Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 13/04/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
BluIzLucky

Re: Patch Notes 13/04/2022

Post#11 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:51 am

Very nice changes once again, you guys have been on a roll recently :)

For those curious on the city changes, this is the approximate outcome, compared to last patch and pre-unification:

Compared to when we had Royals, baseline rewards are up 45% and max rewards are now back to previous.
This also means bags are less important now which I think makes for a much better reward distribution, so people can focus more on winning and not stacking contribution.

And I guess here's my obligatory request for next changes :roll:

1. Schedule LotD with same frequency as city, but in between. Right now for casual/low hour players it can be months before you happen to be able join either of these events, this will reduce that.

2. Enable one-way 1:2 (or 1:1) conversion of Golden Scarab to War Crests. This will encourage joining LotD even after completing their Scarab sets and make it more of a fun change of pace like forts/city.

3. Please change Orvr weekly objective from win keep/fort to "reach minimum contribution level"/participate. Right now you can complete it in couple hours by joining zerg, but fail to complete all week if you go against, city+fort+sc+ranked already rewards winners as they should, I think ORvR (+fort outside primetime) incentives should focus more on encouraging showing up.
Last edited by BluIzLucky on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
TiberiusD

Post#12 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:14 am

I am really curious how the official release of Realm Watch will be. I was there when it was the "test phase" and the concept is nice. But really curious who will be the first staff member which will appear and what subjects they will talk about

Brakh

Post#13 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:41 am

Before:
Win: 10 * City Rank
Loss: 4 * City Rank

After:
Win: 20 * (stage + cityRating)
Loss: 5 * (stage + cityRating)
I wonder what makes you to do this change. In my opinion if you want to increase population in the city events, the loosing side shall be rewarded slightly better. Sure, if the philosophy behind is to have this content accessible only for extreme competitive, full coms, sweaty groups then yea maybe increasing only rewards for the winning side is ok. But if you want to drag more casual players I don't think this will work.

Fenris78

Post#14 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:12 pm

Brakh wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:41 am
Before:
Win: 10 * City Rank
Loss: 4 * City Rank

After:
Win: 20 * (stage + cityRating)
Loss: 5 * (stage + cityRating)
I wonder what makes you to do this change. In my opinion if you want to increase population in the city events, the loosing side shall be rewarded slightly better. Sure, if the philosophy behind is to have this content accessible only for extreme competitive, full coms, sweaty groups then yea maybe increasing only rewards for the winning side is ok. But if you want to drag more casual players I don't think this will work.
Exactly. I get the "dont reward for losing" attitude, but with those deltas you only promote and reward the most hardcore players/warbands, and basically lead others to give up because they dont want (or cannot) play with "the best" and will get rolled over ; basically 90% of server pop.

Same for rvr rewards, while they are globally balanced with bags and contribution, whichever side is winning, but most of all for scenarios ; 1 to 6 for loss/win is kinda brutal for a ratio, and can only lead to people stop even trying, outside of weekend warfront rewards.

The things are, most of the time (about 20h/24 everyday looks like), Order sider being utterly dominated by Destru numbers they simply cannot hope any sort of meaningful fight ; rewarding kills and now, shifting balance of rewards in a fundamentally unbalanced gamemode as cities instances will never encourage participation from both factions.

At best, it will only encourage boycotting cities for all people that have better to do than being slaughtered by the meleeblob fiesta.
Same for LotD for that matters, from which rewards wont even offer meaningful alternatives to old and outdated Genesis. So why bother at all, unless you are on the blobbing side ?

You may want to think more about "rewarding honest participation" wich is not equal to "rewarding the lesser effort".

Also, it can be a good incentive to people to switch side more regularly, by greatly reducing les than 4-5 stars cities rewards (for everyone, maybe evening out rewards for win/loss on a 1 star city), and increasing the time needed to get stars ; this way zerging out on same side 24/7 to push cities with less than 4 stars should be penalized (Too much plundering, nothing left to reap.), same as was before the old system when cities occured twice a day.

People actually switched side everyday/week (sometimes in the same day) to push both 5 stars cities, wich was far more healthier for the server than current system, where you can just zerg 24/7 on same realm and still get a 5-stars city in the end every couple of days.

With the new system of scheduled cities, you always got a worthy starred city to attack, wich never penalize the constant one-realming zerg. We need some kind of diminishing returns for constant zerging ; in practice, there is no penalty outside of aao (wich is meaningless when you can just chainlock zones and make hundreds of kills without effort).

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#15 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:43 pm

influence change seems like best thing ever. thank you very much!

Akalukz

Post#16 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:24 pm

Why not change the influence to be War Crests, and resettable every 6 months. It really seems it is a nice system that isn't utilized very well.

For I would say the vast majority of people, the city changes is just not enough to stand around an hour and get stomped 9 out of 10 times. Very similar to Scenarios rewards when pugging
-= Agony =-

Lion1986

Post#17 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:08 pm

when slayer bugabusing bug will be fixed? was pending last month.

BluIzLucky

Post#18 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:39 pm

Akalukz wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:24 pm For I would say the vast majority of people, the city changes is just not enough to stand around an hour and get stomped 9 out of 10 times. Very similar to Scenarios rewards when pugging
At this point if players still refuse to organise for optional content to make better fights for everybody, I really don't see why they should be overly rewarded, losing city is still better or as good as anything else you could be doing.

Fight for your chance of up to 640 crests/hour, seems only fair or just join the guys stomping 9 out of 10 times :lol:
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Akalukz

Post#19 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:45 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:39 pm
Akalukz wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:24 pm For I would say the vast majority of people, the city changes is just not enough to stand around an hour and get stomped 9 out of 10 times. Very similar to Scenarios rewards when pugging
At this point if players still refuse to organise for optional content to make better fights for everybody, I really don't see why they should be overly rewarded, losing city is still better or as good as anything else you could be doing.

Fight for your chance of up to 640 crests/hour, seems only fair or just join the guys stomping 9 out of 10 times :lol:
Agree and Disagree, the queue system is what is broken in both cities and scenarios. Anytime you stack Premade vs Pugs you are creating the issue. Most "pugs" casual whatever you want to call don't do that portion of the game anymore... that's why they are trying to increase the rewards to increase the participation. I am just saying they aren't going far enough for those that are 90% certain they will lose.
-= Agony =-

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#20 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:09 pm

Disturbedst wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:41 pm Are twitch drops enabled for "Realm Watch"?
No they won't be active for this livestream but surely in the future.