Recent Topics

Ads

Reduce Lag, Crashes, Disconects - Complete list of things you can do.

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
phoramix87

Re: Reduce Lag, Crashes, Disconects - Complete list of things you can do.

Post#51 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:29 am

My main folder keep turning back into "Read only" also if I uncheck that option (including nested files).

I am issuing many crashes... could be this? How I turn definetively off "Read only"?

thanks

Ads
Jameson90

Post#52 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:19 am

Ive done all theses but i still get kicked to desktop when entering pvp zones and scenarios
no errors just straight to desktop

Jameson90

Post#53 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:21 am

ive done all the tips n tricks on here but still getting kicked to desktop after entering pvp zones and scenarios
any ideas ?

Aanathema

Post#54 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:54 am

phoramix87 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:29 am My main folder keep turning back into "Read only" also if I uncheck that option (including nested files).

I am issuing many crashes... could be this? How I turn definetively off "Read only"?

thanks
The same happened to me with Windows 10.
To fix it just:
1) find the game folder and CUT and PASTE it in a different location**
2) check if the folder is READ ONLY (remove it) and then lauch it. If did not work, repeat.

**Example My game was at C/Programm files (86) and pasted at desktop then remove READ ONLY and then it was running smoothly. Example 2. C/Programm files (86) Paste at C/
This happens to me with only ROR and have to do it every time i play.

Acidic

Post#55 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:52 am

Aanathema wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:54 am
phoramix87 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:29 am My main folder keep turning back into "Read only" also if I uncheck that option (including nested files).

thanks
The same happened to me with Windows 10.
To fix it just:
1) find the game folder and CUT and PASTE it in a different location**
2) check if the folder is READ ONLY (remove it) and then lauch it. If did not work, repeat.

**Example My game was at C/Programm files (86) and pasted at desktop then remove READ ONLY and then it was running smoothly. Example 2. C/Programm files (86) Paste at C/
This happens to me with only ROR and have to do it every time i play.
The reapplying of write protect is a windows thing.
To avoid it move the Warhammer online game directory out of c:\program flies to something like c:\ror
This will stop windows reapplying the write protect each time (believe it’s on startup)

Glorian

Post#56 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 am

Update March 2020. Just tested yesterday and some Players were reborn lagless in a 600 Player Zone.

21. Use after login the command: .vfxdisabled
This will disable all the special effects. Less flashy but your FPS will go up. You need to type it after every login.

22. Use the command: /script CombatLogger.pauseRecording()
This will stop combat recording in the fights and will reduce Lag DRASTICALLY.
To restart it again type: /script CombatLogger.start()

23. The WSCT Addon. As far as I know this addon is recording stuff even if it is uninstalled. Most of us had it activated when we first started the client. So install the Addon again, and type /wsct. This will bring you in a menue. There UNCHECK every checkbox. Relog. And then deinstall the Addon.

JONOS

Post#57 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:09 am

Server disconnects me over and over again. Sometimes even on the loading screen. It's maddening. Any advice? 3 days ago this didn't happen to me.

Thx

Glorian

Post#58 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:37 am

JONOS wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:09 am Server disconnects me over and over again. Sometimes even on the loading screen. It's maddening. Any advice? 3 days ago this didn't happen to me.

Thx
This was reported by several people since some days.
Clear Cache and remove quests that arent important.
Sometimes old files are used or old quests want to update that are changed.

Ads
Nikkuz

Post#59 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:02 pm

Anyone else find an INCRESE lag after last patch?
I have done everything write on post but, nothing, costant lag deley ( even in sc)...the pc is the same , also the internet provider...

anstalt

Post#60 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:57 pm

Hi folks,

I've been greatly enjoying RoR after returning a few weeks ago so first wanted to say a big "thank you!" to the devs for making this happen. Pretty much everything has been going great, however as I am leveling up I am spending more time in RvR. And thus I am getting an awful lot of crashes.

The crashes seem to increase in frequency with the numbers of players in my near vicinity. Up to about 100 players (total) seems pretty stable, but once it pushes past that I start getting crashes.

The crashes happen whether im solo or in a group, though they seem to happen more often if I'm in a group. I've never had crashes in scenarios or when doing PvE, it's only in the RvR lakes. Crashes are more frequent during keep battles, but I feel this is purely due to the concentration of players, rather than anything to do with the keep itself. When the same concentration of players occurs elsewhere on the maps, the crashes are just as frequent.

I've been through the logs file in the install, looking for any clues, but most of the files are empty and there is nothing timestamped at the time of my crashes.

The things I've tried from the OP:
Spoiler:

1. I make sure I join WBs only when im in the right zone. I don't really know how to monitor other people joining
2. I make sure I'm not queued for SCs whenever im in RvR
3. Graphics are set to fastest framerate, and effects are set to me only.
4. Outdated.
5. I get rid of all my quests when im in the RvR lakes
6. I don't take the keep lord quests, i just keep my logs completely empty
7. I have no quest items in my inventory
8. I've changed nameplates to standard
8b. I've pretty much turned off all nameplates in game, only showing my targets name and guild.
9. I don't use nerfed buttons
10. I don't use WSCT
11. I've been clearing out my cache before every login
12. I have deactivated group icons (through enemy? not sure where, but there's none left)
13. I already had game DVR turned off. I didn't uninstall the xbox app
14. I didn't have any addons showing a critical error. However, phantom did show an error of some sort so I disabled it.
15. I'm not willing to turn sound off completely. If it becomes a final thing to test, I'll give it a go, but i don't want to play without sound
16. Outdated
17. I've set the pagefile size as per instructions
18. I don't use miricle grow
19. My backpack is mostly empty nearly all the time. The only section that is more full is the crafting side of things, but that's still 50%+ free
20. Reduced chat history to 120
21. I haven't tried totally disabling vfx yet.
22. I've been stopping the combat logging with each login for the last few days
23. I don't think I've ever had the WSCT addon installed (unless it comes out of the box?). Certainly no files for it in my addon directory

I basically didn't notice any difference from any of these changes in terms of crashes, except for the nameplate changes. That reduced the crash frequency by a small amount.

As an unintended side-effect, turning off nameplates and lowering graphics really changes the nature of the game! Instead of a sea of names, classes etc, I can actually see everyone! Makes for a much more engaging game that way so I don't think I'll be turning nameplates on again.

The addons I am still using:
LibSlash
Enemy - only for unit frames and guard distance, all other functions turned off
Pure - only for my own and my target frames
TidyRoll

My specs for my PC (though, I recognise that modern specs dont mean much with an old engine):
Spoiler:
Ryzen 5 2600x
Geforce RTX 2060
16gb RAM
Aorus X470 Gaming Mobo
SSD (game is installed on drive E:/ if that makes a difference)
As you can see, its pretty decent specs and as such I haven't noticed any "lag" spikes during RvR. Whether on fastest framerate or ooh shiney, the game seems to run well in all situations. I don't get any stuttering in RvR, even right before a crash the game seems to be running well. The only time I ever get stutters is immediately after rezzing at camp, immediately after entering an RvR lake, or during a zone transition.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any further advice on how to reduce crashes? Next on my list is to remove all addons completely, I'd rather not do this as I don't enjoy the original UI but its one of the last things I can think of.

Thanks very much for your help

-Anstalt
AkA
Brynyar R29RR34 IB