Patch Notes 23/06/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
penagos22

Re: Patch Notes 23/06/2022

Post#71 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:56 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:36 pm
jbrutal wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:15 pm
he Instructor's Boon which gives a XP reduction has been removed from the game.

Nowadays this is mostly used by veteran players to stay in T2/T3 a very long time at lvl 35-39 and farm lower level players. Some players might think that is fun for them, but it is detrimental to the game itself.
But they still allow premades to stomp and demoralize new players even at 40rank lol also the point of staying t2-t3 was to maximize renown gains before fighting sov/inv geared players.

1 step foward 2 steps back
The gear and power gap in T4 is scaled based on each player's time investment in the game. I'm not saying that newcomers won't have a tough time fighting fully geared players, but that's to be expected in any game that revolves around gear progression, because that's how its system works: Time investment reaps better gear and thus stronger characters. As a new player, you already expect to go through the gearing journey until you're part of the 'geared' players, this is inevitable.

The power gap in T2/T3 isn't scaled based on time investment, it's simply being used and it's fabricated. It doesn't come at no cost, it costs the fresh player's temper and what they experience in the lower tiers, not expecting to be completely dominated by a set of farmers. It currently favors veterans who want to min-max their toons at the cost of fresh players being constantly farmed in a tier that should treat characters more or less fairly.

We have a set of enhancements coming to deal with these complications. We have plans to review the leveling and gearing process pre-T4 and we're rolling out a survey to understand the main points where a fresh player is concerned the most about. That being said, I believe that upcoming changes will perfectly match with the XP scroll being removed.
but it is that t4 is also dominated by farmers, at least to a certain level and in a few days (4 or 5 days) everyone reaches the same peak of power.
tell me what is worse being farmed for days or for months?
What is better to be farmed and be able to fight or be farmed and not be able to do anything?
What is worse being farmed by a full sov, you having your powerful duelist or being farmed by a ruin and you with the duelist?

I understand, the solution is to go up to 40 naked and be farmed there for months....

and I know what I'm talking about, because when I started playing I made the mistake of hit 40 green, and I wanted to play as wp dps, and I wanted to get the dps set with the sc coins, I had to be farmed for months to get the full oppressor. What's worse, as I wanted to play as a wp dps, I rarely got a group. i was farmed a lot as a green pug.
Last edited by penagos22 on Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ads
facundo7777

Post#72 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:02 pm

penagos22 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:56 pm
GamesBond wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:36 pm
jbrutal wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:15 pm

But they still allow premades to stomp and demoralize new players even at 40rank lol also the point of staying t2-t3 was to maximize renown gains before fighting sov/inv geared players.

1 step foward 2 steps back
The gear and power gap in T4 is scaled based on each player's time investment in the game. I'm not saying that newcomers won't have a tough time fighting fully geared players, but that's to be expected in any game that revolves around gear progression, because that's how its system works: Time investment reaps better gear and thus stronger characters. As a new player, you already expect to go through the gearing journey until you're part of the 'geared' players, this is inevitable.

The power gap in T2/T3 isn't scaled based on time investment, it's simply being used and it's fabricated. It doesn't come at no cost, it costs the fresh player's temper and what they experience in the lower tiers, not expecting to be completely dominated by a set of farmers. It currently favors veterans who want to min-max their toons at the cost of fresh players being constantly farmed in a tier that should treat characters more or less fairly.

We have a set of enhancements coming to deal with these complications. We have plans to review the leveling and gearing process pre-T4 and we're rolling out a survey to understand the main points where a fresh player is concerned the most about. That being said, I believe that upcoming changes will perfectly match with the XP scroll being removed.
but it is that t4 is also dominated by farmers, at least to a certain level and in a few days (4 or 5 days) everyone reaches the same peak of power.
tell me what is worse being farmed for days or for months?
What is better to be farmed and be able to fight or be farmed and not be able to do anything?
What is worse being farmed by a full sov, you having your powerful duelist or being farmed by a ruin and you with the duelist?

I understand, the solution is to go up to 40 naked and be farmed there for months....
thats true

ps.
i know thats not true but it looks like bored sov players need more undergeared ppl to farm xDD

Beefall

Post#73 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:12 pm

Hello everyone !
A lot of people talked about the Instructor's Boon but I thought a very new player opinion might be interesting for you guys, veterans.
I've seen a lot of people speaking about new players and stuff but didn't see any single one talking/testifying (or I didn't see any of them) !

I think I created this account many years ago but I really started to play the game few weeks ago. I came here with some friends and we, time to time, form a little 2-4 man premade and grinding through scenarios. This is very fun, very exciting. We enjoying the game so far despite minor bugs here and there.
Very quickly, we asked questions about how the game works, advices about what to do, how to do etc etc and (thank to you guys, you're very helpful and always ready to help newbies like us) and people told us to use the scroll at a certain level (around 30) to get accustomed to the game/different scenarios (we've been playing Dragon's Bane scenario for the 10th time and we still don't know how it works, hehe) and you know what, if that's the optimal way to play the game, we'll just do. So we did.

We haven't try the T4 experience yet (we're rerolling a little bit too much for that) and tbh, it looks very scary. This server seem to be running for years and jump into the "real game" against so called veterans with machine-guns as rookies with forks doesn't sound very appealing.

From my experience (and from my mates as well) in 2/3 weeks of playing at lvl 16-39, we already met premades that carried hard their side but to be honest, it doesn't happen that often and it doesn't matter that much because you have so many tools at your disposal to just avoid them. I won't list them all but, if you're losing "purely because of them" (which is not always the case) you can just swap to the other realm or do some PvE farming stuff, with your Boon scroll still active or sometimes, they're carrying YOU and you're fairly happy about that. You can also learn from them, understand why this slayer cuts everything while this one is getting one shoted everytime.

I think their presences are needed, at some point.

The famous premades usually don't stay that long (at least in EU prime time) and sometimes, they get beaten because people just stood against them and played better.

That being said, if this sweet scroll is removed, the experience as a new player will be horrible, let me explain :
If you cannot use the scroll (I mean the Instructor's Boon) you have to do scenarios only, no crafting, no farming asides because you'll get experience and that would reduce the amount of RR you would need to be at least decent and somewhat ready for what's next ak a the big boiz with big gear and you will just wait, to jump in a scenario and this can take a while. As a new player, I would prefer to have a scenario 100% filled with experienced premade than no scenario at all. Because even when you're losing, you can still having fun, learning about the game etc etc.

I'm a newbie on Warhammer Online but I've played DAOC a fair bit and there is nothing more frustrating for players (not specially new ones) to face very high RR people as being fairly low. DAOC suffers from the same issue and it didn't end very well. Enough talking about DAOC.

So, as a new player, I beg you to revert this change because (I guess you did) since the server isn't populated as live servers were (at least at the start) you fused the tier 2 and tier 3 to get as much scenarios as possible. Which is great but since it kinda lacks of players, being lvl 16 and facing a lvl 35+ fully geared isn't very pleasant so you have to compensate that by "locking" your experience at a certain point to grind your renown ranks and get ready for T4.

Also, important thing to note is how the actual meta of a game/server works. If you don't play by the meta, you'll get crushed eventually and if new players don't ask questions to experienced players, if they don't adapt to the game, why would you adapt the game towards them, then ? People lose in scenarios, not because of super veteran premade of the dead, but because they lack of teamplay, flame each other etc but I may be wrong, this is just my point of view.

I could write for hours but I think I've done enough, thank to the guy who's gonna read all of this. You rock !

See you in scenarios,
Ndh/Hno

Sulorie

Post#74 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:30 pm

Darks63 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:55 pm Game if the scroll change is staying could you consider either turning off Rested XP or giving the option to turn it off? Cause if you have alot of alts and they get shelved for various reasons you come back to them and just blaze though levels too fast.
Scaling the increased xp rates for sc back to normal would be a thing.

In midtier ppl get beaten by more experienced groups, as gear/rr is no issue.
In t4 the same ppl get beaten by more experienced groups with much better gear/rr.
Even after this patch, the same ppl still get farmed in both brackets- at best there will be different people, who farm them.
It just doesn't fix the issues for new players, it just makes it worse.

We should tackle the things why new players lose fights like no knowledge about addons, lack of key abilities (mostly t1) or no idea where to get gear.
Dying is no option.

Darks63

Post#75 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:35 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:30 pm
Darks63 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:55 pm Game if the scroll change is staying could you consider either turning off Rested XP or giving the option to turn it off? Cause if you have alot of alts and they get shelved for various reasons you come back to them and just blaze though levels too fast.
Scaling the increased xp rates for sc back to normal would be a thing.

In midtier ppl get beaten by more experienced groups, as gear/rr is no issue.
In t4 the same ppl get beaten by more experienced groups with much better gear/rr.
Even after this patch, the same ppl still get farmed in both brackets- at best there will be different people, who farm them.
It just doesn't fix the issues for new players, it just makes it worse.

We should tackle the things why new players lose fights like no knowledge about addons, lack of key abilities (mostly t1) or no idea where to get gear.
Those things would also be good but in the meantime it would be nice for something like rested xp to be optional as well is all im saying.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#76 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:43 pm

Can we look at a different bolster for the White Lion as every time we come in or out of the lakes we lose the lion for 30 esc? Thank you for the bolster change
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#77 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:45 pm

Emissary wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:43 pm Can we look at a different bolster for the White Lion as every time we come in or out of the lakes we lose the lion for 30 esc? Thank you for the bolster change
Hey, may I please ask you to report the bug properly on GitHub so I could push it internally?

Phantasm

Post#78 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:48 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:36 pm ...we have a set of enhancements coming to deal with these complications. We have plans to review the leveling and gearing process pre-T4 and we're rolling out a survey to understand the main points where a fresh player is concerned the most about. That being said, I believe that upcoming changes will perfectly match with the XP scroll being removed.
Why you (team) didnt start with that statement? Why we always have to get scrap of info in a form of lacking explaination patch note, create and debate on countless pages on forum, and eventually find out there is indeed some design you got in mind. Save us irritation, grow a trust for what you actually plan to do and communicate. Isnt it complicated?

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#79 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:57 pm

Phantasm wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:48 pm
GamesBond wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:36 pm ...we have a set of enhancements coming to deal with these complications. We have plans to review the leveling and gearing process pre-T4 and we're rolling out a survey to understand the main points where a fresh player is concerned the most about. That being said, I believe that upcoming changes will perfectly match with the XP scroll being removed.
Why you (team) didnt start with that statement? Why we always have to get scrap of info in a form of lacking explaination patch note, create and debate on countless pages on forum, and eventually find out there is indeed some design you got in mind. Save us irritation, grow a trust for what you actually plan to do and communicate. Isnt it complicated?
Because the changes aren't carved in stone. I cannot confirm yet if they will be done, they're just plans and guidelines for the development team to follow in order to offer a better new player experience. Besides that these may be done in a month or in 6 months.

The forum is here for you to ask questions, we don't have a problem answering questions multiple times but we cannot know who needs what whilst writing the patch notes. As you can see there was an explanation, but you want more, other readers may not see the need and are satisfied. What I'm saying is that we cannot know what all of you want to read before that you ask for it.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#80 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:02 pm

Bavradai wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:11 pm Thank you for the updates and hotfixes

Do we know when Black Orc big slash is going to be fixed? It's becoming absolute hell to make keep and fort pushes when we have no aoe punt, on top of this we're shedding Black Orcs at an alarming rate.

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/20138
We've placed it as a high priority, thanks for the highlight.