be 200%. But this is just ball park estimates on my part based on experience, we'll have to play and see.

Separating crests and expedition resources, another very nice QoL.

Good job, team!
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG