Recent Topics

Ads

Game sound is gone!

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
PowerOfMamaliga

Game sound is gone!

Post#1 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:16 pm

Ok, so today my game sounds is gone. No NPC or player voice heard when interacting, no music, no battle sounds when you cast a spell, when you hit something etc. The only thing I can hear is some sound effects like bird singing and others. I checked the settings and everything is ok. I tried existing the game and logging in again. Same problem.

Ads
PowerOfMamaliga

Re: Game sound is gone!

Post#2 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:21 pm

Update. The only game sound that's missing is the music both in game and in the charter selection menu. Also, when you click an NPC (quest givers, vendors etc) or player their voice is still gone.

Elven
Former Staff

Post#3 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:00 pm

What language version of the game you using?

PowerOfMamaliga

Post#4 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:16 pm

Elven wrote:What language version of the game you using?
English? I don't remember there being an option to set the game on another language. Anyway, the game is in English.

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#5 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:21 pm

Well, it's definitely a client issue, as the server has no role in playing sounds. In other words, it's local to your computer.

Could it be that audio.myp is marked as read-only? It might have been corrupted somehow, but if it was working before, I don't know how it might have changed.

PowerOfMamaliga

Post#6 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:21 pm

Sometimes the battle sound effects are back. But they are gone once I go into RvR area (probably because of big number of players?). Anyway, the voice of NPCs and players is still absent. Also music.
Last edited by PowerOfMamaliga on Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PowerOfMamaliga

Post#7 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:26 pm

Genisaurus wrote:Well, it's definitely a client issue, as the server has no role in playing sounds. In other words, it's local to your computer.

Could it be that audio.myp is marked as read-only? It might have been corrupted somehow, but if it was working before, I don't know how it might have changed.
The audio.myp is ok, I've checked it. Should I reinstall the game? The problem is that is I click uninstall only the launchers are deleted, the game files are all still there (pretty sure about that). So there's probably not going to be any change?

Elven
Former Staff

Post#8 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:27 pm

Possibly voice over game file is corrupted. I needed to know which one you're using, so I can give you a download link to download my copy of it, and replace your one.

Give me a few minutes to re-upload it, as I've seem to have misplaced it on my cloud storage :D

Ads
PowerOfMamaliga

Post#9 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:30 pm

Ok, thanks. Waiting for it :)

PowerOfMamaliga

Post#10 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:09 pm

I think you might as well give the audio file also because the music is also absent. Thanks.
Last edited by PowerOfMamaliga on Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.