Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 18/05/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sofong

Re: Patch Notes 18/05/2022

Post#51 » Wed May 18, 2022 2:50 pm

ap change is great, game much more reasonable, no more 1 shotting rotation with 1 buttom great change
. should also add GCD to those abilities that can bypass GCD. no more 1 shotting ezmode.

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#52 » Wed May 18, 2022 2:58 pm

Grock wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:55 pm
uanaka wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:09 pm Not to beat a dead horse, but GCD changes really do feel bleh. My understanding has always been it was a 1.5s GCD, but the "1.15s GCD" was the input buffer that allowed us to "queue" up the next ability giving us a window between 1.15-1.5s. Now it feels like we have to hit exactly 1.5s to activate the next skill and it feels terribly clunky and rigid.

As always, appreciate the work, but I feel this change missed the mark more than intended unfortunately.
No it wasn't just input buffer, you were able to use skills that often :)
You'd get out of AP really fast doing that, so it was a matter of choice & skill to manage your dps/burst while managing AP

Now you just mash the buttons without thinking about any of that lol

While i dont like it, im kinda curious to see how it will change the meta, so i'd give it a couple of weeks before reverting :)
but think about new and casual players!

aa91837

Post#53 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:03 pm

great balance decision, as always.

but why stop with 1.5 sec gcd? let's try 2 sec
Nobody on the broken noob class

Wam

Post#54 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:05 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:55 am

- Action Point regen should be more consistent when Global Cooldown or casts end. Should be more similar to Mythic servers Action Point handling. Hotfix reverting it for now, better fix in next patch hopefully.

- The 1.5 second Global Cooldowns are now more strictly checked and the server will no longer allow casting abilities slightly before the Global Cooldown ends.

- Several buffs and debuffs that were classified wrongly have been fixed. So what client and server thinks is cleansable or shatterable should now match better.
I think this is a negative change... its going to make many tactics obsolete and the game even more simple minded

Good job you fixed gcd but broke many other things in the process (is it worth?)... meanwhile there is many broken tactics for years, now we have to add these new obsolete ones to the list and only a few viable tactics will be left is this really your intention and goal? people have been playing a certain way for years and now you change entire system and it becomes a more clunky system which creates some of the effects which i mentioned above which creates a lesser gaming experience and will bleed population over time, and ror will lose some of its essence which makes it special.

Less spam better regen, AP pumps will no longer be needed, so that nerfs multiple classes, AP drains no longer a threat so that nerfs multiple classes... Time to kill increased so game becomes more boring

Also heard of some ninja nerfs too which will also have a negative effect on the playerbase

you want to fix and improve things, but i see many intended changes which are one step forward two steps backwards and shoots self in the foot over and over again... I have every class high leveled and geared i don't have a bias but I can see this is bad direction.

Improving skills and tactics which are joke for every class and never used in competitive play over reinventing the wheel would be more pleasing patch notes and compatabity with the playerbase ?

hope it works out but experience says this is broken and reinforces a certain meta which is boring
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Tanski

Post#55 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:10 pm

GCD change really feels bad. Dont even understand the point of implementing it tbh. Make all classes feel worse because people are dying to sorc/bw timestamp?

SM is horrible bugged rn, pretty much unplayable. WOH wont cast, WW only casting in melee range, getting stuck in stances.

Regarding the AP change... why? Will make choppa/slayer stronger, especially slayer, as ap issues are meant to balance them out. Will also make IB useless in wbs as
AP pumping slayers is their main utility.

Recent patches have been great, but this one aint it. Dont think anyone is gonna be upset if you just revert it.
Last edited by Tanski on Wed May 18, 2022 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Whyumadbro

Post#56 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:10 pm

whoever told you devs to go to this change, is not a ally but rather somebody who wants to see the game burn. it broke tghe fun and fast paste aspect of it, in favor for what ?

Boursk

Post#57 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:16 pm

The GCD change is most definetly, WITHOUT a single doubt; the WORST change the dev team has put through so far.

Using abilities feels clunky as **** for all classes now, as I've found out after only an hour of testing.

Revert this before we lose any amount of players we have left, we can't be making major changes like this if we hope to retain any amount of players in this game just because one tenth of our playerbase cannot press 3 buttons in sequence without the use of an addon like Nerfbuttons and are better forum warriors than actual players ingame.
Last edited by Boursk on Wed May 18, 2022 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

Tesq

Post#58 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:21 pm

Haojin wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:57 am implanting major changes like this without any external discussion is just bad management and only going to cause community flak same with the nb removal.

what was the problem with gcd (gameplay-wise) and what we gained apart from messy gameplay which nobody going to like it except one guy who is full of wrong information?
if time your button smash well the cd was some ms faster, on all skill, like 1.25/1.30 instead 1.50.

didnt work on some skill with longer animation,personaly i didnt tough this would end getting fix tought, not something i reported or saw reported, or even know wasn't intentional, live had something like this too when spamming the same skill.
Last edited by Tesq on Wed May 18, 2022 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Brizio

Post#59 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:25 pm

Well, i've always played with such a bad ping that i dont really feel the GCD change that much. But the AP change is massed up. Some attacks on my AM are not using any AP at all. Something is weird.

Jeliel80

Post#60 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:34 pm

So you don't really understand exactly how it worked on live, you don't remember the change from live the team made in RoR, and you're basing the changes on the wrong infos of a player with very little knowledge of actual game mechanics.
Tragicomedy at its best.

RoR kept doing in the years massive changes on gameplay and core mechanics in this manner... then you're surprised on the chasm between devs team and the community.

I thought you wanted to approach your community asking feedback and applying incremental changes?
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 80