Recent Topics

Ads

Name Taken after deletion

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
fRev0

Name Taken after deletion

Post#1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Hey everyone! So i just downloaded the game and made my character. After deciding i didnt like the way he looked I deleted him to remake. I am now getting the notification that the name is taken and i must choose a different name even though I just deleted the character. Is there anyway somebody can fix this?

Ads
Manatikik

Re: Name Taken after deletion

Post#2 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:22 pm

fRev0 wrote:Hey everyone! So i just downloaded the game and made my character. After deciding i didnt like the way he looked I deleted him to remake. I am now getting the notification that the name is taken and i must choose a different name even though I just deleted the character. Is there anyway somebody can fix this?
wait for server reset and it will be back. theres a bug where making a new character with old one could lock your account.
<Montague><Capulet>

fRev0

Post#3 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:47 pm

Manatikik wrote:
fRev0 wrote:Hey everyone! So i just downloaded the game and made my character. After deciding i didnt like the way he looked I deleted him to remake. I am now getting the notification that the name is taken and i must choose a different name even though I just deleted the character. Is there anyway somebody can fix this?
wait for server reset and it will be back. theres a bug where making a new character with old one could lock your account.
When is server reset?

anarchypark

Post#4 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:52 am

you can change character appearance at capital.
from barber npc. it's free.
also can change name at 40/40 if u have no record.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Manatikik

Post#5 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:26 am

fRev0 wrote:
Manatikik wrote:
When is server reset?

Rebooted at least twice today and every patch on Friday nights.
<Montague><Capulet>

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#6 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:37 am

Just to clarify, what Manatikik said is true but:

The bug is still there but in the meantime to get rid of any reports of cant log into game and unable to fix it but wait for a reboot I added a check when making characters so it wont allow a name thats cached.

Sulorie

Post#7 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:43 am

Natherul wrote:Just to clarify, what Manatikik said is true but:

The bug is still there but in the meantime to get rid of any reports of cant log into game and unable to fix it but wait for a reboot I added a check when making characters so it wont allow a name thats cached.
Can you tell when a name of deleted chars is removed from cache? Afaik a server restart isn't enough to clear the name.
Dying is no option.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#8 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:48 am

Sulorie wrote:

Can you tell when a name of deleted chars is removed from cache? Afaik a server restart isn't enough to clear the name.
simply put, when you delete a character the deletion time is saved into the DB and the check is towards the first update on the server on a boot (which usually happens like within the first 5 minutes of the servers uptime)

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#9 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:49 am

Natherul wrote:
Sulorie wrote:

simply put, when you delete a character the deletion time is saved into the DB and the check is towards the first update on the server on a boot (which usually happens like within the first 5 minutes of the servers uptime)

cache itself is cleared on a boot of the server.

trixter

Post#10 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:57 pm

Can someone plz restart the Server i want my name back too