Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/06/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
MedV

Re: Patch Notes 23/06/2022

Post#121 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:21 pm

Players can easily reach rr55 before hitting 40 just playing the game for fun.

Hit 40 wear vanq in a couple of days.

Only people who wanted scroll was pugstompers who can’t play in T4. No one needs to be rr 65/70 first hitting 40
The King.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#122 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:44 am

MedV wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:21 pm Players can easily reach rr55 before hitting 40 just playing the game for fun.
You can't, when playing SC and getting 20 times more XP than RP. Not to mention crafting or PvE below 40.
Dying is no option.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#123 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:42 am

Gravord wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:39 pm
ravezaar wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:21 am Is this really 11pages for a Scroll ? omfg ppl
Shows how many was dedicated to twinking and farming newcommers to make sure they wont stay.

And the "you go to t4 and get killed there" is a weak argument. Char can easily be lvl40 rr50 without scroll (or even higher rr). When players hit 40 they can get 3 tiers of gear from dungeons, barely 1 tier away from bis. Conq/vanq/invader level gear from red eye/sentinel/bloodlord. At worst it will take 3-4 days, at best can be done in one day in 3 hours total. That allows to pick only pieces of pvp gear you actually plan on using and retain all war crest for final gear. Playing rvr/sc with players of higher rr maxes out the gains too and allow to catch up extremely quickly to rr70 and beyond.
how the hell do you get bloodlord from fresh r40 in 3 hours total???? TELL ME PLEASE

also how does playing rvr/sc versus higher rr max out your gain, if you lose sc 500-0 and in 1hour of rvr you maybe get 10 kills? pls dont tell me "you need to be in guild/playing with friends/lalala". main argument everyone here was making was that this will make new players experience worse, and you think new players can do bloodlord in 3 hours from scratch and fight against characters who have 50% higher stats. you're just one of those people who we have been reffering to i guess. you know these people who have to kill undergeared players to kill somethign :)

P.S.
Sulorie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:44 am
MedV wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:21 pm Players can easily reach rr55 before hitting 40 just playing the game for fun.
You can't, when playing SC and getting 20 times more XP than RP. Not to mention crafting or PvE below 40.
it's not 20 times, it's more than 30 times. i already provided proof below, but here we go again for people like that gravord guy.

https://imgbb.com/KNR9Qt3

Gravord

Post#124 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:14 am

rejndjer wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:42 am
ravezaar wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:21 am Is this really 11pages for a Scroll ? omfg ppl
Shows how many was dedicated to twinking and farming newcommers to make sure they wont stay.

And the "you go to t4 and get killed there" is a weak argument. Char can easily be lvl40 rr50 without scroll (or even higher rr). When players hit 40 they can get 3 tiers of gear from dungeons, barely 1 tier away from bis. Conq/vanq/invader level gear from red eye/sentinel/bloodlord. At worst it will take 3-4 days, at best can be done in one day in 3 hours total. That allows to pick only pieces of pvp gear you actually plan on using and retain all war crest for final gear. Playing rvr/sc with players of higher rr maxes out the gains too and allow to catch up extremely quickly to rr70 and beyond.
how the hell do you get bloodlord from fresh r40 in 3 hours total???? TELL ME PLEASE

also how does playing rvr/sc versus higher rr max out your gain, if you lose sc 500-0 and in 1hour of rvr you maybe get 10 kills? pls dont tell me "you need to be in guild/playing with friends/lalala". main argument everyone here was making was that this will make new players experience worse, and you think new players can do bloodlord in 3 hours from scratch and fight against characters who have 50% higher stats. you're just one of those people who we have been reffering to i guess. you know these people who have to kill undergeared players to kill somethign :)
Fresh char hitting lvl 40 can easily afford conq/vanq. System allow you to not buy them now and directly go to gunbad, city dungeons and bastion stairs to get solid gear without spending war crest. If you are lucky you can get full sets of these dungeons in one run, 3h total for all of them combined is more than enough.
rejndjer wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:42 am it's more than 30 times. i already provided proof below, but here we go again for people like that gravord guy.

Good, leveling in the game should be fast. Low tiers serve no real purpose.

Earthcake

Post#125 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:35 am

Gravord wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:14 am
3h total for all of them combined is more than enough.
I never used any exp reduction scroll and never had any problem, so I'm not talking about that here.

But 3h FOR A NEW PLAYER to run all 3 dungeons more than enough ??
Already finding a group will take that much time come on...

Evilspinnre

Post#126 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:04 am

Gravord how many toons have you levelled and geared since the new change?
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Phantasm

Post#127 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:07 am

Spoiler:

Fresh char hitting lvl 40 can easily afford conq/vanq. System allow you to not buy them now and directly go to gunbad, city dungeons and bastion stairs to get solid gear without spending war crest. If you are lucky you can get full sets of these dungeons in one run, 3h total for all of them combined is more than enough.
rejndjer wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:42 am it's more than 30 times. i already provided proof below, but here we go again for people like that gravord guy.

Having people with such ignorance who influence somehow devs is real reason RoR got 200 ppl of peak and 800 peak time.
Without fresh players population shrink on every opportunity - NB removal, GCD, CDincreaser changes etc.
Thats not rocket science people have different approach to a game, different goals and spare time investment. Having char 40/55 with merc/anni set and 1000 crests in backpack is BEST CASE scenario, assuming there is no rest exp, no pve at all, literally you create 6man and play 300 scenarios without any lose.

Sulorie

Post#128 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:39 am

Pardon but only one thing can be true.
Either new people are supposed to learn in t4 and rush there (to get farmed by t4 premades) or farming opportunities of t2-3 premades got limited because this is the training ground for new players.
Dying is no option.

Ads
mynban

Post#129 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:42 am

Just saw this change.

New player experience was not ruined in SCs by XP scroll, it was ruined by premades. Anyone claims otherwise is just delusional.

On the other hand scroll enables said new players to reach T4 in 50+ RR, so that they would be *a little bit less* stomped by rr80 people.

Removing scroll while keep allowing premade vs pug stompfest in SCs will only make new player experience much worse.

This gets so much worse when you combine it with warcrest change. New players will never be able to buy PvP gear relevant to their lvl, and they will hit T4 under rr40 with green gear.

Pre warcrest changes, a new player NEVER EVER had any issues with being able to get RR gear AND AS MUCH POTION AS THEY CAN DRINK ON CD. And they used to hit T4 in 55+rr. Now they are just dogfood who will be outleveling any RR gear they can afford BEFORE they can afford it.

Gravord

Post#130 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:09 am

Phantasm wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:07 am
Spoiler:

Having people with such ignorance who influence somehow devs is real reason RoR got 200 ppl of peak and 800 peak time.
Without fresh players population shrink on every opportunity - NB removal, GCD, CDincreaser changes etc.
Thats not rocket science people have different approach to a game, different goals and spare time investment. Having char 40/55 with merc/anni set and 1000 crests in backpack is BEST CASE scenario, assuming there is no rest exp, no pve at all, literally you create 6man and play 300 scenarios without any lose.

And why do you calculate only sc? You want to say char during leveling process never step foot in rvr which have lot better rr to xp gain ratio? Doesnt join open wb during slower sc pops? Never jumps in for near finished siege for free renown tick and crest? Doesnt get any zone bags with crest? Perhaps doing 100% sc spam only aint most efficient way.
Sulorie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:39 am
Pardon but only one thing can be true.
Either new people are supposed to learn in t4 and rush there (to get farmed by t4 premades) or farming opportunities of t2-3 premades got limited because this is the training ground for new players.
Players can learn something in every tier. Artificially prolonging stay in low tiers doesnt serve any purpose benefitting game longevity or player development. Especially when current system places far too many class defining skills and tactics near or only at lvl 40.