Recent Topics

Ads

Cycle target has very low range

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
xanderous

Cycle target has very low range

Post#1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:49 pm

Is there a way to target beyond cycle target as the range seems very low to the point i end up just having to click on them which is not idle.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
CegeePegee
Former Staff

Re: Cycle target has very low range

Post#2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:06 pm

Have you tried 'trarget next enemy'?

Drudge

Post#3 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:09 pm

There are different options if you go to keybindings and check the targeting tab. You can cycle nearest or next allie or foe, but they all kind of suck even clicking kind of sucks.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#4 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:18 pm

He means that enemies outside of around 65ft (i made up that number ) can not be targeted using the target system

xanderous

Post#5 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:58 pm

Yeah the range of the target seems to be less than 100 feet which is the standard range of an engineer, i was just wondering if there was an addon or another option to increase the range because its feels around 56 meters.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:20 pm

There is not, and I don't see us expanding the range further. Everything in your tab target range is tracked by the server for each person every time you hit tab. In huge RvR fights that could mean hundreds of objects per person. Expanding that another 30% would mean exponentially more things tracked.

Also, you're already ranged. Do you really need more help?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

xanderous

Post#7 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:56 am

Well i only asked because i noticed that range seemed to be quite low but if it is down to causing performance issues that makes sense, ok yeah i get what you are saying but trying to click on a small gobo running at their super speeds is actually quite difficult.

dansari

Post#8 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:45 am

xanderous wrote:trying to click on a small gobo running at their super speeds is actually quite difficult.
The Teefz strafe at hyperspeed.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#9 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:30 am

Think its 100 feet as i remember not being able to tab target people with 110 feet on SW while 100 feet in Assault Stance worked fine.

Crassus

Post#10 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:53 pm

Hey! The way that I've got my targeting set up is that I have Tab as the basic targeting, Shift+Tab is closest Enemy, Mouse Button 4 is cycle next enemy and Mouse button 5 is cycle next ally :)
WITNESS ME!