Recent Topics

Ads

healing renown in orvr

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Kalidore

healing renown in orvr

Post#1 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:14 pm

One of the things ive noticed is different than the live server is if I run around out of a group and throw people some heals, I no longer get credit for contributing to a kill like it used to be. What I mean is that before, even if you didnt have a group invite, you could still get renown by healing others running around, and if there was a kill, you might get a small chunk of it bc you helped by healing. Now, it doesnt work that way unless I ping an enemy with a dot or something. Is this intended? Sometimes warbands are full etc, so its nice to still be able to get renown by running around solo throwing out some heals.
Getzoff-Shammy
Fraulein- RP

Ads
Kalidore

Re: healing renown in orvr

Post#2 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:23 pm

another instance was I was in grp 4 of a warband solo for about 20 mins bc nobody was joining, and I was healing everyone in the warband, but was getting 0 renown from it, as it didnt seem to be counting anything I did as a contribution towards any kills. (kill 25 enemy players wouldnt ping when an enemy died, regardless of how much I had healed)
Getzoff-Shammy
Fraulein- RP

Fey

Post#3 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:21 pm

Renown acts weirdly. I've gotten deathblows with a large % of damage on the enemy and still received no renown.

The solo healer thing is working as intended. They nerfed solo healing renown to almost nothing, you have to get a group. What it is homie.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Sufferkate

Post#4 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:25 am

what? I hope not ... I play 95% of the time solo...and I love healing while not partied... the reason for this is because my pc is slow and I feel bad if I let my party/wb down because I'm lagging so hard.
(SADIST wb lead) TPE,RedRedKroovy,RealHorrorShow, DomiHate,Droogy,DaMachineBigBoomiesTpeDollMolokoPlus, UltraViolence,DaGreenReaper,TheOLDinOUTSufferKate,Xoz,
Banned since:3/26/22

Loans

Post#5 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:14 am

+1 to solo healing renown , we want it back again!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:17 am

We want healers in groups and not solo leeching renown. Everyone should be in groups and not solo leeching renown. It's a group game, and they're not hard to find.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Telen
Suspended

Post#7 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:23 am

wargrimnir wrote:We want healers in groups and not solo leeching renown. Everyone should be in groups and not solo leeching renown. It's a group game, and they're not hard to find.
Zergs arent hard to find. Groups are hard to find.

Luth

Post#8 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:31 am

On WAR you got healing contribution that was meant to be spread to you and 5 other players; if you were alone in your "group", you got the same amount. This misconception was the reason why many healers prefered to solo heal instead of getting into a group. This was fixed here. Afaik now you get contribution that fits to 1/6 of a group if you are alone. GL with convincing Aza to revert this.
To get healing contribution, you must heal someone who got kill contribution (participated in the killing of an enemy) and is damaged. If you got zero renown, his healing contribution pool was high likely empty or he didn't kill another player (e.g. empty keep take/RvE).
It could be also that the healers in the group are favoured and get heal contribution first and external healers second if it happens at the same time (just guessing).

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#9 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:26 am

Luth wrote:On WAR you got healing contribution that was meant to be spread to you and 5 other players; if you were alone in your "group", you got the same amount. This misconception was the reason why many healers prefered to solo heal instead of getting into a group. This was fixed here. Afaik now you get contribution that fits to 1/6 of a group if you are alone. GL with convincing Aza to revert this.
To get healing contribution, you must heal someone who got kill contribution (participated in the killing of an enemy) and is damaged. If you got zero renown, his healing contribution pool was high likely empty or he didn't kill another player (e.g. empty keep take/RvE).
It could be also that the healers in the group are favoured and get heal contribution first and external healers second if it happens at the same time (just guessing).
By the argument that everyone should join a group and renown rewarded is meant to be spread across a group then renown for deathblows need to be cut for solo dps. Its not a fix because it was intended to be this way just as dps getting deathblows solo get full renown.

Kalidore

Post#10 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:46 am

i dont mind the change, i was just curious when I first came back if it was a bug or not. Honestly it was a well deserved change, it was a bit too easy to level renown out of party. (could level a healer to 100 in a month or two pretty easily if you knew what you were doing)
Getzoff-Shammy
Fraulein- RP