Recent Topics

Ads

some questions from a noob :) plz help

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Hunter1984

some questions from a noob :) plz help

Post#1 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:32 am

hi there

like i sayd, im some sort of noob, i played live for a long time but a lot of things are different in RoR.
so here a my question that are importand for me and i dont get much help/answers ingame.

lets go.

1. ppl around the world tell me to get one of these "lesser exp gain books/scolls". but why?
for example: 2 friends (A and B) start together a new char, both lvl till 10/10. now player A is using one of these books and they keep on playing for the whole day together. at the end of the day player A is now 20/20 but player B is now 25/20.
so what are the benefits on player A? player B is 5 lvls above him, where is the disadvantage? i dont get it.
(im currently 20/27).

2. is there some ways to show off?
can i show ppl that im rr 50? 60? or even 70?
like with some sort of talisman,mount or something?

3. where to get and what are the costs of the griffon/manticore mount?
i saw like only 2 in 5 days playing. and they look AWESOME.

4. where to use my rr ponits so that they dont get away?
when i spend my rr points and run around a bit im loosing all my rr abilitys.
ppl told me tu use the npc in altdorf and/or use the "trainer everywhere tool", i did both like hundrets of times.
both not working, as soon as i join any battlefield or something, all my rr abilitys are gone again.
so what can i do?

5. what is better in generell, thougness or wounds?

6. what are these keep "stars" for?
i think i know everything about the BOs now and stuff. and you cant get exp at BOs after your keep has 3 stars but what are these stars for?

7. sometimes i can buy siege weapons and rams and sometimes i cant. why is that?

8. respawning on rvr fields.
if i die on for exampe a tier 3 rvr map, it seems like i respawn in warcamp, another warcamp or in my keep.
is it random?

9. loosing scenarios on purpose?
here is the thing, i do a lot scenarios and my team looses like 80% and it looks like they doin that on purpose. (im playing order).
atleast 1 or 2 are always afk in the spawn zone and the others dont try to do the scenarios mission.
for example: taking the bomb-keg and bring it to the enemy bombspot. but NO all my ppl do is picking up the bomb and let it explode in all groupmembers around. its basicly in every scenario that they look like they dont know what todo but it says the win condition in every loading screen. so i guess they are loosing on purpose. what is the reason for that?

10. PQ quest conditions.
in many many pq quest there is something like destroy 10 tomb stones or destroy 20 kegs and so on but no matter how much i destroy it always say 0/10 or 0/20. what em i doing wrong?

i know these are a lot of questions and im really sorry for my bad english :(
but i like the game a lot and these question a bothering me.
so please be nice to me and help me to have even more fun with this awesome p-server.

Ads
Achilleos

Re: some questions from a noob :) plz help

Post#2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:58 am

Spoiler:
Hunter1984 wrote:hi there

like i sayd, im some sort of noob, i played live for a long time but a lot of things are different in RoR.
so here a my question that are importand for me and i dont get much help/answers ingame.

lets go.

1. ppl around the world tell me to get one of these "lesser exp gain books/scolls". but why?
for example: 2 friends (A and B) start together a new char, both lvl till 10/10. now player A is using one of these books and they keep on playing for the whole day together. at the end of the day player A is now 20/20 but player B is now 25/20.
so what are the benefits on player A? player B is 5 lvls above him, where is the disadvantage? i dont get it.
(im currently 20/27).

2. is there some ways to show off?

3. where to get and what are the costs of the griffon/manticore mount?

4. where to use my rr ponits so that they dont get away?
ppl told me tu use the npc in altdorf and/or use the "trainer everywhere tool", i did both like hundrets of times.
both not working, as soon as i join any battlefield or something, all my rr abilitys are gone again.
so what can i do?

5. what is better in generell, thougness or wounds?

6. what are these keep "stars" for?
i think i know everything about the BOs now and stuff. and you cant get exp at BOs after your keep has 3 stars but what are these stars for?

7. sometimes i can buy siege weapons and rams and sometimes i cant. why is that?

8. respawning on rvr fields.
if i die on for exampe a tier 3 rvr map, it seems like i respawn in warcamp, another warcamp or in my keep.
is it random?

9. loosing scenarios on purpose?
here is the thing, i do a lot scenarios and my team looses like 80% and it looks like they doin that on purpose. (im playing order).
atleast 1 or 2 are always afk in the spawn zone and the others dont try to do the scenarios mission.
for example: taking the bomb-keg and bring it to the enemy bombspot. but NO all my ppl do is picking up the bomb and let it explode in all groupmembers around. its basicly in every scenario that they look like they dont know what todo but it says the win condition in every loading screen. so i guess they are loosing on purpose. what is the reason for that?

10. PQ quest conditions.
in many many pq quest there is something like destroy 10 tomb stones or destroy 20 kegs and so on but no matter how much i destroy it always say 0/10 or 0/20. what em i doing wrong?

i know these are a lot of questions and im really sorry for my bad english :(
so please be nice to me and help me to have even more fun with this awesome p-server.
1. The only real reason to use -EXP is to remain in a Tier longer. Some people only seem to enjoy T1 RvR for example and want to remain there as long as they can, before they outlevel it or are forced to reroll.

2. The only real way to show off is to beat the living **** out of people so badly they have to look your character up in the armory and see it there first Hand. ;-)

3. They can not be bought. They are rewarded to players who contributed in fixing major bugs in RoR, mainly by discovering, reporting and documenting them.

4. Normally your RR points don't disappear once spent. The display of the trainer and the addon are just buggy as hell and often don't add up or don't show what you trained in. You just have to know what you got and/or reset it and reskill to be sure. But the effects and stats are there.

5. Depends. Toughness tends to be better IMO if you can stack it high enough. Otherwise Wounds is always a good thing to go for.

6. They are the Keep level and apply to the level of defense of said Keep. The system is currently changing almost monthly, so I can't say for sure what the actual setting is. But for example postern doors unlocked to the attacker under 1 star and the gate destroyed. Or how strong the Lord was depended on stars.

7. I believe the Keep has to have a certain level of stars for that too.

8. It depends what spawn location is the nearest. You can only spawn in a Keep if it is not under siege though (inner door).

9. Welcome to Order.

10. Some PQ's are not functioning yet. You might want to check in the according PQ Overview threads.
Ironbreaker of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Grondil Anvilfist, Warrior

Hunter1984

Post#3 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:02 pm

thank you very much

Amidala
Former Staff

Post#4 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:03 pm

1) you can use them or not. if you would to like have better and more experience to low level use them.
2) all players can see your rank
3)you can't buy them. These are special mounts for players that will report on Bugtracker some important bugs.
4) trainer everywhere tool sometimes doesn't work. Try to find the last version of this addon. Go to NPC,chose ability that you want with rr and press train. you will have your abilities( check also hotbar you will start to have abilities on 2 lines)
5)check on forum,there are special sections for every different race/class. You will understand what is better
6)to create resources
7) npc is always the same. Do you have enough money? are u sure to buy sieges/oil of your level?there are 3 different levels at the moment you can buy light sieges
8)usually if keep doors are up you will respawn in the keep,if doors are down in the wc.
9)if you are playing solo sc,so with random players, this things can happened. Try to find in /5 a group. Or come in Altdorf, usually players that are doing sc are all together near the NPC for sc quests.
10)??? Most quests works good. if you have any doubts ,check here on forum. TRy it more time. If you are ''sure'' that quest doesn't work,write in bugtracker.

Princess Amidala Estellanor

--Tilean Warlords--Amidala AM-Drafalgar SM
--Hammer Kult--Amidalina ZE

Hunter1984

Post#5 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:10 pm

thank you very much

ragafury

Post#6 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:58 pm

Hunter1984 wrote: 1. ppl around the world tell me to get one of these "lesser exp gain books/scolls". but why?
(im currently 20/27).
You can level your RR in theory while not gaining much experience.
Before the merge that sometimes made sense when you had a gear set equipped like devastator and wanted to keep on farming renown.
At the moment I don't see any sense in it and I'm not using them when playing toons.
Just ignore them. If you level like, what I would call balanced, you should end up with Career Rank (yellow bar: your real level) and Renown Rank (Purple Bar) of CR31 / RR 38 and CR40 / RR40+.
Most people just do a bit of everything and end up with CR40/RR35 or something on average I assume.
Don't worry too much about it. Just don't go CR40 / RR8 if you want to play and not being a dead weight later on.
Hunter1984 wrote: 2. is there some ways to show off?
Only way is to show by title ingame. And you only can show the trench you are in.
Here, have a list of the titles.
And showing them.. well whatever. doesn't really matter. what matters is that you get on RR40 and every 10 levels you progress an additional skillpoint, which opens up for new speccs.
Once you can play the specc you desire, wear the gear you want to wear and invest the renown like you want it doesn't really matter.
Otherwise, yeah, you can stalk people in the Armory like a creep.
Hunter1984 wrote: 3. where to get and what are the costs of the griffon/manticore mount?
Those are rewards for reporting bugs which are considered gamebreaking like duping items for inifinte gold or major bugs which impact the whole playerbase / experience. Reports go here Github - Bugtracker. If you found a bug that's so nasty that players can abuse it, to break gameplay, economy etc. you may want to report it per PM.
Hunter1984 wrote: 4. where to use my rr ponits so that they dont get away?
so what can i do?
You can spend renown points at the corrosponding trainers. Altdorf / IC.
With the addon you can respec your masteries and your renown everywhere on the map.
You only got to rightclick a NPC for it.
About losing your abilites: not sure. you may want to document it and post it on the bugtracker if you are sure it's buggy.
Hunter1984 wrote: 5. what is better in generell, thougness or wounds?
TL;DR Version: Wounds imo. Though, Toughness is not useless.
Wounds extends your HP pool while Toughness decreases damage by abilites.
While leveling I rather doubt you can increase your toughness to meaningfull levels.
As far as I know Toughness is also non relevant as a PvE stat. Not sure if that changes in the far future and mobs actually get abilites. Since you are leveling you may want to grind ocassionaly to raise your career rank.
There are also other stats which are crucial in the defensive department:
dodge, disrupt, parry, block, chance to receive critical damage, initiative.
May take a deeper look into those instead of hoping to resolve your question in a 2 liner.
Hunter1984 wrote: 6. what are these keep "stars" for?
TL;DR Version:
They are an indicator for how powerfull your realm is in the zone and how well it is defended with canons and if the enemy can use postern doors etc.
All this jazz got changed a bit in the last couple of patches; you may want to read up those changes in this Threads ( 1 & 2)
Hunter1984 wrote:7. sometimes i can buy siege weapons and rams and sometimes i cant. why is that?
Read the above linked threads.
Hunter1984 wrote:8. respawning on rvr fields.
is it random?
TL;DR: no. it's not random.
You spawn to the closest point where a respawn is possible.
If you die in the lakes and you warcamp is closer than your keep you respawn at your warcamp, if your keep is closer you respawn there.
Once the inner doors of your keep are damaged you respawn in warcamp unless ofc resureccted.
If you flee or chase someone out of the RvR area into a PQ or something you might find yourself respawning in the PvE Camp / Quest Hub.
Hunter1984 wrote:9. loosing scenarios on purpose?
TL;DR Bring Friends or start looking for a guild.Play in Paties.

while I say so, it can be hard to find a guild which plays lowlevel scenarios on a regular basis.
For Scenarios:
You get matched with the "big boys" once your hit career rank 31.
From an effiency pov I would skip them for now and play a mix of RvR and PQs / PvE.
Even though the people in T4 scenarios are usually "more motivated" cause they are farming equipment or just want to win, it's still not optimal to play the game like that.
You best form a group which has at least 2 healers and 1 tank for a balanced experience in terms of gameplay.
Hunter1984 wrote:10. PQ quest conditions.
Sometimes the visuals are bugged or inverted.
Like you click a keg and the number on killed mobs updates and otherway around.
If a PQ is really bugged and you can't solve it, report it to the Bugtracker™.
Most are working though, excluding the visualisation issues I mentioned.
Hunter1984 wrote: i know these are a lot of questions and im really sorry for my bad english :(
Hope I could help, welcome aboard.
Now get out! :twisted: [/jk]
--- inactive ---
---guildless---