Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 18/05/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: Patch Notes 18/05/2022

Post#61 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:37 pm

Brizio wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:25 pm Well, i've always played with such a bad ping that i dont really feel the GCD change that much. But the AP change is massed up. Some attacks on my AM are not using any AP at all. Something is weird.
Maybe because you get a regen tick after casting?
Dying is no option.

Ads
Fenris78

Post#62 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:41 pm

After testing, it feels like we dont have any "grace period" now for casting skill, wich is bad ; until now the small time window allowed control over the skills and made the game more fluid.

Now if we want to cast any skill, we have to time it EXACTLY after the end of gcd, wich is not accounting human reflexes ; if you fail, you have to press the key again and lose precious milliseconds because you realized you skill didnt pop.

The small window could be adjusted, but it absolutely need to be present. Otherwise it's the open door to all semi-cheats like NB was previously, popping skills at the exact time needed.
I dont want a game where people will be advantaged by using automatic tools, while everyone else have to suffer, because they only got human reflexes.

Be aware that a 1.5s gcd will hurt many classes that rely on 1-2s channels + M2 focused mind, like Runepriest/Zealot ; having a 0.25-0.5s of litterally nothing between two casts is a nightmare. It's just a 33% nerf over heal output, in most emergency situations.

Until now, you were rewarded for timing your skills the right way ; you got a small bonus for firing a bit earlier, at the expanse of your AP. Miss it and you had to wait the full gcd, but it allowed more AP to tick.

About AP now : I couldnt test the new system, but be aware that "un-nerfing" AP regen will be bad, as Wam highlighted, it will make many, many tactics and skills useless (AP gains AND AP drains).

The only thing that can be considered is whether or not should natural AP regen still kick while channeling abilities ; some classes greatly suffer from that, like healers, but can somehow rely on tactics/procs to alleviated the issue (RP/Zealot and AM/Sham notably).

I dont know if making healers even more unkillable by AP drain is a good thing anyway. It will also hurt chosens/KotBS and WH/WE if their AP drain is not as effective as now.

Consider adjusting AP drains for each class, before even changing the global way of the system.
Small changes first, then adjust. Not big changes that will most likely shatter the whole balance of the game.

Snowhawk

Post#63 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:56 pm

SH: 1,5 sec GCD with 1Sec plink tactic? ORLY? OMG
:roll:
Last edited by Snowhawk on Wed May 18, 2022 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geezereur

Post#64 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:56 pm

taking a break from this game lol

Earthcake

Post#65 » Wed May 18, 2022 4:12 pm

Before that patch, you could control slayers by draining their AP (almost the only way to control them tbh) and now you cannot.

I haven't played vs good slayers since the patch, but i really wonder how to deal with them.

Garamore

Post#66 » Wed May 18, 2022 4:12 pm

This will just cause people to macro using mouse/keyboard stuff. Big DPS increases from perfectly timing the presses and huge penalty for pressing the key too early as you miss the skill. Most raids and a lot of PVP on ESO were made up of people with macros to perfectly time the GCD. Harder in War as pvp is more conditional but with 0 tolerance and no skill q it will be very attractive for people to macro 3-4 skills in a chain.
Last edited by Garamore on Wed May 18, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Fenris78

Post#67 » Wed May 18, 2022 4:13 pm

Before :
1.15s cast with perfect timing (optional) : 9 casts in 9.55s

After :
1.5s cast with perfect timing (mandatory) : 6 casts in 9s

It's a 33% reduction to all skill outputs, and will only favor both long-casting abilities (equal or more than 1.5s) and those that are off-gcd (stances of mara/SW, Vengeance of Nagarythe, Sudden shift and I must forgot some others).

Aside for making every 1s casting ability suboptimal now (because latency period), what was the intended goal ?
If it was to reduce the TTK, it also increases the TTH, meaning healers will have more trouble healing through massive aoe damage, so situation may at contrary be worsened by this change.

If you want to reduce TTK, start reducing the AoE cap to 12 or 18 and move from here, instead of making healer's life more difficult... :p

Ashoris

Post#68 » Wed May 18, 2022 4:23 pm

Boursk wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:16 pm The GCD change is most definetly, WITHOUT a single doubt; the most IDIOTIC change the dev team has put through so far.
remember 25% guard only for 2h tanks ? :)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Ads
Brizio

Post#69 » Wed May 18, 2022 4:23 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:37 pm
Brizio wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:25 pm Well, i've always played with such a bad ping that i dont really feel the GCD change that much. But the AP change is massed up. Some attacks on my AM are not using any AP at all. Something is weird.
Maybe because you get a regen tick after casting?

You are absolutely right.

I have +6 AP regen per second. I'm getting a AP tick at exact moment skills casts. Not 1 second after it (which would be more reasonable IMO). That means I can spam my 2 second skill Radiant Lance endlessly (without tranquility, ofc).

Earthcake

Post#70 » Wed May 18, 2022 4:47 pm

Also, IB cannot even use basic tank skills and get basic buffs up when casting only 6 skills per 10sec period.

Time constraint for IB was already pretty stupid but now i really don t see why play a snb IB at all...