Recent Topics

Ads

Lots of FPS lag - but only on Order character?

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
peterthepan3

Lots of FPS lag - but only on Order character?

Post#1 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:42 pm

I've noticed that my FPS becomes veeeery choppy when I am playing on my WP, but on destro it is perfectly fine. Even in scenarios/6v6 my FPS will start taking a plummet whilst on Order. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Re: Lots of FPS lag - but only on Order character?

Post#2 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:05 pm

Check your inventory, if it's cluttered then clean it. Might help.

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:08 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote:Check your inventory, if it's cluttered then clean it. Might help.

Really? Wow, I'll try it!

Glorian

Post#4 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:10 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
shaggyboomboom wrote:Check your inventory, if it's cluttered then clean it. Might help.

Really? Wow, I'll try it!
Some info was that questitems of unsolved or broken quests Can hinder your char. So Check quest Item bag.

Dabbart

Post#5 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:33 pm

Well..

What are the main differences between the toons/realms? Any specific addon's you running on WP that might not be utilized the same? Try turning off various lvls of cast animations, to see if that is affecting it strangely.

Maybe I'm just an OCD freak, but I do feel that uncluttered bags, an "empty" ToK(IE of the new unlocks), and 0 quests gives me higher FPS, and my map seems to bug out less than those I play with. I do have a bunch of addons, so I DC at keeps quite often though...

Maybe it has something to do with the Light textures? Order side tends to be a lot brighter in shades and general lighting. I do know that my overall FPS seems to be higher on my Z that it ever was on Order... But I cleaned the **** out of my UI/Addons for him. So no real confirmation I can offer.

TLDR: Destro Bias is Obvious.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

shaggyboomboom

Post#6 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:27 pm

I noticed that WSCT makes me lag a lot. Maybe that's the culprit.

Glorian

Post#7 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:38 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote:...WSCT makes me lag a lot. Maybe that's the culprit.
Whats WSCT?

Dabbart

Post#8 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:43 pm

It's an addon that helps to track overall DPS incoming and outgoing.

Actually, I turned that off for my Z. That might of been the culprit, but I had a few other agro style addons I no longer use also..
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
blaqwar

Post#9 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:11 am

Buffhead, WSCT, Squared, Moth and Group Icons (dunno if anyone is using the last one here). Those addons impact WAR's performance the most. Enemy is actually one of the few addons that I know of that is written with performance in mind .

Shameless plug; I actually wrote about this back in ye colde January of the year of our lord 2011 here (written for retail ofc).

nebelwerfer

Post#10 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:04 pm

blaqwar wrote:Buffhead, WSCT, Squared, Moth and Group Icons (dunno if anyone is using the last one here). Those addons impact WAR's performance the most. Enemy is actually one of the few addons that I know of that is written with performance in mind .

Shameless plug; I actually wrote about this back in ye colde January of the year of our lord 2011 here (written for retail ofc).
After i disabled squared, GOT less than 10 quests and turn to fastest framerate keep sieges Are pretty Good, no Dc in a long while.