Recent Topics

Ads

Trouble with layout editor

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Hankerino

Trouble with layout editor

Post#1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:59 am

I love having a nice UI, so I'm trying to mine setup before I really start here. So I'm probably just making a silly mistake but I truly can't figure it out,

I've installed YakUI and nothing else, just the basic addons it comes with.

I was moving my hotbars and such around using layout editor, and after the third time saving them I could no longer move them. They don't appear green when I have layout editor open, and I (think) I'm seeing windows as movable I didn't see before. The scenario party windows are movable, and I'm not sure I could move those before. I can't move the new minimap, my chat windows, action bars, or all the tons of tiny stuff that was movable before.

Is there a toggle button I'm missing or something?

Thanks in advance

Ads
secondprice

Re: Trouble with layout editor

Post#2 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:56 am

YakUi comes with its own Layout-Manager.
Middle mouseclick on the Yak-button and open Vectors.

With this little tool you can scale and move objects from your ui and you never need to reload your ui again if u take changes.

Hankerino

Re: Trouble with layout editor

Post#3 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:19 am

Thanks for your reply! That seems so cumbersome to use though. Would you mind explaining briefly why people prefer custom UIs here?

I disabled YakUI and my previous errors went away, and I found the default UI plenty customizable. Curious why it's popular to use a diffcult-to-use system just for the shadow overlay, or w/e else it offers