Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/06/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
joroth

Re: Patch Notes 23/06/2022

Post#81 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:48 pm

As someone who has personally brought people to the game and they've quit due to having to play twinked out premades. I love this change. It's not a surprise to anyone that the new player exprerience is rough. It doesnt help if some lvl 16 is just getting 3 shot.

Think the ultimate compromise is if people using an exp scroll could only play with other players using it.

Overall love every change in this patch keep up the good work!

Ads
vanbuinen77

Post#82 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:55 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:02 pm
Bavradai wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:11 pm Thank you for the updates and hotfixes

Do we know when Black Orc big slash is going to be fixed? It's becoming absolute hell to make keep and fort pushes when we have no aoe punt, on top of this we're shedding Black Orcs at an alarming rate.

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/20138
We've placed it as a high priority, thanks for the highlight.
Whats the status on magus pets not working in thunder mountain that has been posted on github for over a year and a half?
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Kaelang

Post#83 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:34 am

vanbuinen77 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:55 pm
GamesBond wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:02 pm
Bavradai wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:11 pm Thank you for the updates and hotfixes

Do we know when Black Orc big slash is going to be fixed? It's becoming absolute hell to make keep and fort pushes when we have no aoe punt, on top of this we're shedding Black Orcs at an alarming rate.

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/20138
We've placed it as a high priority, thanks for the highlight.
Whats the status on magus pets not working in thunder mountain that has been posted on github for over a year and a half?
Prefacing future comments requesting high priority updates. So here's some further explanation as to why we have High Prioritised this issue.

The issue impacted the Swordmaster and Black Orc in the same patch - for one reason or another, the Swordmaster was fixed but the Black Orc remains broken. This is the reason we have chosen to escalate this issue at this time. Although we would like to get around to every ability report on the BT (and I'm sure at some point we might have the capabilities to do so easier), sometimes we have to choose carefully what to escalate and the reasons behind it.

Hopefully this clears up the reasoning behind our escalation in this instance.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Morradin

Post#84 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:51 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:19 am The Instructor's Boon which gives a XP reduction has been removed from the game.
Except now it forces players to hit 40 at very low renown rank. Especially people who do not play often and accrue rest XP bonus. Add to that those people leveling up butchering or salvaging and you hit 40 with at most RR52 or so. This is very bad.

Doing sc's with anything less than a vanq / invader mix is pointless. All this change does is throw people in conq against people in full sov sets. And of course Renown Points trained will also be lower making the new players easier targets for assist trains to kill in 2 GCD.

Possible ways to fix this
1- Cut XP gain from pve mobs by 75% to 50%
2- Delete Rested XP bonus from game completely

Best way to fix? Bring back the scrolls.

Detangler

Post#85 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:07 am

Akalukz wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:44 pm
Everdin wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:18 pm

Spoiler:
And this is the point you don't understand, removing the anti exp roll is not helping new players, most of them will not max out renown at the beginning and hit r40 with to low gear and renown and there it is not a made-up gear gap from some frustrated people like in mid tier, in t4 gear gap is a real issue. If there are really some premade groups just to steamroll low people they will just start another grp after they are done.
Right now talismans on order are ridiculously expensive, not sure for destro.
+19s and up are much harder to make since they made the currency change to Warcrests. There are workarounds if you PQ farm enough, but that takes time away from PvP. Low level blues are ridiculously easy to make in vast quantities for cheap.

Honestly, I should make a guide on how to make blue talismans for cheap so Order players can have easy stat boosts in low levels. I've been making a small fortune only occasionally dropping batches of low level blues and purples on the auction house on destro side.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Detangler

Post#86 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:32 am

Emissary wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:25 pm
Belanoite wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:17 pm There is no reason anymore for having low level characters in this game. There is no "new players" here. All chars should start on 40 already and gears actualized for builds instead level.
I would be for this. If you rank a character to 80 or higher you should just be able to get a rank 40 rr 40 any character from then on. No reason for the leveling anymore for a lot of us. Though make it hard at first as you have you get one rr80 at least
This exact thing for Dark Age of Camelot was introduced, and it absolutely killed the new player experience for characters below rank 20 in that game. Absolute dead zone that left new players no one to play with for hours on end. Empty dungeons that used to be teeming with content and adventure. Made it the worst new player experience possible and helped kill the game faster than it should have.

(That and Trials of Atlantis did a real number on that game)

1000% do not implement this.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Earthcake

Post#87 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:05 am

I NEVER used any exp reduction scroll, ever, have several sov characters and never had any problems...

And IF i'm getting farmed it's usually because the premade(s) on the other realm is playing much better than us.

If you are in a 2-2-2 setup, there's no reason to get dumped on by "premades", just play better and beat them.

facundo7777

Post#88 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:56 am

joroth wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:48 pm As someone who has personally brought people to the game and they've quit due to having to play twinked out premades. I love this change. It's not a surprise to anyone that the new player exprerience is rough. It doesnt help if some lvl 16 is just getting 3 shot.

Think the ultimate compromise is if people using an exp scroll could only play with other players using it.

Overall love every change in this patch keep up the good work!
Thats not work like that...

1) 16 lvl from Yours example still will be one shooted by premade. Shorter by one group but it will be replaced by another.

2) This 16 lvl if somehow reach 40 will be farmed even harder by sov premades because wont be able to achieve good renown rank as fresh 40.

3) number of new players is not enough te keep mid tier activity. With veterans we have already problems with queues etc. If they leave mid tiers it will be completely dead.

THE ONLY SOLUTION IS TO SEPARATE PREMADES AND SOLO/DUO QUEUE IN ALL TIERS,
ESPECIALLY IN EVENT SCENARIOS

Ads
Rubius
Developer

Post#89 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:16 am

Lot of good changes (bolster fix, finally!) here and I think it's great the team is working to keep improving the new player experience, which is key for the server health long-term.

On the topic of XP Scrolls, I feel like this is another area where the community would have benefited from a heads-up that this was coming, much like when GCD changes happened. Saw a number of people noting they spent lots of gold on scrolls and now lost them without a refund, and likewise had no chance to use them because there was no indication this was on the way. A week or even just a few days heads-up would help with this going forward.

We can look at premades stomping in T2/3 and say "This is bullying and drives people away", but removing the scrolls isn't going to stop this - as many noted, it will just mean those who win hit 40 more quickly, and then get farmed themselves by the Sovereign RR80+ players they now have to fight while being ~RR45 and wearing conqueror/redeye gear. We're shifting the frustration down the road a bit, but the problem of the gap remains.

We know some players already enjoy constantly recreating Tier 1 characters, and I think the lack of scrolls just means we'll start to see this more often in T2/3 going forward. If the issue is premades, making them level up faster doesn't stop them farming - they can just as easily keep making new characters and farming more premades over and over.

While I don't feel XP scroll removal was a bullseye and causes a lot of negative effects for those prepping chars for Vanq/Sov, I'm willing to give it a shake if we truly think new players will benefit. :)

Magusar

Post#90 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:20 am

if it just gearing issue, any busts for renown+xp+crests t2-t3 sc,which help new characters come to t4 with conq or vanq or near that gear lvl, would be great. Especially if it is tied to statistics like "dps with hight contrubtion for kill", "Good Protection and healing"-good playing=more reward=faster progression for character.

But still, that this will solve the problem is not worth it, a new player is a much rarer phenomenon than it should be:
1. Ppl dont know about this game.
2. Its old game with no variety of activities, exept pvp.
Drukar Netherlord
SL 87
WH 87
Marauder 84
Sorc 83
Eng 82
WL 82
Chop 81