Recent Topics

Ads

ROR & Bandwidth?

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Vilhelmina

ROR & Bandwidth?

Post#1 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 pm

Is there a minimum amount of bandwidth ROR requires you to have in order to keep your connection to the server?

It's just that over that last month or so, I'm finding that when I'm in the game and I'm streaming video on my 2nd screen, I will constantly get kicked off the server within mins of playing. I log onto one alt, do some crafting and watch some YouTube whilst waiting for my cultivating to finish. I never get to cultivate my seeds as I'm kicked within minutes. I've given up on actually doing anything when streaming video.

It never used to be like this. I'm just wondering if ROR needs X amount of bandwidth to keep your connection to the server.

I know, I know! DON'T STREAM whilst playing, but I've never known a game that does this.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: ROR & Bandwidth?

Post#2 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:54 pm

I only checked live servers once and it was like 10mb/hour. It shouldn't be much different here.
Dying is no option.

Tesq

Post#3 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:21 pm

It is very low like 20kb per sec if i not remember wrong from an old wargrimmir post, you need a stable "ping" instead cuz if not the server throw you out( this also meanwhile streaming by giveing the priority to warhammer isuppose( also there is pc option that increase the time ( in second) the pc wait before abort a connection: you can find it im ctp.optimizer, is like 10 sec and you should put it at 20 for just warhammer cuz client is too mad regard ping.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:12 am

Tesq wrote:It is very low like 20kb per sec if i not remember wrong from an old wargrimmir post, you need a stable "ping" instead cuz if not the server throw you out( this also meanwhile streaming by giveing the priority to warhammer isuppose( also there is pc option that increase the time ( in second) the pc wait before abort a connection: you can find it im ctp.optimizer, is like 10 sec and you should put it at 20 for just warhammer cuz client is too mad regard ping.
It is very low. The entire server during primetime is only sending ~25-30MB/s, divide that by ~1000 players doing various things.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Vilhelmina

Post#5 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:05 am

Okay, thanks for the info. I think it's my crappy ISP at fault here.