Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/06/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Strakar

Re: Patch Notes 23/06/2022

Post#61 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:21 pm

So I've been using the xp scrolls not to farm t2 but avoid getting farmed as a fresh 40 in t4.

All my characters have entered t4 at 5x rr, my sorc most recent and I remember getting wrecked in each one. I'd like to see maybe the rested xp go away. Although I agree with the spirit of the change, I think new players don't realize in the long run rushing through levels is going to hurt in t4 and miss one of the best parts of the game.

Ads
Emissary
Community Management

Post#62 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:25 pm

Belanoite wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:17 pm There is no reason anymore for having low level characters in this game. There is no "new players" here. All chars should start on 40 already and gears actualized for builds instead level.
I would be for this. If you rank a character to 80 or higher you should just be able to get a rank 40 rr 40 any character from then on. No reason for the leveling anymore for a lot of us. Though make it hard at first as you have you get one rr80 at least
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Akalukz

Post#63 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:26 pm

Phantasm wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:47 pm
Spoiler:
Akalukz wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:44 pm
Everdin wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:06 pm
Time to learn quote and spoiler feature.
Great feedback!
-= Agony =-

Gargis

Post#64 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:55 pm

So instead of facing a small stat and renown distribution gap pre level 40, you are telling us that massive stat and renown gap at level 40 is preferable.

Please explain that logic.

Unless you are planning on adding massive renown gain sub level 40, the overall gear set acquisition in pve will still be less desirable.

Am I missing something, perhaps you can elaborate.

Tapczan

Post#65 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:01 pm

After this patch i lose my War Crests from my Main Character last playing on 22/06/23 10-12 am after log out im comming to home 20+ log on character and lose something like 780 war crests wtf only dont lose 4 bags from mailbox anyway this patch STEAL MY SOV GLOVES

Admin and Devs u can check it easly u have logs bring my crests back
Last edited by Tapczan on Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbrutal

Post#66 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:15 pm

he Instructor's Boon which gives a XP reduction has been removed from the game.

Nowadays this is mostly used by veteran players to stay in T2/T3 a very long time at lvl 35-39 and farm lower level players. Some players might think that is fun for them, but it is detrimental to the game itself.
But they still allow premades to stomp and demoralize new players even at 40rank lol also the point of staying t2-t3 was to maximize renown gains before fighting sov/inv geared players.

1 step foward 2 steps back

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#67 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:36 pm

jbrutal wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:15 pm

Nowadays this is mostly used by veteran players to stay in T2/T3 a very long time at lvl 35-39 and farm lower level players. Some players might think that is fun for them, but it is detrimental to the game itself.
But they still allow premades to stomp and demoralize new players even at 40rank lol also the point of staying t2-t3 was to maximize renown gains before fighting sov/inv geared players.

The gear and power gap in T4 is scaled based on each player's time investment in the game. I'm not saying that newcomers won't have a tough time fighting fully geared players, but that's to be expected in any game that revolves around gear progression, because that's how its system works: Time investment reaps better gear and thus stronger characters. As a new player, you already expect to go through the gearing journey until you're part of the 'geared' players, this is inevitable.

The power gap in T2/T3 isn't scaled based on time investment, it's simply being used and it's fabricated. It doesn't come at no cost, it costs the fresh player's temper and what they experience in the lower tiers, not expecting to be completely dominated by a set of farmers. It currently favors veterans who want to min-max their toons at the cost of fresh players being constantly farmed in a tier that should treat characters more or less fairly.

We have a set of enhancements coming to deal with these complications. We have plans to review the leveling and gearing process pre-T4 and we're rolling out a survey to understand the main points where a fresh player is concerned the most about. That being said, I believe that upcoming changes will perfectly match with the XP scroll being removed.

facundo7777

Post#68 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:43 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:36 pm

The gear and power gap in T4 is scaled based on each player's time investment in the game. I'm not saying that newcomers won't have a tough time fighting fully geared players, but that's to be expected in any MMORPG because that's how its system works. You already expect to go through a gearing journey until you're part of the 'geared' players, this is inevitable.
but in most of mmos we have some catch up mechanism, regular new patches with gear to progress etc. so its not so obvious to compare very old gearing model with other mmos

and full premades cannot farm pugs in some kind of scenarios/battlegrounds etc

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#69 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:50 pm

facundo7777 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:43 pm

The gear and power gap in T4 is scaled based on each player's time investment in the game. I'm not saying that newcomers won't have a tough time fighting fully geared players, but that's to be expected in any MMORPG because that's how its system works. You already expect to go through a gearing journey until you're part of the 'geared' players, this is inevitable.
but in most of mmos we have some catch up mechanism, regular new patches with gear to progress etc. so its not so obvious to compare very old gearing model with other mmos

Catch up mechanism is usually paid for. We don't have one here, but possible enhancement to low tier rewards could diminish the gap you're worried about. We also do not have frequent new gear releases here, but if we did, you should consider that the current Sov players (who've been Sov for over 2 years) would have increased the gear gap even more - since it affects both sides. You don't expect Sov players to not progress while others catch up to them.

Premades cannot farm pugs regularly because you have a much larger pool of players. Whereas here, in T2, you will definitely be farmed until the moment these T2/T3 campers call it a day or hit lvl 40.

Darks63

Post#70 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:55 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:50 pm
facundo7777 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:43 pm

Catch up mechanism is usually paid for. We don't have one here, but possible enhancement to low tier rewards could diminish the gap you're worried about. We also do not have frequent new gear releases here, but if we did, you should consider that the current Sov players (who've been Sov for over 2 years) would have increased the gear gap even more - since it affects both sides. You don't expect Sov players to not progress while others catch up to them.

Premades cannot farm pugs regularly because you have a much larger pool of players. Whereas here, in T2, you will definitely be farmed until the moment these T2/T3 campers call it a day or hit lvl 40.
Game if the scroll change is staying could you consider either turning off Rested XP or giving the option to turn it off? Cause if you have alot of alts and they get shelved for various reasons you come back to them and just blaze though levels too fast.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.