Recent Topics

Ads

Constant disconnecting.

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
SYNN215

Constant disconnecting.

Post#1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:46 am

No matter what I've tried, I keep D/Cing completely randomly. I happens every 5-10 minutes. It seems to be a problem on the games end because my Internet only goes out for any GAME in general. I've tried reinstalling, copying the files and placing them somewhere else, and even the hardest of them all... resetting my Router and Modem!

Any help would be amazing.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Constant disconnecting.

Post#2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:51 am

Create a new UI profile and disable all addons. If you're stable, then it's probably a combination of addons causing it. Turn them on a couple at a time, play for a while, and see if you can track it down.

You could also make sure your addons are updated. https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/

There's also a list of things to try here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20075
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

SYNN215

Post#3 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:07 am

wargrimnir wrote:Create a new UI profile and disable all addons. If you're stable, then it's probably a combination of addons causing it. Turn them on a couple at a time, play for a while, and see if you can track it down.

You could also make sure your addons are updated. https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/

There's also a list of things to try here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20075

Um, maybe a stupid question but how do I make a new UI profile?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:20 am

esc > user settings > interface tab > profiles button
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

SYNN215

Post#5 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:26 am

wargrimnir wrote:esc > user settings > interface tab > profiles button
I'm also now getting this error, if it helps...
Data.myp:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\data.myp' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData(Byte[] data)

SYNN215

Post#6 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:37 am

wargrimnir wrote:esc > user settings > interface tab > profiles button
Disabled everything, still crashing BTW.

SYNN215

Post#7 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:10 am

UPDATE: It seems to be only when in Combat.

TroutJr

Post#8 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:10 pm

This is happening to me too. Will either be running completely smooth and suddenly D/C, or freeze completely for 2-3 minutes at a time. Only been happening the last few days, still an issue with all addons disabled. Will d/c in 100% of scenarios joined. Last 2 days I haven't been able to stay connected for more than a few minutes per login.

Ads
Bushmaster

Post#9 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:05 pm

Having dealt with this same issue on a 400 mbs home wi-fi network I found out that my cable service had a big impact on connectivity in this game. In troubleshooting my disconnects i canceled my cable service and kept only my internet service. My disconnects ceased all together even when in large battles with video settings at max. Frame rate sometimes drops to 15-18 fps in large battles but no disconnects (still seeing the game crash sometimes due to runtime errors but that isnt related to disconnects). Turns out that my cable router didn't allow me to prioritize gaming over the TV service so what I did was cancel all cable TV services and bought a streaming subscription for TV. And my cable bill went from $280/mon to under $100/mon. A win win situation for sure. Check your router and see if you can prioritize gaming, if not drop cable and buy a streaming service. Your cost will go down and disconnects will probably stop. I hope this helps, definitely worth a try.
Taipanic (Taipan on Live)

nibbles

Post#10 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:29 am

May not solve the keep fight c2d' but I would take the war out from program files as this eliminates uac problems that could be affecting your .myp issue.
Simply make a new folder in C: eg. C:\Warhammer\. and then move the 'Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning' folder from 'C:\Program Files (x86)\' into this newly created folder. So what you now have is 'C:\WarHammer\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\data.myp'
(Avoid using the Windows directories as this just moves the uac around)
Next you can Right click this Warhammer folder and set all to write enabled etc.