Recent Topics

Ads

Launch Options

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Jazlizard

Launch Options

Post#1 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:38 pm

Is there a way to add launch options to the war.exe? I tried the usual shortcut method, but since the game uses the launcher to execute, that method doesn't seem to work.

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Launch Options

Post#2 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:39 pm

Jazlizard wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:38 pm Is there a way to add launch options to the war.exe? I tried the usual shortcut method, but since the game uses the launcher to execute, that method doesn't seem to work.
By launch options - do you mean directly launching the game rather than the launcher?

If so, probably not as the launcher is required for credentials.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Jazlizard

Post#3 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:27 pm

No I mean adding dx9 launch options such as -dxlevel 95 or trying to force heap sizes or texture quality types. I can do this with a shortcut to the exe, but that won't work due to the launcher. Is there a file where I can pass these arguments along via the launcher perhaps?

xpander
Community Management

Post#4 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:15 pm

I dont know what you are trying to achieve with that. -dxlevel95 (afaik thats a source engine parameter) wont work with this game, unless you have some tools that inject something (but then you add the parameters on your tool).
its gamebryo engine from ~2007 or something, it doesn't have any launch options available afaik
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos