Recent Topics

Ads

RvR: different zones, different paths to locking zones, different RvR mechanics

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
groodawanderer

RvR: different zones, different paths to locking zones, different RvR mechanics

Post#1 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:48 pm

Hello, here's something to consider: why not try using different RvR mechanics in different zones? It could be on a rotating, random basis. For example, in the past Live version of the game, they had a 'Victory Point' system to flip zones. Anyone who lived thru this period remembers well people emphatically calling out in chat 'A PQ will flip this!'. We have also had on this game, a version that used 'Resource Carriers' that would carry, well, resources from BOs to the keeps or WCs or wherever, and if you killed them there'd be a big announcement in zone about it, etc. And there have been a number of 'keep-take' focus RvR systems with a varying amount of pve mobs at the keeps to fight, to supplement the pvp action at the keeps. I can remember having a lot of pve mobs at keeps, to having little to no mobs. And I can remember there being no Keep Lords at the keeps, to being the ultra powerful demi-god Keep Lords at the keeps, like recently in the game, etc.

Anyways, there've been a number of different RvR mechanics tried during this games run both Live and now. My question is: why not have different mechanics used in different zones? Why only have one mechanic for all the zones? This would keep things interesting as variety as they say is the spice of life. At least it wouldn't be the 'same old, same old'. Which mechanic is used could be randomly determined, or there could be some rhyme or reason to it.

This way, some people who enjoy more pve being included in the locking of zones would like when this particular mechanic was being employed, and similarly those who enjoy a more pvp oriented mechanic would like when a mechanic focusing on that is being employed.

Anyways, that's my thoughts on the all important 'RvR mechanic' issue.

Ads
CoffeeForAll

Re: RvR: different zones, different paths to locking zones, different RvR mechanics

Post#2 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:13 am

I suppose that once we get to fortresses, they could add the onslaught pq's (or some other pve element) as part of the lock condition. It's not exactly what you're proposing, but it might be a good first step?

adamthelc

Re: RvR: different zones, different paths to locking zones, different RvR mechanics

Post#3 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:21 am

Sounds like a lot of work, gotta be realistic here. In a perfect world it's not a bad idea. They haven't even gotten 1 system they are happy with yet.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but it seems like there are better ways to use limited resources. Like getting to a point where you are happy with a system for the lakes then progressing the game further into something like forts or cities.

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:52 am

its hard enough trying to herd chickens in pug orvr as it is....

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#5 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:11 am

no, if nothing else it would be too hard for a new player to understand as the system would have a multiple personality disorder.

groodawanderer

Post#6 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:02 pm

Okay, good points people. Thanks for your thoughtful replies.