Recent Topics

Ads

Remaking character, name now unavailable/invalid? cooldown?

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Carceh

Remaking character, name now unavailable/invalid? cooldown?

Post#1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:27 am

I have decided to recreate my character as I hadn't played in a very long time and wanted to properly start over so I deleted the character and then when I went to near instantly recreate it with the same name I was greeted with the message saying the name was invalid/unavailable.

So I was wondering if there is a cooldown period after deleting a character before the name becomes available again? (the character name no longer appears in the Armory search)

(didn't have any luck finding previous topics about this issue, so hopefully not asking something explained before)

Thanks for any info

Ads
Tyrodan

Re: Remaking character, name now unavailable/invalid? cooldown?

Post#2 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:33 am

Had the same issue. Created a character with a slightly altered name then and checked every now and then again. The name became available again after about 2 days.

However I read, that you can change your name once you're lvl 40 + rr 40 one time per month. So if you don't mind running around with a "workaround" name until then you can join the fray again.

Achilleos

Post#3 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:36 am

Even after deletion of a character the name stays in the database of the server till restart of the server. Then it is fully wiped and the name available again.
Ironbreaker of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Grondil Anvilfist, Warrior

Carceh

Post#4 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:39 am

Thanks for the info, will just have to play an alt until the next restart then!