Recent Topics

Ads

When is an RvR lake, not an RvR lake?

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
MyKingdomForAHorse

When is an RvR lake, not an RvR lake?

Post#1 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:55 pm

Where do they start and end? An interesting question you might say.

I was under the impression, like many others, that the game automatically flagged you for RvR when you enter an RvR zone, and so one can only conclude that if one is not flagged, one is not in an RvR lake. Somewhat logical I'm sure you'd agree, yes?

Well apparently not. I was playing my Shaman, minding my own business in a PvE area in High Pass, when all of a sudden, I was set upon by unruly GMs who insisted I flag myself for RvR and open myself to attack from other players.

So where is the line drawn? It seems now that at any moment, you can be forcibly flagged for RvR just for the fun of it.

Now I can hear some of you gasping in horror at my mistreatment from here and frankly, I don't blame you. No, not one bit.

All those times I stumbled across an enemy player in PvE who was not flagged for PvP. Had I known I could have reported him and had him kicked to the Winds of Chaos, then I probably would have done.

So what say you, honourable forum-goers? Where EXACTLY do RvR lakes begin and end. Post map coordinates if you so please :)

Ads
Bacta
Former Staff

Re: When is an RvR lake, not an RvR lake?

Post#2 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:11 pm

Well- this is the first I've heard about players having to be flagged for RVR at all times. I don't think that is accurate at all otherwise the Dev's would have implemented this as a PVP server just like on live. Regardless though every time you enter an RvR zone and dont unflag and go PvE you can be killed by the opposing realm. You can simply unflag if you want to go PvE, you are automatically flagged when entering an SC and aren't unflagged upon exit. If you were in a PvE area unflagged then you should not be forced to flag by a GM.
Bacta AM|Disneys Kotbs| Wiki WP <Foreplay>
Cerebus DoK | Jasselin Chosen <Pillowtalk>

MyKingdomForAHorse

Post#3 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:15 pm

^ Exactly what I thought. I had never entered the RvR zone though, so I was simply unflagged.

There may have been a slight bit of confusion on their part I'll admit. I was perilously close to an RvR lake but NOT actually in it. So what I'm asking is, how far away from an RvR area do I have to be, before I'm expected to manually flag myself in order to avoid the wrath of the GMs.

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:20 pm

its not realistic to expect players to be flagged for rvr while in pve espically in zones where the player has out leveled them because being flagged will automatically chicken you making you unable to farm mobs and stuff.

was it tklees? he likes to attack players in pve zones? :P

SigmarPriest
Former Staff

Post#5 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:36 pm

Hello,

when you are in a pve zone you don't need be flagged for pvp. There is also no reason why a GM should force you to flag for pvp.
You just need to be careful when you attack players in a PVE area and through a bug for example your char is not flagged for PVP then it is something complet different.
So long you do only pve stuff in a pve zone there is no reason to be flagged for pve. When you start with any pvp related stuff you need to be flagged.

regards

ps. I send you a PM

SigmarPriest
Former Staff

Post#6 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:57 pm

Hello all,

I talked with MyKingdomForAHorse and with the GM. I also checked our logs. MyKindomForAHorse said that he was outside the order warcamp in front of the rvr lake exist. So technical it war an rvr zone.

That is also what the GM said and at least what our logs show.

So it was correct that the GM forced the player to flag himself. It was a bug that he wasn't flagged.

I need to say it again that false accusation against a staff member can have serious consequence.

regards