Recent Topics

Ads

Character wipe ?

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Urukfang

Character wipe ?

Post#1 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:10 pm

I haven't logged for a long time but some of my friends decided to play so i wanted to play with them.
When i logged in my character list was clean.
Sorry for my ignorance but do you delete them after a certain period of inactivity ?

Ads
Martok

Re: Character wipe ?

Post#2 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:15 pm

I am not a Dev or anything but I believe that is the policy, that after some amount of time the characters are deleted. I could be wrong. I am posting after a weekend cookout and party so I am only half aware of what I am saying anyway. Love this game so thanks Devs in either case.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

catholicism198

Post#3 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:45 pm

there was a character wipe for inactive accounts about 1 year ago.

Urukfang

Post#4 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:51 pm

Ehh ok thanks for the info.
Guess i''ll start over.

Luth

Post#5 » Sun May 28, 2017 6:03 am

Martok wrote:I am not a Dev or anything but I believe that is the policy, that after some amount of time the characters are deleted.
It was a unique occurrence and there are no other wipes planned so far; it was done to free up lots of blocked names in the database from accounts that were inactive for a longer duration. Ofc it also freed up DB space, as there are lots of pseudo characters/accounts as the game is free; iirc after the wipe, the total characters went from over 300.000 to 100.000 (could be wrong, don't remember exactly).
I think it was also stated that in case of theoretical future wipes, there will be mail notifications sent to every inactive account before the wipe.

Naurus

Post#6 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:28 am

well thats not true 100% cause we are 6/9 friends here, playing on premade and we leave the game in the same time and the 70% of our still with the chars but the other 30% have a empty account, you cleanse toon of chars but u have any tool for recover old characters?

Ley
Former Staff

Post#7 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:42 am

There is no way to recover lost characters sadly

Naurus

Post#8 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:38 pm

Ley wrote:There is no way to recover lost characters sadly

Well Thats not 100% true Sadly....Depends if u want to support ur players or no. Because SigmarPriest put me on a black list for an error and i get all my toons deleted(that was and old gold exploit and i reported myself) one of u create all my toons back.... anyways i was lost all my farmer gear all of my crafters...but yes characters are back...i was expend lot of time doing it... i know is another case but u have the tool for recover it.

Maybe is lot of work recover all characters? why u dont think an idea to do it if u deleted an inactive account with toon of time expended on it?¿¿? On my opinion its not fair deleted an inactive account with toon of Pugs arround lvl 4/10...Or delete an account with FULL Geared characters.....Its a Pain in the Ass literaly.

Greetings

Ads
Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#9 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:54 pm

then yours was not deleted in the db but only made invisible.

this once time wipe actually really deleted all of what was once of a char in the db, its lost forever, dead, done, non existent.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Naurus

Post#10 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:06 pm

Tiggo wrote:then yours was not deleted in the db but only made invisible.

this once time wipe actually really deleted all of what was once of a char in the db, its lost forever, dead, done, non existent.

Guy please... invisible like a witchunter? or what??(lmao)

- Need more info? okey... I was re-created my toons to lvl 1 and azazel put me back to my old lvls Instead, so plz... im just asking about u to think a posible idea to do it thats all becasuse is not fair to delete inactive low accounts or High time Expended accounts thats what im refered, anyways i apreciate ur answers :S