Recent Topics

Ads

Improving framerate in Warhammer Online

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Alsayr

Re: Improving framerate in Warhammer Online

Post#81 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:25 am

WAR is not written and optimize as multi thread app, so its doesn't use more then 1 core from your cpu.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Ads
Bajlk

Post#82 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:49 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:18 pm
HappyHubris wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:11 pm Is the multithreaded .exe from the first post still usable?
No, it's been built into the launcher. Click the gear, select 64-bit, and you have it.
Can you add Vsync too, please?

Caffeine

Post#83 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:51 pm

Bajlk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:49 pm Can you add Vsync too, please?
Vsync can (and always should) be forced through your gfx driver settings.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#84 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:56 pm

Bajlk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:49 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:18 pm
HappyHubris wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:11 pm Is the multithreaded .exe from the first post still usable?
No, it's been built into the launcher. Click the gear, select 64-bit, and you have it.
Can you add Vsync too, please?
The game engine doesn't support 60fps vsync, I believe it's capped at 100fps however.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

cazypher

Post#85 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:29 pm

Not sure if this is connected to FPS issue or not (Also returning player glad to be back to this server its been a hella fun 4 days lol ). So i have a 1080 and a i9 and would love to make WB RvR content on the setting 'oh, shiny' to show off the amazing aesthetic of the game and hope it would bring others into the server but it sucks that i crash hard every time. :(

DaWolf

Post#86 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:08 am

cazypher wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:29 pm Not sure if this is connected to FPS issue or not (Also returning player glad to be back to this server its been a hella fun 4 days lol ). So i have a 1080 and a i9 and would love to make WB RvR content on the setting 'oh, shiny' to show off the amazing aesthetic of the game and hope it would bring others into the server but it sucks that i crash hard every time. :(
Just follow the recommendations of this thread to the letter and no more crashes.
The game will be even more fluid and beautiful :)

Caffeine

Post#87 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:29 pm

Updated the 64bit client guide for 2019.

Use the 64bit client version

Click the gear in the top right corner of your RoR launcher and select 64-bit.

What this does:
Secrets wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:23 am It enables multi-threading options by default (previously had to pass command line args to enable it, which would require a new launcher) and changes the memory cap on the executable to 3000MB from 1250MB for the texture cache, which means that less cpu cycles are spent recycling textures and instead they can sit comfortably in memory. The 4gb patch is already applied to this executable as well.

The other thing it does is disable the 'debug' version of the LUA library. This means that UI actions should execute quicker.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

osirisx69

Post#88 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:13 pm

Thanks

Ads
weenus

Post#89 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:46 pm

I've noticed some framerate jitter and drop in certain areas, what is odd though is the game really barely pushes my video card at all. Sometimes the GPU usage will be 10-15% while CPU is in the 90%'s.

I have a i5 2500k running at 4.2ghz and a GTX 1080.

Tried bumping up some of the settings in Nvidia control panel to see if I can get the game to lean on the video card a bit more but nothing seems to affect it, it looks prettier but the performance still stays what it was regardless of what I change.

Fenris78

Post#90 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:55 pm

Never saw a difference with graphic settings change on high-end hardware (I7 and gtx 1080 for me), but often two things happen to lower fluidity :

- Massive display of enemy players at once, like getting inc by 50+ red players suddenly, wich all drop their abilities at the same time.
Game just horribly stutter and made it unplayable for several seconds (I suppose the time for graphic and server data to be spooled into client).

- Running long sessions with multiple zones visited (and fought into) ; this leads to a memory issue (leak or simply accumulated data) in wich game processus will take more than the usual 1.5 Gb of ram. When 2+ Gb of ram is used, the game simply stutter constantly (playable but barely) and had to be restarted to work properly. Doing a /rel doesnt help to clean ram (and it often crash the game).

Other than those 2 issues, game looks to run smoother than before.

Small tip if you want less crashes when too much people fighting around : you can try to use the "fixed" buffhead addon (if you were using it and experienced a lot of crashes, especially in massive keep battles), wich somehow cleans itself from used frames to avoid memory leaks.
Provided by OldSerpent in his associated thread :
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=30050