Recent Topics

Ads

Name Change Rules

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Thelen

Name Change Rules

Post#1 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:43 am

Hey, had a bit of a question regarding the .changename command.

1. It says only one name change per account per month. Is this calendar month, or is it every ~30 days...etc?

2. I thought I had read something a few months ago about names only becoming available after a server reset, is that true for a name change? If I have a name on a lv1 character and want to use that name on a r40rr40 character do I need to delete the lv1 character and wait for a server reset in or to use the .changename command on the r40rr40 (and have the name available)?

Wasn't sure where to post this question, so if this isn't the right place I apologize.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Name Change Rules

Post#2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:56 am

30 days or a month are close enough that I wouldn't bother checking :D

Name needs to be available. You would have to wait after you delete the character.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Thelen

Post#3 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:59 am

Fair enough :) Thanks for the quick reply.

Dabbart

Post#4 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:00 am

I think he means, does it reset on the 1st of every month, or 30days after name change.

And I can confirm, that as off like 6months ago, it was 30days from name change. That, or I changed my name on the day the server reallows it...

for the 2nd, I have deleted a toon and then recreated using the same name, I have also used .namechange, and then created a toon with the name I just removed. Doesn't appear that you have to wait for any restart. You do have to relog though.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:08 am

Dabbart wrote:I think he means, does it reset on the 1st of every month, or 30days after name change.

And I can confirm, that as off like 6months ago, it was 30days from name change. That, or I changed my name on the day the server reallows it...

for the 2nd, I have deleted a toon and then recreated using the same name, I have also used .namechange, and then created a toon with the name I just removed. Doesn't appear that you have to wait for any restart. You do have to relog though.
Interesting, perhaps it's only restricted at character creation then. I guess if it doesn't cause a problem, we wouldn't bother forcing it to match up.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

flintboth

Post#6 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:50 am

Hello, .changename command is 10 characters maximum, there is a good reason for that I m sure but any hope to see a day that will come 11 or 12 characters max or more ?
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

xarax

Post#7 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:46 pm

Any chance to rise the number of characters? 10 is so short, none of my names i wanna use are possible with 10 chars :/
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

ChicagoJoe

Post#8 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:48 pm

Not sure where to find the specific rules, but name change on my lv 40 rr 50 toon hasn't worked... tried using the .namechange command a couple of different ways... I have never done a name change before.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Ads
Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#9 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:52 pm

I think there was character limit, is your new name long?

ChicagoJoe

Post#10 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:14 pm

I've kept potential names under the 9 character limit and pre-searched names in armory so I wouldn't try taken names. I am not sure if I am using the proper format, need some help like its .namechange Xxxxxx or is it .namechange "Xxxxxx" or is .changename
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.