Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 27/05/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Nebuchadnezzar

Re: Patch Notes 27/05/2022

Post#41 » Sat May 28, 2022 3:21 pm

Even though it wasn't "supposed to", last patch definitely did make a difference in terms of AP regen if you were constantly spamming abilities (ie actually going for a kill). Logging in after the patch it was very noticeable how quickly you were out of AP when just spamming PBAoEs in city (first thing I checked). Somebody else pointed it out on the last patch notes thread, can't remember who, that the most likely case was that over the 0.4 s downtime between the "allowable" GCD and the 1.5 s "enforced" GCD you'd get if you hit abilities too fast you were actually regening AP. It matches the behaviour that I remember observing that you'd occasionally get mystery AP ticks even while using abilities. At 0.4 s of regen per 1.5 s GCD times 25 AP/sec this equals 6.66 AP/sec.

So basically if you hit the new soft cap you get back to what you had before the changeish. If you're running the SC weapon(s) you'll notice little to no difference (now BIS for healers?). If you need to run one of the PvE weapons, your decent choices for gear mixes don't have a bunch of AP/sec on them or you're a lowbie sucks to be you I guess :? At least you get to use 1 more ability before you're out of AP though?

Just wanted to point this quick math out for awareness is all.

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#42 » Sat May 28, 2022 9:38 pm

Lot of juicy stuff here :lol:

PVE
Ward change is big and for someone like me who will do the PvE portion regardless I'm now looking at +5k in crests savings, nice, might even start a new alt cus of this :)

Please consider adding VW set to invader ward, the time to acquire is not different than Bloodlord and is better for main spec.

And add soulstones quests to GB and HV, or change the quest to 4 (end)boss kills from any dungeon, CT especially have people drop out halfway.

AP Changes
Having played a bit with the AP changes on an 80+ alts, I can safely say AP is even less of a concern now than pre-GCD patch.
This is largely because of the 50 extra AP pool, but also the constant AP/sec is better than previous natural AP regen.
I suggest you change it so you either start at lvl 1 with 50 AP bonus and then lose 25 AP at RR65 & RR75 or remove it altogether, most (near)BIS gear will naturally hit AP softcap, so you end up with both a regen and pool advantage.

SC changes
Increase SC base reward to 3 total war crests. Main complaint is getting stomped and SC rewarding essentially nothing.

Add 1 crests for total SC contribution, if you don't have a calculation for this already (e.g. contriubtion calculation for city/fort), I suggest the following: heal+protection+dmg+death blow*1000+objective*10+resses*100.
Hybrids and 2H tanks will often do highest dmg+heal/prot but less often be top in any.

Ranked
Fine changes, don't think it's enough and could be considered another reward nerf.
Now that you can get the ring "without proving your worth" with 10K crests, I suggest increase ring insignia cost to 200, and each solo ranked win now gives 2, draw 1.
Each group ranked win gives 4, draw 2.
To make ranked an attractive option to save 8K crests.

LOTD
Add one-way 1:1 conversions for Golden Scarabs to War Crests.
The jewelry is nice, but niche, so being able to convert one-way will bring War Crests progression to fort levels, which will encourage participation regardless of need for the jewelry.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#43 » Sun May 29, 2022 2:58 am

Any explanation on the rSH changes?

Alubert

Post#44 » Sun May 29, 2022 5:59 am

Great changes. As for fassionhammer, unfortunately I can't my chosen change 1h skins to 1h horsmens pick (weapons from pq or quests)
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Fenris78

Post#45 » Sun May 29, 2022 9:55 am

AP changes are very nice, AP/s items should have been like that from start (or working like HP/s with constant ticks every 4s).

I feel now we got a bit too much for our bucks ; increasing AP pool felt not necessary now that we got, at minima, 150% of AP/s each cast (GCD being now 1.5s) ; wich means with even "standard minimal" engame gear around 5 AP/s, it's a "free 7.5 AP back" per instant skill.

With my endgame runie and "standard" 13 AP/s (wich is now 9.5 AP/s accounting softcap), I can litterally endlessly spam group heal (65 AP per cast, 2.5s cast = 9.5 * 2.5 = 24 AP back while casting, with AP tactic it becomes 24+25 AP back).

I'm not saying it's a "bad thing" to have much more AP regen than before, but I certainly feel the +50 AP increase was not needed at all, now that every class is consuming ~30% less AP per second (1.15 to 1.5s GCD).

The good thing is giving everyone easy access to a confortable and "basic" AP regen, one that is also not gimping some classes in favour of other, i.e. mdps were in an ugly state before that, since they rely on sustained burst = cannot "wait" for AP regen to tick, and it should increase the utility of AP drains without making them OP like before (being naturally AP starved was bad).

The bad thing is now having some classes nearly "AP free", and pretty much impervious to AP drains.
I think in the future, we could use some tweaking about AP costs, to decrease the gap over AP dependencies. Not saying everyone should have their AP costs increased by 30%, but definately some balancing will be needed to restore the nice feelings we had before about AP handling (and AP control over enemies).

Xergon

Post#46 » Sun May 29, 2022 12:54 pm

tvbrowntown wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:58 am Any explanation on the rSH changes?
What RSH changes ?
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Automation

Post#47 » Sun May 29, 2022 3:57 pm

If i have vanq ward unlocked but havent done gb or bb/be yet, can i use bloodlord?
Edit: Seems to work, even tho helmet piece isnt counting somehow to invader ward.
Last edited by Automation on Sun May 29, 2022 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oaliaen

Post#48 » Sun May 29, 2022 4:22 pm

No balance patch ? -_-'

Ads
Panzer80

Post#49 » Sun May 29, 2022 6:14 pm

elykz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:30 pm
Minisynn wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:28 pm Amazing change, and it feels great in game. Thank you for acting so quickly on this and sorry for the sheer amount of crying I did this week about this issue 🤐
Yeah, sure, let's make basic ap regen even more gear and rr dependant, that sure is the way to attract new players !
They already get the dang OP bolster.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

Ramlaen

Post#50 » Sun May 29, 2022 6:56 pm

With the fashionhammer change are DoK/WP supposed to be able to make a shield look like a chalice/book or a chalice/book look like a shield?
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky