Ads

Patch Notes 20/01/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

Patch Notes 20/01/2023

Post#1 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:22 am

NOTICE! The last patch requires you to restart the launcher for a DOUBLE patch. If you are missing Ability text in-game, you need to patch again. ATTENTION!

Highlights
Weekend Warfront: Factory of War

The Reikland Factory is one of the most important manufacturers of arms and ammunition for the armies of the empire. Without it they will be forced to fight with sword and shield alone!

Take the Warehouse and the Machine Shop for your realm! Carve a bloody swath of destruction through your enemies and emerge victorious from the Steamtank Plant!

This weekend Factory of War will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Reikland Factory scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.

Items
Inventory

Players who return to the game with very full inventories and wearing mixed sets will no longer find their armor deleted if it gets stripped off of them due to the ward update.

If your character logs in for the first time in years and your armor isn't in your inventory, please check your Overflow tab at the bottom of your backpack to find the missing pieces of gear. This may have brought back some existing gear which had previously gone missing on a character.

Buy-back

The Buy-back window at a vendor will now remember a few of the most recent items you sold.

This means that even if you sell something important, then disconnect or crash before you have a chance to buy it back, you can still log back in and safely buy your item back without losing it forever.

Content
Public Quest

A number of Public Quests in the Dwarf/Greenskin pairing, as well as a few in other pairings, would not start as of the last patch - these have all been fixed and will work properly upon entering their area again. Some of these PQs include:

- Gudrim's Veterans

- Bar Dawazbak

- Grimbeard Station

- Moonfang Remnant

- Kron Komar Gap

- Marsh Conquest

- Fireforge's Camp

- Battle at Blood Fen

- Revoltin' Gobbos

- Unterbaum Cemetary

Bug Fixes

[20653] - The Destro version of the Chicken Scouting Quest has been completely re-worked to send the player to T1 Elf, and now properly grants rewards and XP. In addition, this quest (for both factions) now requires characters to be at least Rank 16 to begin, in order to trigger the Chicken transformation.

[20654] - The Slayer of The Hunter's Moon has had its name fixed up from moonrunes into proper punctuation. Tzeentch claims this was all part of the plan.

[20659] - Respawning in Gunbad now works properly again, and will remember your checkpoints.

[20635] - Destro players War Reporting to Marshes of Madness will now properly arrive at the Warcamp, not the PvE camp, unless they select a Public Quest.

[20579] - The "Guile" ability found on some Fortress Weapons now properly reads "Reduces heals by 25%" instead of just "by 25", which caused confusion in the past. All weapons which have this proc included should display it correctly now.

[20660] - Potions purchased from Ruin Set Vendors for PvE War Tokens will now instantly stack with crafted potions. (Previously, some would not stack, and others had to wait 30s to convert.)

[20567] - The Ironclaw Rock Lobba Siege weapons will no longer hunt and chase down players who dare to attack them. Gork or Mork are reportedly to blame for their temporary bout of sentience.

Other

Please note there are a number of open roles on the team, .e.g Artists, Designers, Coders, Game Masters & Community Management. If you are interested and have some spare time feel free to apply.
Click here for a list of open roles.

Ads
Akalukz

Re: Patch Notes 20/01/2023

Post#2 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:53 am

Good stuff. The buy back and overflow changes are great!
-= Agony =-

Ninjagon

Post#3 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:55 pm

Great! Thx especially for some bug fixes.
Any info about (broken) marauder pull fixes please?
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Vaul

Post#4 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 pm

Thank You.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

voldepoule

Post#5 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:05 pm

Thank you for patch. I just want to say that i have few bugs with enemy unit frame since the patch, i can't see my hots indicators. Another player in game has confirmed me he has the same issue. If anybody has an idea or solution, he's welcome.

Edit : found the issue, since patch, the abilities names has disappeared (you can check it on the abilities panel or with the abilities tooltips). When setting up enemy with abilities ID instead of abilities names, it works again.
Edit 2 : ok, i see the double patch now

J19378456

Post#6 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:23 pm

Thanks you for making this game available to all of use and keep up the spirits it's a thank less job but we all appreciate your effort.

arEntropic

Post#7 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:57 pm

how do you double patch?

Gangan

Post#8 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:42 am

Start client - Patch - start game - close game -start client again - patch again - start game again - enjoy ability texts ^^
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Ads
shadowdye

Post#9 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:19 pm

I've been playing for a week or so without ability names, and I've restarted and launched the game several times. I've also tried to repair without any success. Any suggestions?

Fenris78

Post#10 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:17 pm

For people getting trouble, run RoRupdater.exe, wich will download a new launcher prior to starting the game.