Recent Topics

Ads

Reduce Lag, Crashes, Disconects - Complete list of things you can do.

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Noiree

Re: Reduce Crashing at Keep fights - Complete list of things you can do.

Post#11 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:42 pm

Glorian wrote:Xbox app? Is that standard in WIN10?
Yes. Think it is even one of the apps that can't be deinstalled.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#12 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:51 pm

Noiree wrote:
Glorian wrote:Xbox app? Is that standard in WIN10?
Yes. Think it is even one of the apps that can't be deinstalled.
You can, it's just gated behind powershell and it's real easy to bork your machine if you wipe out some of the other windows apps.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Glorian

Post#13 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:16 am

Updated the list.
Added some links on how to uninstall xbox app.

warhammer1995

Post#14 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:13 am

Glorian wrote:This is a list of things you can adjust to reduce your crashes ingame at keeps.
Some points are proven, others are more of the esoteric kind, but the lads swear that they reduced crashes on their side.

Here are things you can do:

1. Don't allow players to join WB from a different zone. This will sometimes lead to a WB crash.

2. Don’t join Warbands who have someone with Scenario Queues in.

3. Set graphics to fastest framerate. Also set the ‘Play ability effects on’ from ALL or Your Warband to YOU only. This can be done ingame with two clicks.

4. Install the 4gb ram 64Bit third party optimizer:
-4gb patcher http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
It's a little program which used on war.exe ( and all other win xp era game such war40k dawn of war one ) will change the client memory from 2gb into 4gb actually make the loading faster and the time between the need to reopne the client seems improve x10. You need to use it on "war.exe" file just once. (taken from Tesqs Thread)

5. Reduce your open quest to less than 10 open quests at once.

6. Don't take the keep lord quest. Don't take the SC quests while participating in Keep attacks.

7. Remove quest items out of your quest item inventory slot. Especially the ones from broken quests.

8. Change shown player names from Styled to Standardized. <- This is the easiest step and reported to have a huge boost on framerate.

9. If you use nerfed buttons and get an error after exit/logout use the fix described here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13977

10. Deactivate the addon WSCT

11. Clean your Warhammer Cache folder regularly.
Screenshot here:
http://i.imgur.com/qT9yMYC.png

12. Deactivate group icons of any kind. (Had the actual addon GroupIcons turned off on live and suddenly everything went drastically more smooth - one less overlay and check)

13. Deactivate Game DVR in your xbox app when using Windows 10. It lowers your framerate and is automatically turned on when installing win10. The xbox app can also be unistalled. You need to open the Powershell for it and then use the command here to uninstall the xbox app.

If you follow the above steps you will reduce keep crashes A LOT. That was approved by several players. Alot thanks to the players who gathered the info and who arent named here in full credits. Thank you.
you forget about addons wrong addons cause ALOT crashing,i disabled all with critical errors,since then zero crash,
RP - Pavoss :idea:

NobleTV
Banned

Post#15 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:24 pm

warhammer1995 wrote:
Glorian wrote:This is a list of things you can adjust to reduce your crashes ingame at keeps.
Some points are proven, others are more of the esoteric kind, but the lads swear that they reduced crashes on their side.
you forget about addons wrong addons cause ALOT crashing,i disabled all with critical errors,since then zero crash,
I disabled all addons with critical errors too, but there were still сonstant crash
The problem is not only in them

Dabbart

Post#16 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:12 am

Now when you say constant... Constant where and how?

If in Altdorf/IC then leave that silly place. If in or around ORvR, check the list OP provided and make sure you have done everything. If just in general, then you might have a faulty/corrupt file.

When you DC do you get any error message, or just hard crash? Does it disconnect, or close the game?

Also, remember that the game will NOT save any updates to your UI if you crash out. You need to log out for most changes to be saved. This might include your graphical settings. Go through the OP's list, make sure everything is set properly, then log out and back in. If the problem persists, try to narrow down where and what is causing it...

Gl!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Taiwan

Post#17 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:32 pm

Excuse me, where is it to change?
8. Change shown player names from Styled to Standardized.

Glorian

Post#18 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:46 am

Here.

Ads
Taiwan

Post#19 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Glorian wrote:Here.

oh...the original is this
But I am more streamlined ... this is really full of effect :lol:

zabis

Post#20 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:06 pm

Can someone help me with #4?
You need to use it on "war.exe" file just once
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.