Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Duukar

Re: Patch Notes 30/11/2022

Post#21 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:15 pm

dalen wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:32 pm
b00n wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:41 pm
reyaloran wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:44 pm

So what happens if the contribution is 0 for everyone on one side? For example if we on NA destro try to go to fort and get the usual 100 v 6-20 will there be anything given out or will it be as current where its pointless for us to show up.
if i observed it correctly even losing is giving contribution (The Addon from idrinth says a value of 5 for a death)
Well, that is not how contribution works.

But it is unlikely that you end up with zero contribution unless you just walk into the zone and do literally nothing.
Ok,thank you for the answer and hard work, but in pacific NA timezone it is VERY common to see Forts with 100 order Vs. 6-20 Destro.

With those kind of numbers you barely even get to swing a sword or even cast a spell before you are clicking respawn. In SCs this type of "performance" has been HARSHLY punished. Sometimes JUST BEING there should spawn a reward. Yes, its THAT bad in NA pacific prime time.

Ads
Emissary
Community Management

Post#22 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:44 pm

Duukar wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:15 pm
dalen wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:32 pm
b00n wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:41 pm
if i observed it correctly even losing is giving contribution (The Addon from idrinth says a value of 5 for a death)
Well, that is not how contribution works.

But it is unlikely that you end up with zero contribution unless you just walk into the zone and do literally nothing.
Ok,thank you for the answer and hard work, but in pacific NA timezone it is VERY common to see Forts with 100 order Vs. 6-20 Destro.

With those kind of numbers you barely even get to swing a sword or even cast a spell before you are clicking respawn. In SCs this type of "performance" has been HARSHLY punished. Sometimes JUST BEING there should spawn a reward. Yes, its THAT bad in NA pacific prime time.
I always find it strange that their are even numbers in zone before the fort and then no destro show up to defend. Maybe this will help those numbers from coming over to order side and sticking to destro side.

I have suggested emphatically that we get more of a carrot on NA timeslots to get our timezone a little more people to join. I can not tell you how many people join from NA because they get to play on EU time for a week and see the renown flow and crest action. They come to NA timeslot and it takes them 4 hours to get the same renown our EU buddies get in an hour or less due to the nature of more killing and population. I would like to see a renown/crest increase proportionally to how low the server population is. (ie) the server has the magic number of 500 (example) as 0% increased renown/crest increase and as the number goes down by 25 it gets raised by a 5% increase, 10% increase, and so on.

Dalen,

Last night I tested out sequencer and it worked the entire evening save for one of the keep segies when I was on the lord and my sequencer locked up on my 30 sec Perseverance ability and would not switch to my Sun's Blessing. I really believe that the timer box if you select 5 seconds like I do does not work as Sequencer has never restarted the sequence if I put a # in the box. It would help that way if an ability gets bugged it would just go back through the sequence and you would not have to wait a full 30 sec to use the next ability.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#23 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:33 pm

Emissary wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:44 pm I always find it strange that there are even numbers in zone before the fort and then no destro show up to defend. Maybe this will help those numbers from coming over to order side and sticking to destro side.
What you are seeing is the reservations sent. Once it starts you see the real numbers. Destro doesn't even bother with fort cause they tend to be barraged with slayers slamming rampage in choke points.

Why bother?

Emissary
Community Management

Post#24 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:57 pm

tvbrowntown wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:33 pm
Emissary wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:44 pm I always find it strange that there are even numbers in zone before the fort and then no destro show up to defend. Maybe this will help those numbers from coming over to order side and sticking to destro side.
What you are seeing is the reservations sent. Once it starts you see the real numbers. Destro doesn't even bother with fort cause they tend to be barraged with slayers slamming rampage in choke points.

Why bother?
I know what it is, I mean it literally means how many people got a reservation and decided not to fight. I like how people say that "oh my goodness, nerf rampage" and our entire wb has 2 slayers in it. "We couldn't get in because of the two slayers, all our tanks forgot how to severe, challenge and taunt" ... If only the slayers would be nerfed then all the world would be different heaven help the tanks that don't know how to severe an enchantment

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Aethilmar

Post#25 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:40 am

Well I showed up to a Stage 3 of Shining Way fort loss tonight with 90 destro/50 order population. I entered the zone, got exactly one kill plus some random challenges and other damage. I was able to get a bag roll (didn't win) and 4 crests.

That is a pretty low bar for folks to hit for any rewards. Shouldn't be any complaints about defending for nothing now.

Phantasm

Post#26 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:22 am

Emissary wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:57 pm ...all our tanks forgot how to severe, challenge and taunt" ... If only the slayers would be nerfed then all the world would be different heaven help the tanks that don't know how to severe an enchantment
Severe Blessing removes... blessings, no enchantment. You mean Shatter, challenge is gone in 3 hits if rampage is active, also no def proces, more guard dmg, etc. Which makes tanks gimped. So again, why bother if there is no organised defence.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#27 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:38 am

Phantasm wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:22 am
Emissary wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:57 pm ...all our tanks forgot how to severe, challenge and taunt" ... If only the slayers would be nerfed then all the world would be different heaven help the tanks that don't know how to severe an enchantment
Severe Blessing removes... blessings, no enchantment. You mean Shatter, challenge is gone in 3 hits if rampage is active, also no def proces, more guard dmg, etc. Which makes tanks gimped. So again, why bother if there is no organised defence.
Sorry you are right, thank you I meant shatter; of course you knew that. Sorry that one class destroys all your hopes and dreams so much imagine what its like for order when a slayer isn't around, we just don't know what to do.

viewtopic.php?t=20831

Watch me on Twitch!!!

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#28 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:14 am

Aethilmar wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:40 am Well I showed up to a Stage 3 of Shining Way fort loss tonight with 90 destro/50 order population. I entered the zone, got exactly one kill plus some random challenges and other damage. I was able to get a bag roll (didn't win) and 4 crests.

That is a pretty low bar for folks to hit for any rewards. Shouldn't be any complaints about defending for nothing now.
If you're just going to get beat anyway the reward really isn't worth the effort when you could instead go to an empty zone push it and get more rewards for it.

Forts need fixing. Just a straight-up awful experience as a losing side that isn't worth the absolute tedium of getting slapped over for a white bag lol.

Ads
Fenris78

Post#29 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:48 am

tvbrowntown wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:14 am
Aethilmar wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:40 am Well I showed up to a Stage 3 of Shining Way fort loss tonight with 90 destro/50 order population. I entered the zone, got exactly one kill plus some random challenges and other damage. I was able to get a bag roll (didn't win) and 4 crests.

If you're just going to get beat anyway the reward really isn't worth the effort when you could instead go to an empty zone push it and get more rewards for it.

Forts need fixing. Just a straight-up awful experience as a losing side that isn't worth the absolute tedium of getting slapped over for a white bag lol.
Unless you do nothing at all in fort, it's 15 minutes to get minimum 10-15 crests + 50% chance of a bag, averaging another 24 crests.
Tell me another game mode that rewards you as much for losing... (saving cities, and yet phases are more than 15 minutes each).

And pushing empty zones in the meanwhile wont net you enough contribution to drop any bag at all, as you will get about 3-6 crests for an empty zone lock.

I'll choose the Fort 15 minutes ass-spanking over PvDoor every time of the week... :p

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#30 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:50 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:48 am
tvbrowntown wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:14 am

Unless you do nothing at all in fort, it's 15 minutes to get minimum 10-15 crests + 50% chance of a bag, averaging another 24 crests.
Tell me another game mode that rewards you as much for losing... (saving cities, and yet phases are more than 15 minutes each).

And pushing empty zones in the meanwhile wont net you enough contribution to drop any bag at all, as you will get about 3-6 crests for an empty zone lock.

I'll choose the Fort 15 minutes ass-spanking over PvDoor every time of the week... :p
Apparently, you are the only one choosing fort then cause destro isn't there. People will say this is a player problem, but this is a design issue. Players aren't going because it's not designed well. Design it well and they will go do it.