Recent Topics

Ads

Source dev application

Help us with developing new features or fix up existing ones. This is the place to apply. C# for game engine, C++ for tools.

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dalen
Developer

Source dev application

Post#1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:20 pm

Hi

I’ve already helped the project out for a while by maintaining the career builder and as a tester for the last year now. But would like to help out as a source dev for the project itself.

I’m 37 years old, live in Sweden and work at a mobile app company with backend development and infrastructure.

I’ve been programming since I was a teenager in all sorts of programming languages, C, Java, Python, Ruby, Typescript, Elm & Rust to name a few. While I’m not an expert in C# (yet) I think that I have enough programming experience in similar languages to be able to pick it up fairly quickly if this application is accepted.

My past projects include everything from command line tools and web applications to backend software. So I could work either on the server itself or on various tooling that might be needed for creating or editing content for example. You can see some of the things I’ve worked on at my Github: https://github.com/dalen

I’ve been a player of Warhammer Fantasy Battles since the 4th edition, and also played other games set in the universe, like Mordheim, Warhammer Total War & Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying. So I have a good understanding of the lore and background of the Warhammer Fantasy universe. I think this can be of help when creating content so it fits into the world both gameplay-wise and lore-wise.

I played Age of Reckoning from the launch to when the game closed down. Doing all the content, from large scale to small scale RvR, but also all the dungeons and PvE content. I also have several high level characters on Return of Reckoning. So I’m familiar with almost all game mechanics by now.
Lotharic - RR8x WP
Falinsil - RR7x DoK
Valreci - RR7x WE
Falinirya - RR6x SW
And a whole bunch of other alts

Ads