Patch Notes 23/06/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Akalukz

Re: Patch Notes 23/06/2022

Post#41 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:44 pm

Everdin wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:18 pm

Spoiler:
And this is the point you don't understand, removing the anti exp roll is not helping new players, most of them will not max out renown at the beginning and hit r40 with to low gear and renown and there it is not a made-up gear gap from some frustrated people like in mid tier, in t4 gear gap is a real issue. If there are really some premade groups just to steamroll low people they will just start another grp after they are done.
I think we are saying the same thing, just not very well by me. I agree that if they are removing the Anti-EXP rolls that the Game Devs and Game Masters or whoever needs to be sure that the majority of players entering T4 at LVL 40 are equipped in Vanquisher level Equipment with good talismans. Right now talismans on order are ridiculously expensive, not sure for destro. The quest rewards for a lot of talismans and like +3 or +4. Revamp some of these quests and hand out useful rewards besides 30 silver or 1g or whatever. Hand out a +17 talisman on a repeatable quest that is BoP. Hand out genesis fragments for keep defenses or keep takes. Be inventive and "want" your player base to be competitive. It often seems like the devs want to keep the haves and have nots a real issue.
Last edited by Akalukz on Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-= Agony =-

Ads
Everdin

Post#42 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:47 pm

Mergrim wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:35 pm ...

PvE is something most people are willing to do? are you joking? There is still a lot 80+rr ppl that don't have bis weapon, due they dont play pve. This is in 99% pvp game and most of us play it to fight vs other players.
System was very good on live server.
Bis weapon scenario/Lotd(for some classes)
Bis set RvR

Here?...you recieve war crest 5time faster playing rvr than scenario. Best mount in game only for big guilds. Play pve if you want bis weapon.
Atleast, if I want to go c/t, bb/be or bs this evening I'm pretty sure i will find people, what about ranked?
Maybe you dont wanna play ranked, at least sometimes there was a good fight. Mostly low quality ppl left in game now, you make 3 man and you destroy every scenario. RvR is just order zerg those days.
I fully concur with the first part, I had great matches in grouped ranked, but solo ranked is pure toxicity from a few wannabes that can't stand loosing.

Regarding the last part... Destro still leading this years zerg award by 4:2 Month (maybe 3,5:2,5)
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Phantasm

Post#43 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:47 pm

Spoiler:
Akalukz wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:44 pm
Everdin wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:06 pm
Akalukz wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:44 pm

I think we are saying the same thing, just not very well by me. I agree that if they are removing the Anti-EXP rolls that the Game Devs and Game Masters or whoever needs to be sure that the majority of players entering T4 at LVL 40 are equipped in Vanquisher level Equipment with good talismans. Right now talismans on order are ridiculously expensive, not sure for destro. The quest rewards for a lot of talismans and like +3 or +4. Revamp some of these quests and hand out useful rewards besides 30 silver or 1g or whatever. Hand out a +17 talisman on a repeatable quest that is BoP. Hand out genesis fragments for keep defenses or keep takes. Be inventive and "want" your player base to be competitive. It often seems like the devs want to keep the haves and have nots a real issue.
Time to learn quote and spoiler feature.

Cyrinael

Post#44 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:50 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:42 pm There is just no valid reason to remove it, as we all know how it was without scroll, it's not like we try something new here.
Mid tier population will shrink, more players in t4, less activity in t2-3. More incentives to just grind your way to 40. New players facing true gear gaps in t4, while bolster basically removes any gear gaps in t2-3.
Much more premades in t4, so new players have even less time to learn, if they want to.
No significant rr advantage of higher RR player in t2-3 SC unlike t4, due to cap at rank. All this is lost.

The core problems, that new players know hardly anything about UI add-ons and core mechanics isn't solved.

This was discussed internally?
I think I have never seen Sulorie disagree with the Dev-Team this much.

Phantasm

Post#45 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:02 pm

Cyrinael wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:50 pm
Spoiler:
Sulorie wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:42 pm There is just no valid reason to remove it, as we all know how it was without scroll, it's not like we try something new here.
Mid tier population will shrink, more players in t4, less activity in t2-3. More incentives to just grind your way to 40. New players facing true gear gaps in t4, while bolster basically removes any gear gaps in t2-3.
Much more premades in t4, so new players have even less time to learn, if they want to.
No significant rr advantage of higher RR player in t2-3 SC unlike t4, due to cap at rank. All this is lost.

The core problems, that new players know hardly anything about UI add-ons and core mechanics isn't solved.

This was discussed internally?
I think I have never seen Sulorie disagree with the Dev-Team this much.

Same, I SSed that post for future generations. Hell frozen.

licenje

Post#46 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:06 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:19 pm Addressing the points above - remember that although the XP reduction item was removed - to tackle the demoralising experience for players outside of the premade, if we find that the item was predominantly used for RR gain (after severe live testing of resulting RR at 40) then there are always options to tweak rates should that be a major concern.

The removal of the item here was to support players within those brackets by limiting the demoralising experience of being farmed by discord premades, regardless of their intentions being either to smash new / returning players, or simply prepare for T4.
As was told on this forum like milion times by people in charge "this is not solo game and we dont balance game to solo experience" i dont get where this change is coming from. When ppl ask for premades to fight only premades, and solo ppl to fight only solo ppl they where told group up this is not solo game... problem is that new players dont wona spend end game curency for lvl 35 set or lvl 35 weapon and veteran player will spend no problem. We got way to many lvl 40 in lvl 20 gear and lvl 8 rings as it is...

If you realy wona fix this give ppl quests for lvl 20-35 sets (like win 5 scenaro and you get set piece, kill 20 players in rvr and you get set piece) so they dont have to spend end game curency for set that they will use for 1h... this change will only damage t2-3 nothing more...

kirraha

Post#47 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:13 pm

No fix on Bo aoe kb, thats sad.

penagos22

Post#48 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:20 pm

licenje wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:06 pm
Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:19 pm Addressing the points above - remember that although the XP reduction item was removed - to tackle the demoralising experience for players outside of the premade, if we find that the item was predominantly used for RR gain (after severe live testing of resulting RR at 40) then there are always options to tweak rates should that be a major concern.

The removal of the item here was to support players within those brackets by limiting the demoralising experience of being farmed by discord premades, regardless of their intentions being either to smash new / returning players, or simply prepare for T4.
As was told on this forum like milion times by people in charge "this is not solo game and we dont balance game to solo experience" i dont get where this change is coming from. When ppl ask for premades to fight only premades, and solo ppl to fight only solo ppl they where told group up this is not solo game... problem is that new players dont wona spend end game curency for lvl 35 set or lvl 35 weapon and veteran player will spend no problem. We got way to many lvl 40 in lvl 20 gear and lvl 8 rings as it is...

If you realy wona fix this give ppl quests for lvl 20-35 sets (like win 5 scenaro and you get set piece, kill 20 players in rvr and you get set piece) so they dont have to spend end game curency for set that they will use for 1h... this change will only damage t2-3 nothing more...
this guy dude, you know what is a ward unlock?

invalid point, next please...

Ads
licenje

Post#49 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:27 pm

penagos22 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:20 pm

you can get wards with pve now... all till invader gear my wl is vanq with 4k crests waiting for bloodlord/invader ward from bs...

penagos22

Post#50 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:35 pm

licenje wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:27 pm
penagos22 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:20 pm

you can get wards with pve now... all till invader gear my wl is vanq with 4k crests waiting for bloodlord/invader ward from bs...
next...